đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

First ARTPOP Single Producer Revealed

LetsGetHigh

Featured Posts

melodichard

Yeah, because it's so easy to make a song hit #1 just like that. What a BS excuse.

You don't have to be angry! Just stating my opinion. :-)

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirtypunx

• ooooooops

• AgusPop

• Fame IV

How is that even relevant to the discussion, please stop

I didn't mean literal age, I was just implying the overreaction of some people

Why are you laughing? What's so funny?

His tweet and that he/they are following the discussions going on + him clocking the people who have doubts about the new music

MelbHawker

When fans are like "shes a risky artist, shes not Katy, shes not going to be safe" lol okay

Shes not an avante garde artist. Shes incredibly commercial. When shes "experimental" shes not defying the norm by that much, shes basically just to the direct left of whats popular. Still right next to it but doing her own thing. Shes as commercial as Katy, just in a different way. Therefore her making a song thats accessible but still with her own flavor is what will make her succeed not only on the charts but as an artist. Shes not Nina Hagen or something.

When you talk about 'commercial', 'mainstream' etc. she's definitely the artist that takes the most risks at the moment. It's almost comical how fans like you make general comments insulting the intelligence of fans with a certain opinion about Gaga. Not one fan has ever denied Gaga's 'commercial' aim/image. Of course she's commercial. Her music is made for the masses. And there's nothing wrong with that. She's not an avant garde artist primarily - but I understand why some think she's avant garde. They aren't wrong in making statements like that. There is no clear example of what 'avant garde' art is.. it's basically someone that presents something new and innovative in their field. 

I think fans just want to see her do great things. When someone says 'she's not Katy' - they are absolutely right. She sets herself apart from her contemporaries. 

You don't have to be angry! Just stating my opinion. :-)

I'm not angry, I just don't understand how you can say a song only hit #1 because of "hype" and "radio". First of all, if it wasn't a good song, radio wouldn't have played it as much as it did, and secondly, if people didn't like the song, they weren't forced to buy it no matter how much radio played it. Yet about 9 million people bought the song and it was #1 for six weeks. If it only hit #1 because of hype, how come it didn't go #1 for one week and then rapidly drop off the charts?

Your argument just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not mad about it, though.

Edited by Cherry

People are complaining because they are judging based on what they have to judge. From WS, we have tracks like Bloody Mary and Government Hooker, which are amazing, but they'd not be good as lead singles, that's all. Also, he has been mixing trap tracks for a long time, and nobody's here for a lead single with trap influences because trap is polarizing and far from the right way to go to be successful. And yes, people want to see Gaga be respected and recognized for her success and talent, that's why they are worried. Nobody wants people to make fun of her for flopping. We've had enough of it, and we want to go back to the gold days. That's all.

Stop acting like you're so mature and you don't care about how relevant she is, because we all do. We all love those articles stating how amazing she is and how she's slaying the basic b---hes who do nothing or fight less than what Gaga has to fight to put her art out. It's a defensive mechanism, we want her to be happy and successful with what she created.

Edited by BloodyHooker

Miel

Why was it important? What impact did it have? All it was was a low quality pop song with a catchy hook about loving yourself that didn't resonate with people because it wasn't that great. And that ended up starting off her era. She released it on principle but it didn't achieve what it wanted to beyond making her even more polarizing than she already was. Which isn't a productive accomplishment because she became polarizing for all the wrong reasons. It wasn't about her message, it was about her legitimacy as an artist.

Wow ok, I don't wanna push down your opinion on it but that's a very cynical way to see it. I don't know how the masses felt about it, and if they felt the way you felt about it, then obviously they didn't like it. But maybe I was one of those those few, rare individuals who did feel the resonance of the message.

3 points in and ready for more

Mariano

Go home monsters you are all drunk :X The album will be ****ing amazing just like Born this way and yall will deal !

dirtypunx

Wow ok, I don't wanna push down your opinion on it but that's a very cynical way to see it. I don't know how the masses felt about it, and if they felt the way you felt about it, then obviously they didn't like it. But maybe I was one of those those few, rare individuals who did feel the resonance of the message.

You're a Gaga stan. Of course it resonated with you.

Born Brave

Plus ya'll have to remember. DJWS was under strict supervision by Gaga in the studio because she wanted a unique sound. She had LOTs of input because she was going for that avant garde techno rock for Born This Way... ARTPOP is a completely different animal so you all may be dramatically surprised when it comes to the lead single... :popcorn:

The Stranger

People are complaining because they are judging based on what they have to judge. From WS, we have tracks like Bloody Mary and Government Hooker, which are amazing, but they'd not be good as lead singles, that's all. Also, he has been mixing trap tracks for a long time, and nobody's here for a lead single with trap influences because trap is polarizing and far from the right way to go to be successful. And yes, people want to see Gaga be respected and recognized for her success and talent, that's why they are worried. Nobody wants people to make fun of her for flopping. We've had enough of it, and we want to go back to the gold days. That's all.

Stop acting like you're so mature and you don't care about how relevant she is, because we all do. We all love those articles stating how amazing she is and how she's slaying the basic b---hes who do nothing or fight less than what Gaga has to fight to put her art out. It's a defensive mechanism, we want her to be happy and successful with what she created.

Then stop doubting her. 

dirtypunx

I'm not angry, I just don't understand how you can say a song only hit #1 because of "hype" and "radio". First of all, if it wasn't a good song, radio wouldn't have played it as much as it did, and secondly, if people didn't like the song, they weren't forced to buy it no matter how much radio played it. Yet about 9 million people bought the song and it was #1 for six weeks. If it only hit #1 because of hype, how come it didn't go #1 for one week and then rapidly drop off the charts?

Your argument just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not mad about it, though.

They played Starships ad nauseum and that **** isn't a good song. It doesn't have to be good to get sales.

heavymlover

All these people talking **** about BTW: you can leave the bandwagon already. TF and TFM are past and gone. I'm not here for another whole era of people whining for such stupid reasons. 

This is not your album. It's Gaga's. If you want to stan for a more conventional and safe artist, I'm sure Katy or Ke$ha can satisfy your craving for bubblegum pop.

AgusPop

His tweet and that he/they are following the discussions going on + him clocking the people who have doubts about the new music

Ok seriously dude, how old are you?

• Shadow locked this topic