Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga and Gay Talese - Terry Richardson's Pic

Guille

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

The thing is: ok, it's his trademark, it's his thing, that kind of photos. His amateuristic approach to photos can be beautiful and interesting. He just overuses it, which makes it seems that he lacks creativity and innovation. "Let me put you against a white wall. Ok, now one of you with my glasses on. And now I join you, and we both put our thumbs up" .....

It does seem overused after a while. Though, that essence is sometimes used for his advantage. Case in point, the Harper's Bazaar photoshoot form 2011- still had that same 'raw' feel, as @Haunts explained, but in a setting away from the usual white wall. It's like he blended candid with a general professional shoot, and it worked.

He uses candid to his advantage, both in visual and in thematic material (eg Terry x Gaga), but sometimes I feel like he sticks to only candid. So, it's nice when he strays farther (Harper's Bazaar, his other general photoshoots). Then again, in context this is only looking at his tumblr + his constant work with Gaga, which seems to be all intentionally a diary of candid photos.

But, again, as @Haunts said, his advantage is in 'capturing the moment' in a very raw, candid form.

3 points in and ready for more

Brooke Candy

what happened to her neck.. :/

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

aaronyoji

so does this mean a new york times interview???!!! 

cathy horyn better watch her steps in that office tbh.... 

pink sushi

When I saw "Gay", I thought this thread would have to do with something about Gaga being gay.... Disappointed tbh..... :noparty:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived