Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

AgusPop

YES! So what if the secret project is part of a visual for burqa as part of "The ARTPOP" :excited2:

Mmm, no, i dont think so Baby

Solitaire

Gaga tweeted on Wednesday, July 25, 2012:

"@carlyraejepsen I SEE you just swooped in and broke my BORN THIS WAY record of the most weeks at #1.  DON'T GET COMFORTABLE I'M COMING FOR YOU."

ikLu1No.gif

:rip:

I love it when Gaga gets feisty like this

- Previously Sycothisis

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Tbh I can't wait for the single to be out because I can't wait for that adrenaline moment when it premieres at like midnight or 4 in the morning like Born This Way.

I just hope it doesn't leak.

I also hope she doesn't give us ALL the lyrics like she did with Born This Way, I don't want to hear anything about it except the title of it.

Listening to Born This Way for the first time, it was a freeing moment.  I hadn't had the chance to listen to any one else's opinions about it, It was just me.  No Madonna Comparisons, No falling off the charts.  I swear it was the best song I've ever heard.

(Now Its not really my FAVORITE) but only because I let the Madonna comparisons and 80s feel get to me  :shy:

:rip:

I love it when Gaga gets feisty like this

I wanna know what she says about other pop artists when its just her and Paul or Zedd.  Like do they talk about Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj etc.? hmmm

Ratchetry

I hope that Gaga restrains herself for ARTPOP. 

What most critics agreed with in BTW was that it was too much, all at once, which looked sloppy.

Remember, when mega pop stars do too much at once, they are panned, and when they are restrained and clean, they get critical acclaim. 

Sometimes, restrained doesn't have to mean minimal or serious, it just means you let loose enough to have fun and experiment, but control yourself so that there aren't many themes at once. The Fame did just that. Gaga didnt try very hard, she was just sounding and performing like most of the people in the underground dance scene at the time, with her own twist on the look and sound. She didnt try to extend herself beyond what she could grasp, and it looked effortless.

BTW tried too hard to be thematic and over the top. Maybe a few years from now people will revisit it as a brave behemoth of purple and black glitter, but for now, it sounded too busy and try-hard. 

As long as she isnt taking herself too seriously and just has fun with her fans and her life, there will be nothing but love for her, both from the gp and the base.

The promo pic and her look between august-november and once again between march-now seems like she will be a serene alien princess, ready to rule the world, in a more elegant manner for ARTPOP. living in a white ice castle, a sort of futuristic, sleek marie antoinette. 

justbrian

What most critics agreed with in BTW was that it was too much, all at once, which looked sloppy.

Remember, when mega pop stars do too much at once, they are panned, and when they are restrained and clean, they get critical acclaim. 

Sometimes, restrained doesn't have to mean minimal or serious, it just means you let loose enough to have fun and experiment, but control yourself so that there aren't many themes at once. The Fame did just that. Gaga didnt try very hard, she was just sounding and performing like most of the people in the underground dance scene at the time, with her own twist on the look and sound. She didnt try to extend herself beyond what she could grasp, and it looked effortless.

BTW tried too hard to be thematic and over the top. Maybe a few years from now people will revisit it as a brave behemoth of purple and black glitter, but for now, it sounded too busy and try-hard. 

As long as she isnt taking herself too seriously and just has fun with her fans and her life, there will be nothing but love for her, both from the gp and the base.

The promo pic and her look between august-november and once again between march-now seems like she will be a serene alien princess, ready to rule the world, in a more elegant manner for ARTPOP. living in a white ice castle, a sort of futuristic, sleek marie antoinette. 

great a--lysis! I agree with all of this :) :) :)

www.brianhowarddesign.com

Amen

ryhanna

Will people PUH LEEEEZE let BURQA go. It IS NOT the lead single.

Cool psychic powers bro.

I don't think it'll be the lead single either. But we don't know that it won't be. We can't say "Oh no, _____________ isn't the lead single" because we know nothing. 

HausOfJerry

Let'me just remind ya'll..

Gaga can't cater to everyone, some of you won't like it..

and some of you may love it. 

expect some people to leave when ARTPOP drops..

just like some did when BTW was released because they wanted the "old Gaga back"

so get ready.

August 19th.  :worship:

VasilisVas

To be honest I'm a big nervous for this album. I feel like this album will show the G.P if Gaga has longevity or if she was a one hit wonder. Last night a few of my best friends were telling me Gaga is no longer a hot name and she is yesterday's news. Of course she has been out of the media for a while, so it makes sense that she was not seen or spoken of for some time, but hopefully things will turn and Gaga will be back for world domination!

BigDreamer

Cool psychic powers bro.

I don't think it'll be the lead single either. But we don't know that it won't be. We can't say "Oh no, _____________ isn't the lead single" because we know nothing.

exactly. Speculating and creating hypothesises is fun but all we honestly all we know is the. single date, pre order date and album release. Even those could be subject to change. You gotta admit, many projects including gagas involvement have suffered setback

HausOfJerry

To be honest I'm a big nervous for this album. I feel like this album will show the G.P if Gaga has longevity or if she was a one hit wonder. Last night a few of my best friends were telling me Gaga is no longer a hot name and she is yesterday's news. Of course she has been out of the media for a while, so it makes sense that she was not seen or spoken of for some time, but hopefully things will turn and Gaga will be back for world domination!

yeah me too,

but i'm sure it will slay/

I honestly think Gaga intended Americano or Scheiße to be the third installment of "I just Killed my Boyfriend"

Honestly, they so fit with the theme! But seeing as she wasnt allowed them as singles she had to wait for ARTPOP to write in a single-worthy track that would become the third in the trilogy!

If you play americano on your phone and watch the telephone video on mute from 5:08 onwards then you can see it totally matches! (If you time it right; the sandwich dance works SOOO well with the chorus!) TRY IT!!

AlienFugitive

If Burqa could create controversy (especially when it comes to religion), then it probably won't be the lead single because she need to get the GP on her side after BTW era. That's just my opinion :shrug:

• Shadow locked this topic