Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

This may be off topic, but does anyone love to listen to Gaga's instrumentals like I do?! Amazing.

Yes indeed i do. They are all beautiful. (except Paper Gangster) :dies:
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Kim Kardashian

All the pop girls did. It now belongs to DJ's like Zedd/Skrillex/Avicii who make dance music.

Fair enough.

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

GagaSkeletonWay

they must have finished working on the single if they're filming the video for it... but i don't know what else his tweet could be referring to either

If I'm not wrong the single was chosen one year ago: https://twitter.com/TaraSavelo/status/220412789213237248

And I don't think she has chosen another one, and we were told the producer of the new single would be surprising or smth like that, don't you remember?

aaronyoji

GaGa said she wants to have video for every song on the album. Do you think that these will be done upon release of the album or after the fact? Like lets say she releases a full Cake video through the app on Nov 11, then Nov 18 is one for Burqa and Nov 25 G.U.Y.

How will she be handling it?

i think she'll do it after the app, like one video per song at a time, and just sort of have us build a collection of them over the span of the era. i dont think well get the films at once. like, by november, shell have a film for one album song, then by december or january have another, then by a span of a year we'll have all of them. she needs time to make them and conceptualize what each song means to her. 

artpopthisway

A lot of comments on here are so negative. so many of you sound so picky. just let her make the music she wants to write. if you want a song to sound a certain way or be about a certain thing, write it yourself. 

Mariano

A gypsy in love is a pretty Interesting title and kinda weird for Gaga... I like It :D

aaronyoji

I'm just hoping there's nothing pretentious for the lead single. I don't mind it being different from Top 40 radio, but if it's pretentious and all about her, it won't relate to people as much, and we all know how that will end.

but when she talks about others and how great everyone else is (half the material on btw) then people trash her for it. 

honestly, the word pretentious gets thrown around way too much. and i doubt gaga cares whether or not she's seen as accessible to the "lamestream". if that where the case, she'd release half assed music twice a year and sing about poppin molly....

ooooooops

i think she'll do it after the app, like one video per song at a time, and just sort of have us build a collection of them over the span of the era. i dont think well get the films at once. like, by november, shell have a film for one album song, then by december or january have another, then by a span of a year we'll have all of them. she needs time to make them and conceptualize what each song means to her. 

Put me down as saying she won't end up doing this. Not trying to be cynical though!

She's not the first artist to want to do a video for every song. Beyonce was going to do it with "I Am... Sasha Fierce." She got like eight videos in and by then the album was basically done; it was no longer lucrative or otherwise 'worth it' to keep making them. And the video quality REALLY suffered. "Broken-Hearted Girl" was just a black and white video of her walking along the beach.

It reminds me of how Gaga wanted to do a lot more singles off The Fame, but by then people were hungry for more music so she ended up doing TFM instead. You can only control the timeline and the lifespan of an album so much, I'm afraid.

aaronyoji

Put me down as saying she won't end up doing this. Not trying to be cynical though!

She's not the first artist to want to do a video for every song. Beyonce was going to do it with "I Am... Sasha Fierce." She got like eight videos in and by then the album was basically done; it was no longer lucrative or otherwise 'worth it' to keep making them. And the video quality REALLY suffered. "Broken-Hearted Girl" was just a black and white video of her walking along the beach.

It reminds me of how Gaga wanted to do a lot more singles off The Fame, but by then people were hungry for more music so she ended up doing TFM instead. You can only control the timeline and the lifespan of an album so much, I'm afraid.

yeah i mean it might not even happen, but either way we'll have a lot of other cool things for the app. we're only getting a small dose of info from that ARTPOP app description, im sure there's alot more in the works :excited2: 

Well, we're not supposed to know the name of the single, so I doubt it's The Applause.

I DO believe that when she gave us those lyrics "I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and alone"... this might be from the lead single, again, because we don't know the single's name and she put those dashes in there like "- ----- -- ----" I think the first dash is there to just separate the lyrics from the song title like how she did with the Sex Dreams lyrics she tweeted. The song title could be something like "Gypsy In Love" But that's all I've got. I do believe the last 4 letters are "love" though.

And to share my thoughts on this: Gaga told us (I think through the LM chat) that she wrote 2 songs about the conflict in Indonesia. I think those two songs are PARTYNAUSEOUS and BURQA. I'm not sure if PARTYNAUSEOUS was scrapped, but she fought hard for it when she was going to release it with Kendrick Lamar, but she didn't let them because they were changing her sound up so much. So there is still a possibility that it's on ARTPOP, with or without Kendrick. And I think this is the song she mentioned was about "getting high with the enemy" so if there's no weed on ARTPOP like she said, then we might not get this song on the album. As for BURQA, I think this is the 10 minute long complextro masterpiece she talked about. Because she mentioned it along the lines of the Indonesian conflict, if I remember correctly.

By the time I wrote all of this, there have been 16 new replies...so sorry if I'm off topic  :sweat:

Burqa isn't the complextro masterpiece, because Madeon would have produced it. Zedd is the producer of Burqa. The complextro masterpiece is something else.

ooooooops

yeah i mean it might not even happen, but either way we'll have a lot of other cool things for the app. we're only getting a small dose of info from that ARTPOP app description, im sure there's alot more in the works :excited2:

Yeah definitely! I think all the app material will be stretched out over the course of a year, def not all at once, though I'm sure it'll be front-loaded so a lot of people buy it. I know so little about apps that I can't imagine what will be on it, though I'm sure it'll be really awesome!

Arturo

but when she talks about others and how great everyone else is (half the material on btw) then people trash her for it. 

honestly, the word pretentious gets thrown around way too much. and i doubt gaga cares whether or not she's seen as accessible to the "lamestream". if that where the case, she'd release half assed music twice a year and sing about poppin molly....

Maybe I should have rephrased. I don't want her to release anything that seems pretentious. Whether those "The Applause" lyrics are pretentious or not, the GP will view it as such. It really sucks, but it's true. Most are too close minded to look deeper into the song and think "hey maybe she's just thanking her fans for making her stronger" with those lyrics. They'll think "she needs applause? What an egotistical b---h"

Sigh. Whatever, as stated before, we're just going off one line from the song. We'll see how it turns out. Or if it's even a song :)

aaronyoji

Burqa isn't the complextro masterpiece, because Madeon would have produced it. Zedd is the producer of Burqa. The complextro masterpiece is something else.

i think burqa is what she was referring to. zedd makes complextro too, not as well as madeon imo, but he still makes what is considered complextro. she said she wrote a few songs about indonesia, one of which has jpop influences (partynauseous) and another is a complextro masterpiece about bringing people together. i think when she said this she was referring to songs she wrote about indonesia. 

JoshMonster

Hi guys one of my first posts :)

I may be reaching here but when I saw the tweet from the fashion designer regarding the net body suits I instantly thought that the lead would s-x dreams due to the theme that the song could portray and that the outfits could be used to provide a feel of raunchiness that would provide the controversy needed to boost the sales and hype with the general public ?? Just reaching here ,does anyone agree ?

aaronyoji

Maybe I should have rephrased. I don't want her to release anything that seems pretentious. Whether those "The Applause" lyrics are pretentious or not, the GP will view it as such. It really sucks, but it's true. Most are too close minded to look deeper into the song and think "hey maybe she's just thanking her fans for making her stronger" with those lyrics. They'll think "she needs applause? What an egotistical b---h"

Sigh. Whatever, as stated before, we're just going off one line from the song. We'll see how it turns out. Or if it's even a song :)

well, the gp will think what they already think of her, and have thought of her for the past 5 years. and it wont stop from here, 20 years from now the same poeple will trash her. who cares. if her greatest song to me is something people view as the most pretentious thing ever, i wont care. its not about what others think, its about what i think. 

• Shadow locked this topic