• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChicaSkas

• Paper Planes

• AgusPop

• dirtypunx

Paper Planes

I see that Kohl's department store has now added FAME to their online shop: http://www.kohls.com/catalog/lady-gaga-perfume-fragrances-health-and-beauty.jsp?CN=4294727150+4294718072+4294719773+4294719774

However, they are only selling the rollerball, and the 30 and 50 ml bottles. No 100 ml bottle, and no soap/body lotion/shower gel.

Apparently the time has come that FAME joins the rest of the basic fragrances of years past that gets bumped down to the cheap stores now  :cry:

delete it fat

Paper Planes

Who thinks this is a marketing stunt so that she can rerelease it in November?

A marketing stunt would pull it off the shelves everywhere. Only select stores seem to be pulling away from it.

delete it fat

Pablo

I see that Kohl's department store has now added FAME to their online shop: http://www.kohls.com/catalog/lady-gaga-perfume-fragrances-health-and-beauty.jsp?CN=4294727150+4294718072+4294719773+4294719774

However, they are only selling the rollerball, and the 30 and 50 ml bottles. No 100 ml bottle, and no soap/body lotion/shower gel.

Apparently the time has come that FAME joins the rest of the basic fragrances of years past that gets bumped down to the cheap stores now  :cry:

:omg:  i hope they sell it in the store eventually , that is my only chance to smell it!  :toofunga:

Don't visit my profile

RAMROD

Oh well at least it still around :noparty:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

dirtypunx

A marketing stunt would pull it off the shelves everywhere. Only select stores seem to be pulling away from it.

I feel like you're not that familiar with the fragrance world.

A celebrity perfume being sold everywhere but department stores like Macy's is literally like every celebrity fragrance ever basically lol If you haven't noticed few celebrity fragrance lines remain in them for extended periods of time. Of the new gen Rihanna, Jessica Simpson, and Justin Bieber all seem to have made a pretty steady home in Macy's so far. With Nicki its too early to tell. Paris Hilton barely got the boot this year and she'd been in Macy's since 2005.

-Jennifer Lopez

-Britney Spears

-Katy Perry

-Gwen Stefani

-Beyonce

are just a few of the major celebs to get the boot from department stores to be sold mostly in low budget chains like Ross and Target. Madonna is quickly dissolving in Macy's as well. Some celeb brands never even got the department store treatment lol (Halle Berry, Faith Hill, Christina Aguilera, etc).

Just sayin, don't feel like this is a failure for Gaga and don't let the haters make you feel that way either. Its kind of a shame it happened within a year of its release but it was literally going to happen eventually anyway. Its really not as basic as you seem to think judging by the urgency of your posts in this thread, Its just the nature of celebuscents.

Edited by dirtypunx

TimisaMonster

FAME is supposed to smell like an expensive hooker sold at Macy's, not a cheap one sold at Kohl's....

The decay....of FAME tbh....JSv0VCs.gif

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

dirtypunx

FAME is supposed to smell like an expensive hooker sold at Macy's, not a cheap one sold at Kohl's....

The decay....of FAME tbh....JSv0VCs.gif

Its actually good that her perfume has finally become available to all these stores. Now its available to more people.

htrllllsem

It's Marry The Night getting pulled out of the radio all over again :cry:

TimisaMonster

Its actually good that her perfume has finally become available to all these stores. Now its available to more people.

No it's not....they watered down the collection to the rollerball and the "cheaper" versions of FAME...

What's the future of FAME?...402j63t.gif

Dayman

Stores aren't going to sell a perfume forever. Fame is no expection to that rule. It sold great and set some records, but that doesn't mean it will have an infinte run, they have to end it somewhere. A year is pretty standard for a product such this to last for.

dirtypunx

No it's not....they watered down the collection to the rollerball and the "cheaper" versions of FAME...

What's the future of FAME?...402j63t.gif

I'm obviously the only fraghead here :fail: I swear.

The most successful celebrity fragrance brands have all been dropped from department stores like Macy's. The most successful celebrity fragrance brands (Elizabeth Taylor, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, and Paris Hilton) are all sold everywhere but. Its in part due to the fact that they've been around so long but mostly because they're more readily available. Gaga being sold in Kohl's and TJ Maxx or whatever is most beneficial to her because that means more people will be aware of the fact that she even has a fragrance out. She needs the exposure anyway. Now shes in literally every store that sells perfume.

Fame is a celebrity fragrance. You're all acting like it some designer frag getting dropped lol Its not a big deal, it was inevitable. I mean im not going to act like its not kind of a bummer that her frag didn't have as steady a run as Rihanna is having but like I said, inevitable.

Edited by dirtypunx

TimisaMonster

I'm obviously the only fraghead here :fail: I swear.

The most successful celebrity fragrance brands have all been dropped from department stores like Macy's. The most successful celebrity fragrance brands (Elizabeth Taylor, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, and Paris Hilton) are all sold everywhere but. Its in part due to the fact that they've been around so long but mostly because they're more readily available. Gaga being sold in Kohl's and TJ Maxx or whatever is most beneficial to her because that means more people will be aware of the fact that she even has a fragrance out. She needs the exposure anyway. Now shes in literally every store that sells perfume.

Fame is a celebrity fragrance. You're all acting like it some designer frag getting dropped lol Its not a big deal, it was inevitable. I mean im not going to act like its not kind of a bummer that her frag didn't have as steady a run as Rihanna is having but like I said, inevitable.

I didn't expect FAME to get dropped by Macy's....maybe I'm the only one that was shocked? :wtfga:  I didn't see a reason why! It wasn't even with the store for a year! It's a unique, one of a kind, FIRST EVER BLACK fragrance, sold VERY well, and deserved to be there more than the other basic celebrity contenders! I would think that Macy's would be proud to say they sold the only black fragrance in existence! IDK...I feel that we aren't getting the real story... :gum:

• Shadow locked this topic