💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Will Speak at NYC Pride Rally TONIGHT 6/28

yourfaves

Featured Posts

i still think we wont get any ARTPOP news.

its not a very big event.

but i'm not gonna be surprised if she'll announce something.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pierre

• AgusPop

• HausOfMark

• homomo

Wet Fire

An inspirational speech from a true gay icon, a true savior of equality and a true human being.I can imagine how happy she is for the gays.Her contribution to the gay movement is everlasting.

Americano

She's not discussing ARTPOP. That'd be embarrassingly inappropriate and and abuse of her celebrity power at an event that's committed to advancing civil rights. If anything, that's add momentum to accusations she's simply using the gay community for sales.

I'd honestly be VERY disappointed in her if she mentions her new music AT ALL at this event. I'm confident she won't, because she's a professional and knows better than that. She can leave that to music forums, not at a celebration of very real political victories. 

Also, I can't comprehend why some people think that simply because the BTW era is over.. her gay rights activism needs to stop? To associate the gay community with "standing up for the weirdos" is actually quite insulting and offensive. Her gay rights activism will be career-long, so you'd better get used to it.

tumblr_lvbybxIFL41qbh25zo1_500.gif

Edited by Americano

Morphine Prince

I hope she doesn't announce anything ARTPOP related at this bcause it's rude to promote your stuff at another event. Kind of like how Nicki promoted her Pink Friday album at the AMA's.... it's just tacky. But I hope she tweets something later on.

EthanPamyu

Also, I can't comprehend why some people think that simply because the BTW era is over.. her gay rights activism needs to stop? To associate the gay community with "standing up for the weirdos" is actually quite insulting and offensive. Her gay rights activism will be career-long, so you'd better get used to it.

This x1000

Shadow

104124-lady_gaga_617_409.jpg

Since this march, look how much as changed...

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Americano

I hope she doesn't announce anything ARTPOP related at this bcause it's rude to promote your stuff at another event. Kind of like how Nicki promoted her Pink Friday album at the AMA's.... it's just tacky. But I hope she tweets something later on.

Yes, that would be more appropriate.

Tomorrow or in the next few days, she could say "To celebrate DOMA and gay pride, I'm going to announce ARTPOP dates!"

That's completely different, at least then she's using her own means to announce it. But to directly springboard off of gay rights event would be so .. not appropriate.

Molly Aphrodite

wow you are stupid. her passion for full equality has nothing to do with a persona or alter ego....... who cares what haters think? people who like her music buys it but..

whatever

It's just my opinion, there's no need to insult me. :sweat:

And I understand she cares for the gay community and will always fight for what's right. If this was something as big as speaking in front of the White House, I'd be all for it. But her first appearance after a media blackout (before a new album era) is at a gay pride rally?

Just my opinion, dude. :)

boneknuckleskin

:trootea: tumblr_m1mbh05DgO1qfj8b4o1_500.gif  :trootea:

SpaceAce

She's not discussing ARTPOP. That'd be embarrassingly inappropriate and and abuse of her celebrity power at an event that's committed to advancing civil rights. If anything, that's add momentum to accusations she's simply using the gay community for sales.

I'd honestly be VERY disappointed in her if she mentions her new music AT ALL at this event. I'm confident she won't, because she's a professional and knows better than that. She can leave that to music forums, not at a celebration of very real political victories. 

This accuracy though...

Americano

It's just my opinion, there's no need to insult me. :sweat:

And I understand she cares for the gay community and will always fight for what's right. If this was something as big as speaking in front of the White House, I'd be all for it. But her first appearance after a media blackout (before a new album era) is at a gay pride rally?

Just my opinion, dude. :)

NYC pride is the biggest pride event in North America, and falls on the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots that were in NYC.

They were the largest gay rights demonstrations ever at the time, and marked the begin of what we now see as the gay rights movement. 

The Stonewall riots were a series of spontaneous, violent demonstrations by members of the gay community against a police raid that took place in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City. They are widely considered to constitute the single most important event leading to the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for gay and lesbian rights in the United States.[2][3]

Her "media blackout" has nothing to do with her commitment to standing with the gay community. She's a musician, yet, but she's also a strong woman that stands for something. I can't believe, ever, that she'd put something as minimal as a self-imposed blackout before her advocacy for those that are discriminated against. 

Edited by Americano

Rudz Xinc

"I'm so happy to be here with all of you,........ let's celebrate, this is my new single, dance you mother****er" :pawsup:

Edited by RudzXinc
Look at those clowns

• Shadow locked this topic