💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

Looks like this year you need a horrible song if you wanna top the HOT100. Harlem Shake, Blurred Lines..

Radio is a mess. The fact that BL is on track to reach the highest radio peak in BB history when it's such a shi*ty song proves it very well. On the other extreme we have Miley's WCS, which is in its 3rd week locked at #2 in digital songs. The AI doesn't catch up, if it'd be normal, the song would've been #2 on HOT100 by now. Then we have JT's Take Back The Night that couldn't even reach top10 on iTunes but gets wonder updates. Such a mess :wtf:

Edited by Renegade

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

Blurred Lines is going to snatch Mariah's weave. This is unbelievable. This song is so ****ty, and it's going to end up breaking one of the biggest records in Billboard existence. 

I have no idea how his album is going to sell. He has a built-in audience, and now he has a bunch of new fans from this Blurred Lines mess. Could be 300,000+, but I'm going to guess around 200,000. 

Holy Grail could be a good template for guessing Gaga's debut. He landed at #8 with just under 200k sales, 26 million AI, and 2.1 million streams. Gaga will likely triple the sales, double the AI, and double-triple the streams. Considering Blurred Line's *expected* dropoff in the next month, it should have no trouble debuting at #1. However, if BL's radio airplay is too strong to be reached, it will debut at #2. No way will it be anything less than that.

She wont debut at no 1, because her first week will mean in Billboard rules 2 days of radio and streaming and nothing more. But her second week will probably go at no 1 if everything is all right.

Arturo

She wont debut at no 1, because her first week will mean in Billboard rules 2 days of radio and streaming and nothing more. But her second week will probably go at no 1 if everything is all right.

We know. By "debut" I'm sure we all mean with her airplay, streams, and sales factored in. :)

We know. By "debut" I'm sure we all mean with her airplay, streams, and sales factored in. :)

Maybe she will make a really big surprise and actually debut at no 1 with the streaming and airplay. I didnt fallow her chart activity so much when BTW era began, so I dont know if is real what some people say about the 50 - 100 millions views that Born this way audio had on youtube. If that is real, who knows what can happen. :)

Arturo

Maybe she will make a really big surprise and actually debut at no 1 with the streaming and airplay. I didnt fallow her chart activity so much when BTW era began, so I dont know if is real what some people say about the 50 - 100 millions views that Born this way audio had on youtube. If that is real, who knows what can happen. :)

I don't think that's possible because streams are counted the same as sales I believe so she'll only debut with airplay :p

I don't think that's possible because streams are counted the same as sales I believe so she'll only debut with airplay :P

Well. I didnt know that. Then I expect a no 75 debut.

Edited by Florin

Arturo

Take Back The Night is a bop though. Watch it's debut be Top 10

It can't tho. Top 10 has been announced. 

BROSEIDON

Take Back The Night is a bop though. Watch it's debut be Top 10

Top 10's already been announced. Watch it be #11 though :rip:

Kermit the frog

1. ROBIN THICKE – Blurred Lines f/Pharrell & T.I: 222.955 (+4.534) :lmao:

Wait so does it mean he snatched Mariah's weave?

It can't tho. Top 10 has been announced. 

Oh really? What was the Top 10?

I think its a good song if you don't Bryan you dont.

Wait so does it mean he snatched Mariah's weave?

Not yet. Those are mediabase numbers if I'm right

"Lines" leads Radio Songs for a second week, gaining by 15% to 179 million all-format audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. Dating to the chart's December 1990 launch, only four songs have logged higher weekly audiences: Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together," which peaked with 212 million the week of July 9, 2005; Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" (196 million, Jan. 20, 2007); Alicia Keys' "No One" (192 million, Dec. 22, 2007); and Mario's "Let Me Love You" (190 million, Feb. 5, 2005).

Edited by Renegade

Kermit the frog

Not yet. Those are mediabase numbers if I'm right

"Lines" leads Radio Songs for a second week, gaining by 15% to 179 million all-format audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. Dating to the chart's December 1990 launch, only four songs have logged higher weekly audiences: Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together," which peaked with 212 million the week of July 9, 2005; Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" (196 million, Jan. 20, 2007); Alicia Keys' "No One" (192 million, Dec. 22, 2007); and Mario's "Let Me Love You" (190 million, Feb. 5, 2005).

Oh, so what does it mean? And what does that "179 mln all format audience" represents then?

Sorry if that's a stupid question :)