Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

Miranda Sings

Something tells me the chart will end up with Blurred Lines still at #1, Katy at #2, and Applause at #3. Blurred Lines hasn't peaked yet, and the public eats up Katy's songs.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

Because roar is synonymous to people applauding in an audience. like the audience is roaring to the singer is the same thing as the audience is applauding. 

Most obvious meaning is the sound of a lion.

Katycat is queen of the jungle.

Arturo

Something tells me the chart will end up with Blurred Lines still at #1, Katy at #2, and Applause at #3. Blurred Lines hasn't peaked yet, and the public eats up Katy's songs.

Um no Applause will definitely be in the Top 2 its first week. Katy doesn't debut well.

Miranda Sings

Um no Applause will definitely be in the Top 2 its first week. Katy doesn't debut well.

She debuted at #2 with California Gurls and #1 with Part of Me :awkney:

Arturo

She debuted at #2 with California Gurls and #1 with Part of Me :awkney:

Yeah, that was before 2013's new streaming rule and before 2012's new radio rule.

It was so easy to get a #1 by just topping the itunes chart before the rules changed in 2012.

What makes you think Katy can't benefit from streaming as much as Gaga?

I actually think with youtube streaming counted, she might have got that 5th #1 without resorting to a discount.

Edited by craig

Arturo

I'm just going off her past as we are with Gaga.
She doesn't debut too strong when you look at the numbers. She then goes on to have longevity and reach the top. 

Edited by Arturo

nick4bty

Yeah, Katy does have strong debuts. And she has longevity. And she racks up the YouTube views pretty easily. But we can go on and on about how Katy has more single success than Gaga. We can only hope for the best. 

Edited by nick4bty

I expect Gaga to win the initial battle, but worry Katy's single could do better long-term.

On the other hand, Dr. Luke sound is not as popular as it once was, and Gaga is likely coming hard for chart success with Applause in a way she hasn't since writing Bad Romance.

Tommymonster44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDUC1LUXSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82VE8UtW8A

You're right, I don't see any difference between these two.

I honestly don't.  Blurred Lines discusses the gender roles of woman such as wanting to be dominated by a man, serving men, and expected to be s-xy and feminine.  Rude Boy talks about male gender roles such has having to be a "bad boy" to get woman, being judged by the size of your penis, expected to be the dominate figure in the relationship, and not being able to think about anything besides s-x.

nick4bty

I honestly don't.  Blurred Lines discusses the gender roles of woman such as wanting to be dominated by a man, serving men, and expected to be s-xy and feminine.  Rude Boy talks about male gender roles such has having to be a "bad boy" to get woman, being judged by the size of your penis, expected to be the dominate figure in the relationship, and not being able to think about anything besides s-x.

Please. Robin Thicke is an arrogant s-xist ass hole who's trying to make the GP believe that his song is not s-xist or degrading to women in any way, when in fact it is. He's coming under the heat, and now he's making up excuses. Yet he made the song and video to cause enough controversy and interest to push it to #1. His entire Blurred Lines era is so obviously a ploy to become popular, because his previous music (that was actually good, actually meant something) wasn't bringing enough bread to the table. It's disgusting. 

Is BL really selling 95% more than the #2 song? :deadbanana:

No, it's 1.57 to .62. That 2.5 times more, or 250% of it.

LOL at everyone checking out his album and just buying the one hit.

Only other charting song on release day, is a duet with Kendrick Lamar at /#81.

No, it's 1.57 to .62. That 2.5 times more, or 250% of it.

LOL at everyone checking out his album and just buying the one hit.

Only other charting song on release day, is a duet with Kendrick Lamar at /#81.

:eww: