πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

Fizzy

We're still not sure about that though, remember, Katy is the female counter of MJ.. Β :reductive:

Wasn't that Bruno Mars? :reductive:

β€œThe scars on my mind are on Replay”

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

I am VERY happy with the release dates. Both Mondays and the album release date in November basically guarantees the album is going to be a strong seller. The holiday boost may even mean she will debut over 1 million again.

If the lead single has a radio deal starting Monday, then she may not debut at #1 due to high airplay (like Taylor Swift did), but will more secure a #1 in the second week.

Edited by Klou

HOTRODSGAGA

I am VERY happy with the release dates. Both Mondays and the album release date in November basically guarantees the album is going to be a strong seller. The holiday boost may even mean she will debut over 1 million again.

If the lead single has a radio deal starting Monday, then she may not debut at #1 due to high airplay (like Taylor Swift did), but will more secure a #1 in the second week.

You mean a radio deal could affect her sales because people will hear it on the radio instead of buying it? :confused:

You mean a radio deal could affect her sales because people will hear it on the radio instead of buying it? :confused:

No. Billboard counts radio airplay from Wednesday through Tuesday, so the high radio airplay THAT Monday and Tuesday would likely result in the song charting that very same week on airplay alone. Since sales is counted Monday through Sunday, the digital sales won't be counted until the following week. Edited by Klou

HOTRODSGAGA

.No. Billboard counts radio airplay from Wednesday through Tuesday, so the high radio airplay THAT Monday and Tuesday would likely result in the song charting that very same week on airplay alone. Since sales is counted Monday through Sunday, the digital sales won't be counted until the following week.

so, unless the radio deal starts on Wednesday, it's wasted promo/money/prestige, if i got ur point right.Β 

Does anyone know Teenage Dream's Worldwide sales?

WarriorPrince

Does anyone know Teenage Dream's Worldwide sales?

The album? 5M. It's probably at 5.5M at the moment tho

Dangerous Man

Wasn't that Bruno Mars? :reductive:

Bruno isn't female. :usrs:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

so, unless the radio deal starts on Wednesday, it's wasted promo/money/prestige, if i got ur point right.

It's not wasted promo, it just means the song won't debut at #1, but more importantly it is more secured a #1 in the long run. Edited by Klou

Dangerous Man

Hmm.. hope the lead single will debut 600K+ copies sold.

and any chance Gaga can debut again at #1? It'll a great record for her if she can do it! :party:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

HOTRODSGAGA

.It's not wasted promo, it just means the song won't debut at #1, but more importantly it is more secured a #1 in the long run.

Harry

The dates are perfect. Especially the album. Sorry RiRi, seems as though Gaga has taken your month ;)

She probably got one of the best weeks, before the likes of Beyonce, Eminem, 1D etc could announce their release dates. Even though Em is on Interscope but you get the idea.

I have to head to work, but I think I'm going to start a new thread just showing everyone how smart Interscope was this time around. It's worth spreading the good word :)

.It's not wasted promo, it just means the song won't debut at #1, but more importantly it is more secured a #1 in the long run.

so which do you think is a better move to promote Gaga's lead single? To start a radio deal on Wednesday so she can debut at #1 or start the radio deal at Monday so she can have a more secured climb and longer staying power at #1?