💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

It's over estimating GaGa's influence on the industry if we're thinking that Capitol is planning Katy's era around ARTPOP's release.  She's coming off of one of the most successful eras in pop music history.  They're not that worried about anything that GaGa's doing.  She's simply a much more polarizing artist than Katy and thus, will probably never have as much success with the GP

That's a really, really big exaggeration. It was rereleased and endlessly promoted and it still hasn't hit 3 million nearly 3 years after release. No doubt it was a very successful era, but absolutely not one of the biggest ever.

And why do people say that Gaga isn't big with the 'GP' (such an annoying, overused term, btw) when she's clearly selling more albums and concert tickets than basically all of her peers bar Adele? Do some of you really think hardcore stans are responsible for differences that big? :roll:

Edited by Cherry

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

Arturo

Poker Face 6,970,698
Just Dance 6,797,214

PF is only 29,302 copies away from hitting the 7M mark :cry:

Poker Face 6,970,698

Just Dance 6,797,214

PF is only 29,302 copies away from hitting the 7M mark :cry:

That's like one week sales of Right Now! :derpga:

Arturo

.That's like one week sales of Right Now! :derpga:

Rihanna her power :derpga:

If only Interscope would just discount the song for a week or two.

Discounts so PF can go 7M, BTW can go 4M, and Judas can go 1M

nick4bty

Interscope should just wait and discount all of her old singles when the first ARTPOP single is released. Gaga could dominate the iTunes Top 200. 

EarnYourLeather

The Ooh La La video is adorable! It may be the cheapest made in history, but adorable nonetheless! Are those her kids?  :saira:

I'm not even close to a stan, yet I can't help but be happy for her. She was on the verge of losing it all those years back, and she's doing just fine now!

That's a really, really big exaggeration. It was rereleased and endlessly promoted and it still hasn't hit 3 million nearly 3 years after release. No doubt it was a very successful era, but absolutely not one of the biggest ever.

And why do people say that Gaga isn't big with the 'GP' (such an annoying, overused term, btw) when she's clearly selling more albums and concert tickets than basically all of her peers bar Adele? Do some of you really think hardcore stans are responsible for differences that big? :roll:

I was referring more to her singles success when I said she's coming off one of the most successful eras of all time and I think that point stands.  That doesn't diminish what GaGa has done.  My point is that I don't expect GaGa's singles to be as palatable to Top 40 listeners as Katy's.  GaGa is simply weirder and more polarizing whereas Katy, up to this point, has aimed for a more commercial sound.  GaGa will most likely continue to move more albums and be a greater touring force.  

What I am arguing is the assertion that Katy/Capitol is waiting with bated breath for AP in order to plan out her next era.  I don't think they fear GaGa at all considering Katy's previous success and to say so is bordering on stan delusion.

Jase

iTunes Update

01. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

02. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

03. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus

04. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons

05. Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Daft Punk

06. Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

07. Cups (Pitch Perfect's “When I’m Goneâ€) [Pop Version] - Anna Kendrick

08. Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

09. Treasure - Bruno Mars

10. Cruise (Remix) [feat. Nelly] - Florida Georgia Line

11. Clarity (feat. Foxes) - Zedd

12. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

13. Love Somebody - Maroon 5

14. Safe and Sound - Capital Cities

15. I Want Crazy - Hunter Hayes

16. Tom Ford - Jay-Z

17. Mirrors - Justin Timberlake

18. I'm Out (feat. Nicki Minaj) - Ciara

19. Boys 'Round Here (feat. Pistol Annies & Friends) - Blake Shelton

20. Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker

21. The Way (feat. Mac Miller) - Ariana Grande

22. Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess) - P!nk

23. The Other Side - Jason Derulo

24. I Need Your Love (feat. Ellie Goulding) - Calvin Harris

25. My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy

26. Crash My Party - Luke Bryan

27. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel) - Mariah Carey

28. Gone, Gone, Gone - Phillip Phillips

29. Runnin' Outta Moonlight - Randy Houser

30. Cruise - Florida Georgia Line

31. Wake Me Up - Avicii

32. Don't Ya - Brett Eldredge

33. Sail - AWOLNATION

34. Redneck Crazy - Tyler Farr

35. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - Icona Pop

36. F*CKwithmeyouknowigotit (feat. Rick Ross) - Jay-Z

37. Round Here - Florida Georgia Line

38. Acapella - Karmin

39. Parking Lot Party - Lee Brice

40. Counting Stars - OneRepublic

Bubbling Under

42. Crazy Kids - Ke$ha

47. Royals - Lorde

58. Beneath Your Beautiful (feat. Emeli Sandé) - Labrinth

62. Right Now (feat. David Guetta) - Rihanna

64. Bubble Butt (feat. Bruno Mars, Tyga & Mystic) - Major Lazer

nick4bty

Ugh Crazy Kids! Just ****ing rise already! Although looking at Kworb, it could enter the Top 40 tonight. A Top 20 on Pop radio could be just the boost it needs. 

Right Now has stalled too it seems. lol.

nick4bty

^^^ Went up to #49 on the Hot 100 this week.

OMG I didn't even check. Wow, that's actually pretty impressive! If it keeps going up, maybe it can at the least catch up to C'mon. I wouldn't be upset with that at all. 

Jase

She gets so close to the top ****ing 40 on iTunes, then plummets a few spots, then rises a couple of spots, but always stalling at #42-#44. It's HIGHLY irritating

nick4bty

She gets so close to the top ****ing 40 on iTunes, then plummets a few spots, then rises a couple of spots, but always stalling at #42-#44. It's HIGHLY irritating

It's the only song I keep checking for on a regular basis. It's so ****ing irritating. But with all the combined versions, it isn't selling much worse than C'mon was, with much less airplay. If radio will keep adding it, it's sales will keep rising. At the same time, if it could rise 9 more spots on the Hot 100, radio will add it more. Ugh.