💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Art by Darren

monster83

Featured Posts

monster83

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am about to start work on a new piece in colour.

I've just created a Facebook page for my art if you would like to like it www.facebook.com/darrenhughesart and I'm on tumblr at darren-hughes.tumblr.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jenniferella

This is amazing, you are really good !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

stuckonfknyou

you were born with such a talent, its amazing, the piano one is my favourite! what next?

Kayla

Thanks everyone. The LittleMonsters.com links to each piece are underneath them :) would appreciate any likes.

The medium for these two is actually black and white charcoal and coloured pencils on black paper. For the coloured pencils I used five different shades of cool grey (except for the rosary beads which is crimson lake and rose madder).

It's a technique that's part classical renaissance drawing and part my own I've developed. The coloured pencils I use are really waxy with high pigment. They form a muddy like paint consistency when blended with odourless mineral spirits on a really fine paint brush. They take a while, but I think the end result is worth it.

Not only is the art phenomenal, but you really know your stuff! You've got the history knowledge and you're putting your own spin on it. That's creative, and you're a real artist. 

Archived