💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Joe Germanotta talks "Burqa" + new music release dates

Jase

Featured Posts

Lady Palutena

The Album will come when it does, you can wait--unless you die unexpectedly sometime between now an August-November then sucks for you.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will leak Unreleased music during the wait. :derpga:

I wonder how Burqa sounds?

"Bu-Bu-Bu-Burqa Face, Bu-Bu-Burqa Face" :laughga:

I'm sorry, but aside from one or two tiny "controversies", where exactly was the big furore over Judas? I mean, I live in Ireland, a comparatively *very* Catholic country, but no one said anything negative about Judas here, in fact, it was one of her better charting songs. I think people just like to throw around the "controversy" card when it comes to Judas, either to make up for its lower chart position in general compared to her other hits (yes, Judas was a worldwide hit, accept it GGD) or to give the song more weight and make Gaga out to be a martyr of some sort. 

In short, aside from a small few (American) Christian organisations, I am failing to see any global controversy caused by Judas that affected the public at large. 

My sentiments exactly, a lot of Christians I know didn't find the song offensive. In fact, most of them actually liked it :)

Edited by Peach Blossom
Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

gagalovesme

i don't really care when the release dates for the single/album are (as long as they're in 2013!) i just want to know exactly when they're coming out, all of this speculation is killing me  :pukey: i think august could be quite good because she'll have a summer smash hit but i'll actually die if she continues her media blackout till august  :nooo:

EnigmaMonstr

Regarding Judas: Ive played it a lot these last couple days for friends, and at work, and the general consensus has been "Oh my god I love this song I haven't heard it in forever"

Yessss! but I don't know, I mean it's not 100% true that it will release on August, he is just guessing right?

Neight Shayde

I can wait. As long as it's coming, then it's okay. I still have lots of artists to listen to before ARTPOP. 

monster83

I don't mind the Burqa thing. We haven't heard the song yet so I think people should calm down. We know Gaga likes to make cultural and political statements with her music and we know she speaks for freedom and equality for all. The burqa is still seen, by many world-wide, as an oppressive symbol against women.

On topic, I wonder if Papa Joe will get a scolding for dropping details :-p

Edited by monster83

Mariann

August sounds fine to me. It's only a few more months away. I just wish Gaga herself confirmed it. 

EarnYourLeather

August - 1. Realease the single two weeks before the VMAs. 2. Perform it / have a huge comeback at the VMAs.

October - Release the second single.

November - Release the album for the holiday sales.

The only flaw in that would be the Grammy AOTY nom. 

I remember Billboard posting an article where they assumed the record is coming in September. Seems like their speculation turned out to be the most reliable! 

At least we got some info from someone we can trust. The only problem here are the frustrations aka meltdowns due to the fact we're spending summer without new Gaga music.Consequently, it burns away all the speculations about the summer tour. (inb4 she tours with Tony Bennett before ARTPOP  :derpga: )

Do you guys think the record should come before or after the VMAs? 'Cause I believe it's safe to assume she is performing there - and f*ck the fact she is probably not gonna be nominated. Eminem and Rihanna performed Love The Way You Lie at 2010 ceremony although the video wasn't nominated at all. 

I mean if the album is released before the ceremony it will enjoy cool sales in the first couple of weeks, and then the awards show would be a nice tool to give a boost.  

If the album is released after the show, I don't see any big promo events coming before 2014 Grammy though...

:clap:

She must release something before the VMA's.

But after,she can promote her single in live show like X FACTOR (UK and Australia) and The Voice US...

MetalHausOfJosh

I think Joe misheard the question about the release day.

He said August/September

And the the fans said but that's too long

And then he goes to say well a single is always released a couple of months before the album,

So maybe he was talking about the album and we will get the single very soon! :excited2:

Hamlet

Kind of dissapointed I was expecting the new single in June and the album in July. I think it´s gonna be released on August because of her hip injury, the first single would probably be out now if it wasn´t for the injury. :shrug:

Deagan

Well then. :hug: <---- that's for all of you about to have meltdowns.

There are some good albums coming out this summer may as well look forward to those to tide you over!

Are there? Who?

You all dont know what Burqa is about. And talking about ppl with other religious views like that isnt funny.

But people with religious views talking about my s-xual preferance is funny? Girl bye. I hate most religious people.

I can't start a new topic, and I initially wanted to post this in rumors, but I feel like it might be worth posting here considering the news of the release date of the album.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a longtime fan, and I'm not some Madonna stan trying to troll this forum :laughga: .

The following blind item was posted on the 26th:

Link here: http://naughtybutnicerob.com/blind-item-pop-star-checks-into-rehab/

Lots of reputable gossip sites like dlisted.com are posting this and making a guess that it's indeed about Gaga, and there are rumors flying that she's been doing an out-patient rehab stint that was brought on by a combination of visible physical transformation over this tour (there are plenty of videos of her where she looks tweaked out of her mind on stage, one of which I saw on these very forums and almost **** seeing how coked up she looked) as well as her label stepping in and doing damage control. All I can say is, having a friend who has had the same surgery that Gaga supposedly has had, I find it incredible that she is already periodically walking and doing light yoga/pilates. I know most of you are going to call me fake, tell me I'm a troll, etc. But I just wanted to get this out there and see what you guys think, because truthfully after I read this I realized what mostly likely has happened is that Gaga has fallen off the rails a little bit and needs to get her **** back together before her label will let her do ANYTHING with ARTPOP.

:smh:

No. Gossip.

You wrong: Judas. All the christian people were furious, so...

Were they? Then every single christian that was furious was stupid.

I can wait. As long as it's coming, then it's okay. I still have lots of artists to listen to before ARTPOP. 

Again, like who?

I want to jam to new gaga music on the beach this summer and on my birthday 30th of June.

If it comes later:  :pukey: "fresh 2013 sound spring of 2013 techno rave awesomeness best album I made".

Edited by Deagan

BornSimon

I'm hoping the album will come out in August/September while the single will drop earlier than that (ideally this month or June :sweat: ). I'd love her to have a summer smash and appear at the VMAs with a hit to perform instead of launching her new album there.

I just can't wait for her to come back, I need new Gaga music.

Edited by BornSimon

Katie14

I think Joe misheard the question about the release day.

He said August/September

And the the fans said but that's too long

And then he goes to say well a single is always released a couple of months before the album,

So maybe he was talking about the album and we will get the single very soon! :excited2:

I really don't think so. I think he heard the question fine and you guys are just hoping this was the case. 

• Shadow locked this topic