💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Movie Discussion

Mills

Favourite Movie Genre  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of movies do you like most?

Featured Posts

Holy wow :eek: And Fast 5 was epic! You're so lucky you get to see it before me

I re-watched Fast Five before going to the cinema so that I could easily follow the story of Fast 6. And it's just awesome. I could not wait for you to see it.  :excited2:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga is Life

I re-watched Fast Five before going to the cinema so that I could easily follow the story of Fast 6. And it's just awesome. I could not wait for you to see it.  :excited2:

June 6 can't come any Faster :excited:

Did anybody watch "The Hangover Pt.3"? How was it?

Not yet, but I plan to watch it this week since I'm a huge fan of the first two films. I also try to avoid all the reviews of it so far. Hope, it'd be good. 

‘Fast 6′ Leads Record Holiday Haul
Memorial Day Movie Goers Gave Film Industry a Boost With $316 Million in Sales

tumblr_lyshl3GD2L1qkn25zo1_500.gif

"Fast & Furious 6" dominated the biggest Memorial Day weekend in box-office history, taking in $120 million of the $316 million in domestic ticket sales.

What started 12 years ago as a niche auto-racing movie has grown into one of Hollywood’s most potent franchises, as “Fast & Furious 6″ dominated the biggest Memorial Day weekend in box-office history.

The big-budget action movie from Comcast Corp.’s Universal Pictures grossed an estimated $120 million from Friday to Monday, making it No. 1 domestically with ticket sales more than twice as high as its closest competitor.

“The Hangover Part III†didn’t prove as powerful a rival as the movie’s backers at Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. had hoped. The poorly reviewed comedy sequel grossed $51.2 million over the four-day weekend and $63 million including Thursday shows. The animated movie “Epic,†opened to a modest $42.6 million. “Epic†was released by 20th Century Fox, which like The Wall Street Journal is owned by News Corp.

With “Star Trek Into Darkness†holding up on its second weekend, total ticket sales from Friday through Monday in the U.S. and Canada were $316 million, according to Hollywood.com. The prior Memorial Day record was $277 million in 2011, when “The Hangover Part II†led weekend releases.

The sixth “Fast & Furious†movie, which stars Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Paul Walker and Michelle Rodriguez, also opened overseas to huge numbers. Playing in every major market, the movie took in $197 million through Monday, with strong results in Russia, Mexico, and Germany.

Since the series nearly fizzled with 2006′s third entry, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift,†Universal has consistently upped the budget and the scale of the auto racing stunts in each movie, drawing larger audiences along the way.

“What Universal and the filmmakers did was take this to the next step to satisfy a global audience that is very diverse,†said Nikki Rocco, Universal’s president of domestic distribution.

The latest in the series cost close to $200 million, according to a person close to the production. With the benefit of tax credits in the United Kingdom, where much of the movie was shot, the final budget was $160 million, said a Universal spokeswoman.

Here's the full article

NEW PREVIEW: 

Rio 2
April 2014

Blu, Jewel, and their three kids live the perfect domesticated life in the magical city. When Jewel decides the kids need to learn to live like real birds, she insists the family venture into the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in with his new neighbors, he worries he may lose Jewel and the kids to the call of the wild. To make matters worse, Blu and Jewel's old nemesis, Nigel the Cockatoo, has returned for revenge.

:excited2:

ryhanna

Things aren't looking too good for The Hangover. Poor reviews and a pretty mediocre audience turnout so far. It's definitely not the juggernaut film franchise they were hoping it would be. Shame, the first movie wasn't so bad. I hated the second, and I don't really intend on seeing the third.

I'm excited to see Epic, but I can't really afford to go to the movies right now, so I might have to wait for the DVD! Same for The Great Gatsby.

I'm having serious second thoughts now on whether or not would I watch Hangover Part III, with all things said in the media.   I think I'd rather now save a ticket purchase for Man of Steel.  

NEW PREVIEW:

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
August 2013

Percy Jackson, the son of the Greek god Poseidon embarks on a journey with his friends to retrieve the Golden Fleece to save their training ground, Camp Half-Blood. They must travel to the Sea of Monsters, and find the challenges that may await them. 

FULL TRAILER:

Monsters University
June 21, 2013 (U.S. Release Date)

:excited2:

PREVIEW:

Pacific Rim
July 12, 2013
science fiction monster film

In the near future, giant monsters identified as "Kaiju" have risen from a crevasse in the Pacific Ocean, resulting in a war which takes millions of lives and quickly consumes humanity's resources. To combat this new threat, a special type of weapon is designed: massive robots, known as Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. As time passes, even the powerful Jaegers prove almost defenseless in the face of a relentless enemy. On its last stand and on the verge of defeat, the remaining defending forces of mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroesâ€â€a former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)â€â€and the weapon they are teamed to pilot; a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the early trials of the mechanical titans. Together, man, woman and machine must stand as the human race’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

Sign Me Up  :)

Added. Thanks for joining, Chinosky.  :hug:

What's your favourite blockbuster film so far?

Chinosky

Added. Thanks for joining, Chinosky.  :hug:

What's your favourite blockbuster film so far?

Your welcome  :hug: . Well, I did not watch any new film yet. The last one I watched was Les Miserables last January. But my all time favorite blockbuster film is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 :legend:

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

Your welcome  :hug: . Well, I did not watch any new film yet. The last one I watched was Les Miserables last January. But my all time favorite blockbuster film is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 :legend:

The greatest finale of any movie franchise.  :legend:

• Mills unpinned this topic

Archived