💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Movie Discussion

Mills

Favourite Movie Genre  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of movies do you like most?

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

The movie is AMAZING! I expected it to be mediocre, but omg...

The ending slays all lessors   :legend:

Jolie also destroys as Maleficent -- theres no competition, and her styling is perfect.

This was a great reimagining of the story of Sleeping Beauty. 

*EDIT*

The movie was so good that me and my friends stayed after to hear Once upon a dream by Lana Del Rey and we got up to the front (by the screen) got on our knees and bowed, screaming "Maleficent!!" in worship.

:worship:    :worship:  <---- that was literally us. 

very happy for u :hug: we liked it very much too ... tho we missed the bowing part :laughga:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

I saw it last night...and I was unimpressed

The plot was whatever, the actors and characters weren't memorable except for Angelina Jolie which is probably the only reason anyone should see it

It was beyond predictable and before anyone says "well it's Disney"...the trailers painted the film to be darker and instead it was cheesy 

tbh

Batwings

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. I'm nervous because I've been so excited to see it for such a long time.  :ohno:

Pure Adrenaline

I saw it last night...and I was unimpressed

The plot was whatever, the actors and characters weren't memorable except for Angelina Jolie which is probably the only reason anyone should see it

It was beyond predictable and before anyone says "well it's Disney"...the trailers painted the film to be darker and instead it was cheesy 

tbh

Perhaps what u are saying it is true but after all it's Disney :laughga:

Tho to anyone else u should still watch it cuz Angelina slays :ARTPOP:

AJH219

I saw the film last night and while I LOVED it, for the most part I was expecting a little more. From the get go I knew the film would not be a direct retelling of the original Sleeping Beauty film, it is an adaption of the well-known fairy tale. As another poster mentioned (either in this thread or another one), if you're one of those who (like me) enjoys the pure evilness of Maleficent, lower your expectations now. Thankfully, a friend saw it before me and warned me to lower my expectations. There are certainly some interesting plot twists, humor, and I thought the cast was great...but none compared to Angelina's acting. Don't listen to the critics, go see the movie for yourself! 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

I am watching it this Tuesday in regular 3d. I wanted IMAX 3D but regular is cheaper :flop:

I don't know what to expect but Angelina is my favourite actress and I doubt I can be disappointed.

Pure Adrenaline

I saw the film last night and while I LOVED it, for the most part I was expecting a little more. From the get go I knew the film would not be a direct retelling of the original Sleeping Beauty film, it is an adaption of the well-known fairy tale. As another poster mentioned (either in this thread or another one), if you're one of those who (like me) enjoys the pure evilness of Maleficent, lower your expectations now. Thankfully, a friend saw it before me and warned me to lower my expectations. There are certainly some interesting plot twists, humor, and I thought the cast was great...but none compared to Angelina's acting. Don't listen to the critics, go see the movie for yourself! 

of course not :whitney:

I am watching it this Tuesday in regular 3d. I wanted IMAX 3D but regular is cheaper :flop:

I don't know what to expect but Angelina is my favourite actress and I doubt I can be disappointed.

oooh if the movie was only with Angelina I would have still watched it and enjoyed it .... she's goddess :legend:

Applause

Angelina was inspired from Gaga for her make up 

Just carious, did she admit this anywhere? :o

Xalser

Pure Adrenaline

Just carious, did she admit this anywhere? :o

yes she said it in interview last year :yes:

This movie was more than I was expecting... I watched 2 days ago (the premiere was earlier here)

I usually don't enjoy Disney's movie at all, but this one really got me (the scene that she get her wings back in action is breathtaking) 

I could spend hours writing about the story, but... go for yourself see that masterpiece!  :giveup:

PS. The credits made me like Lana's Once Upon a Dream  :emma:

đŸŒč free britney đŸŒč

• 4 weeks later...
Jjang

*maleficent536acd244e2df.jpg

The Disney fairy tale becomes the actress' No. 1 live-action film; it also passes up the studio's "Oz the Great and Powerful."

Over the weekend, Maleficent raced past the $500 million mark at the worldwide box office to become Angelina Jolie's highest-grossing live-action film of all time, not accounting for inflation. Her previous best was Mr. & Mrs. Smith, which took in $478.2 million in 2005.
Maleficent, a passion project for Jolie, has enjoyed impressive staying power. In North America, the Disney title stayed in the top five in its fourth weekend, grossing $13 million for a domestic total of $186 million.

Overseas, the female-fueled movie took in another $44.7 million from 54 markets, including a $20.3 million debut in China. Maleficent has earned $335.6 million internationally and $521.6 million worldwide.
Also over the weekend, Maleficent passed up Disney's live-action fairy tale Oz the Great and Powerful, which grossed $493.3 million worldwide.
Maleficent's top international markets are Mexico ($40.4 million), Russia ($34.8 million), the U.K. ($25.7 million) and Brazil $24.2 million. The movie has yet to open in Japan (July 4).

Source

TheOriginalOne

Slay! I still haven't seen the movie and I desperately want to!

• Mills unpinned this topic

Archived