Featured Posts

Cocaine Heart

the only cds i own is ...... the fame, the fame monster, born this way 

We going to boo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Digital era >>>>>> Physical era

CDs will have the same fate as vinyls, less and less people buy them. I hope ARTPOP will make this happen. :nails:

Forrest Gump

CDs will have the same fate as vinyls, less and less people buy them. I hope ARTPOP will make this happen. :nails:

the downside of the digital era is that people would rather buy singles rather then actual albums, bringing us back the the 60's when that was the main focus.

NewYorkCity

Vinyls are amazing, and I hope they keep doing them with ARTPOP, is the most beautiful thing that you can have. Also a CD with a booklet... there's nothing compared to have your music physicaly, you can touch it, watch it, have it in a collection... much better and special than have a folder in your computer. 

the downside of the digital era is that people would rather buy singles rather then actual albums, bringing us back the the 60's when that was the main focus.

And what's the problem with that model?

Forrest Gump

And what's the problem with that model?

it means people don't care enough about albums anymore. singles are supposed to promote an album, not the other way around. now you have pop stars making sub-par albums full of filler and radio hits instead of a body of work.

the only good that came out of it is that it gave a much bigger platform for indie artists that you can't find in places like walmart or best buy.

homomo

So I'll be buying:

The App

The CD

The iTunes Copy

Yay :laughga:

giskardsb

the fact is that CD quality is still much better than iTunes or mp3's, unfortunately many young people don't have CD's as a reference so they don't know what they are missing and think that things like cymbals with an annoying washy sound are normal.  What we really need is for iTunes to supply apple lossless or flac as options.

the fact is that CD quality is still much better than iTunes or mp3's, unfortunately many young people don't have CD's as a reference so they don't know what they are missing and think that things like cymbals with an annoying washy sound are normal.  What we really need is for iTunes to supply apple lossless or flac as options.

I think I heard someone speak like that comparing CDs to Vinyls...

TimisaMonster

Hey Bambino! What interview does this gif come from?

gmjrH.gif

No me gusta :(

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

boysboysboys

Well, thank goodness! At least we know the Haus isn't alienating these markets anymore.

SEX MUFFIN

I have iTunes Match...if you match the music and then download it, does that count as an official download of the song? Because if it does, I will just keep matching and downloading ARTPOP so her download stats go through the roof hahaha!! Plus buying the album and the app

joshw2011

I have iTunes Match...if you match the music and then download it, does that count as an official download of the song? Because if it does, I will just keep matching and downloading ARTPOP so her download stats go through the roof hahaha!! Plus buying the album and the app

You really think they would let that happen? lol

But no, I'm fairly certain even the first download through iTunes Match isn't counted as a sale.

Bambino

Hey Bambino! What interview does this gif come from?

I believe she was promoting FAME. Can't tell which interview as she did a few back then.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived