Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Departing from FameGa.

Nolan

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

its cuz in the fame days, her makeup hid her features entirely. from the fame monster on-wards, her features were exemplified and she's looked a lot better since. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wiltedbliss

I didnt recognize her! I was like "Thia is Gaga!? " ::eek:

I didnt recognize her! I was like "Thia is Gaga!? " :eek:

GagaMyBlood95

Sure we're used to seeing Gaga in all kinds of looks now but it was basically the same feel throughout the entire era of The Fame.

l2j0JIe.jpg

It wasn't just the iconic bangs (she obviously had other hairstyles) although the bangs were her typical style. Her makeup was pretty much the same the entire era (very heavy.) Her fashion was also very retro, futuristic, and somewhat simple compared to her fashion now. I think we all know what I'm saying :sweat: To me the FameGa look is what most people think of when they think of Gaga. The first time I noticed it was her appearance on Saturday Night Live in 2009. When she took the stage to sing Paparazzi I barely recognized her.

aTUFpm1.jpg

I thought that she looked very s-xy and i digged the change. I kept giggling at the tv because it so weird seeing her in a new way. Her hair was very different from the typical FameGa look, and she had on very little makeup. (I use the word little very lightly) Anyways, what are your thoughts on Gaga departing from it and transitioning to TFM era? You have to admit it was a drastic change at the time.

Discuss!

just had to say that I love her look (and performance) on that second picture, think it was SNL :)

It's the tan and the bangs, broski. But this Gaga actually looks like her in the close up in BR.

4327305767_fa04160b8b_o.png

to me anyway.

when i first saw this BR look, i immediately thought "who is this woman? BR has no collaboration...".

it took me weeks to finally recognize gaga here  :toofunga:

boysboysboys

A lot of Monsters, especially those who are used to images made by Britney and Christina, find themselves hardened to tear away from the FameGa image: straight blonde hair with a bow, shades and pouty pink lips. 

Anyways, I do believe most of them have already grown out of that preference.

Didymus

I loved the transition because it was more gothic and dark, which I love. I loved every transition she's ever done, but STILL I miss FameGa, while I don't miss MonsterGa or BornThisWayGa :shrug:

For me, she could have played out FameGa throughout her whole career. She was 100% a persona. She was a total appearance, almost like an entity that wasn't really human. A lot of that fantasy is gone now, I feel. That's sad :noparty:

I loved the transition because it was more gothic and dark, which I love. I loved every transition she's ever done, but STILL I miss FameGa, while I don't miss MonsterGa or BornThisWayGa :shrug:

For me, she could have played out FameGa throughout her whole career. She was 100% a persona. She was a total appearance, almost like an entity that wasn't really human. A lot of that fantasy is gone now, I feel. That's sad :noparty:

:trootea:

NewUsername

When I first saw her without her bangs I didnt even recognize her. Its crazy to think that there was a time when I thought that would be the only hair GaGa would ever have. Now look, she has long parted brown hair and enough hairstyles to style a small country.

:dies:

Michael

She's changed so much over the years that at times she looks like a different woman, but it's good that she keeps evolving and changing her looks. It keeps it interesting for her audience and for herself.

Z100+Jingle+Ball+2008+Presented+H+vcWAKC

lady_gaga_9.jpg

MV5BMTM0MDA4OTAzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk2

352ccc55c9d65f47_lady-gaga-2010-grammys.

871238_8ZFQ41OE5B4KEN3RI56VE8YM1X4OPL_7-

Lady+Gaga+2011+CFDA+Fashion+Awards+Arriv

lady-gaga-768x1024.jpg

1024-2012a-gaga-400.jpg

colours

did no one else notice how her make-up was at the 2009 VMA's before and then after that performance? All the looks leading up to the VMA's were usually tan, glossy light lips and blonde/lavender hair. Directly after the 2009 VMA's, she became pale and all of a sudden had a new make-up style with heavy dark lips

Madonna-Lady-Gaga-image-popdust.jpg

Miel

did no one else notice how her make-up was at the 2009 VMA's before and then after that performance? All the looks leading up to the VMA's were usually tan, glossy light lips and blonde/lavender hair. Directly after the 2009 VMA's, she became pale and all of a sudden had a new make-up style with heavy dark lips

I noticed that, too, but I never thought of it significant. Huh.

I think the thing I appreciate the most about her persona/composition in The Fame is that it's all heavily calculated. Odd, it's the one thing I like and dislike the most with it.

3 points in and ready for more

Didymus

You, my friend, have just discovered something major imo :eek:

Seriously, this **** is gonna be in an entire career a--lysis when she's dead :cryga:

I beg to differ.

lady-gaga-2010-grammys-red--large-msg-12

This is my fav era from Gaga !

LOL both seem so much uncomfortable..

And I'm not talking about the lady in the back ahaha great teeth

871238_8ZFQ41OE5B4KEN3RI56VE8YM1X4OPL_7-

Love this one

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived