💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's VOGUE issue topped 2012 sales

Americano

Featured Posts

Nicole

I'm surprised it sold sell well, considering how heavy + big it is :L If I was a casual person who wasn't a huge fan of Gaga I wouldn't buy it just because of how heavy it was

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Introvert

in the world of VOGUE, only the italian and french ones are relevant nowadays. i wish they could just translate them to English instead of making one in the US.

not entirely true, anna wintour is very influential.

Finally the numbers have been divulged as I've been anticipating for quite some time on the actual sales of her Vogue cover. And once again, the numbers are very impressive, clearly showing that Gaga's still among the world's biggest celebrities, even in 2012 despite her notable absence in the spotlight, well at least in the US. Congratulations, Gaga! 

Dangerous Man

waiting for madonna stans... :reductive:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

StefJAGermanotta

Finally the numbers have been divulged as I've been anticipating for quite some time on the actual sales of her Vogue cover. And once again, the numbers are very impressive, clearly showing that Gaga's still among the world's biggest celebrities, even in 2012 despite her notable absence in the spotlight, well at least in the US. Congratulations, Gaga! 

Yes, I was wondering when they will come out with the numbers.

Also, yes it's the Sept issue, but the past sept issues of Vogue didn't have nearly the 600K sales. I believe Halle Berry's Sept issue is around 540K?  However, whenever Gaga is on the Sept cover, it blows other Sept issues away.

Arizonadream777

Guys, it's a SEPTEMBER ISSUE. It's always the highest selling issue. I'm really not putting this down to Gaga's popularity.

That would make sence if it wasn't for the fact that ALL of Gaga's covers on any magazine sell's well.  Just like any show she is on the ratings go up.  And then there is her perfume sells.  So yeah.

It wasn't even close - Swift and Rihanna are getting flak for their slow sales.

Vogue Cover sales - Gaga 602k, Adele 410k, Swift 329k, Rihanna 227k.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2292454/Taylor-Swift-named-worst-selling-celebrity-magazine-cover-stars-2012.html

http://fashionista.com/2013/03/rihanna-and-taylor-swift-tank-at-newsstands/

Taylor Swift covered not one, not two, but a whopping five magazines in the past year, including Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Harper’s Bazaar, and Elle. But despite the vote of confidence from magazine editors, Swift failed to perform: Her issues sold either slightly above or slightly below average, with the exception of Cosmopolitan, for which Swifty’s issue was the magazine’s worst selling all year. Swift actually has a pretty bad track record when it comes to selling magazines: In 2010, she was a consistent worst-seller, and in 2011, when she only covered two mags (Teen Vogue and InStyle), her performance was unremarkable.

Rihanna’s Vogue November issue also tanked: It sold 227,000 copies–32 percent below the six-month average–making it the glossy’s second-worst selling issue all year. Vogue’s Olympic issue, covered by Ryan Lochte, Hope Solo and Serena Williams, has the dubious honor of being the worst-selling issue. (Maybe Lochte won’t be so chummy with Anna Wintour from now on.)

So who did perform? Lady Gaga sold the most issues (602,000 copies) for Vogue, followed by Adele (410,343). Gaga has been newsstand gold for the past two years.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived