River 129,266 Posted Wednesday at 05:54 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 05:54 PM 18 minutes ago, RaveMonster said: She canceled this a week ago. https://www.complex.com/music/a/markelibert/zara-larsson-abu-dhabi-concert-canceled-sudan Sure, you can still buy tickets and she’s still promoted lol So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RaveMonster 718 Posted Wednesday at 06:01 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 06:01 PM 1 minute ago, River said: Sure, you can still buy tickets and she’s still promoted lol I mean that’s the organizer’s fault, it’s not like she is posting about it and no one on her team has control over their website, the festival is probably still trying to find a replacement. She quite literally said she isn’t performing and the reasons why she withdrew. Accepting the invitation to perform was bad but withdrawing and making a statement about it was the right call. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SleepingSun 1,661 Posted Wednesday at 06:08 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 06:08 PM (edited) 2 hours ago, timdrake said: I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to care about this. It's not like Zara swore a blood oath to the Republican party and praised its values (even though she can't vote in the US, mind you). And as much as I dislike Sexxy Redd (and I only know her from that one Bruno song, her WWE appearances, and that airport fight video), it's not like she came out and was given a platform by Zara to speak about why people should vote Republican. In the real world outside of stan twitter, people with different values still find common ground all the time. I'm not that shocked and scandalized by this. Just no. We cannot normalize supporting a corrupt person and/or movement like Trump and MAGA to the point we simply call it 'people with different values'. The moment someone's 'values' deny others their human rights, there should be zero tolerance. Edited Wednesday at 06:09 PM by SleepingSun One second I'm a troll, then suddenly the troll is me. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
timdrake 2,915 Posted Wednesday at 08:36 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:36 PM (edited) 2 hours ago, SleepingSun said: Just no. We cannot normalize supporting a corrupt person and/or movement like Trump and MAGA to the point we simply call it 'people with different values'. The moment someone's 'values' deny others their human rights, there should be zero tolerance. You're never going to convince me that blanket cutting off communication to people who don't think like us is the way to move forward. It's a very angry, impractical, and immature position to hold. You're free to associate with whoever you want, but I don't think it's beneficial to shut yourself into an echo chamber. There are many supporters who don't see actions from the administration as "denying others their human rights," and that can come from a lack of understanding. Positive change to someones viewpoint comes about through communication. Contrary to what social media suggests, humans are capable of still finding common ground while having opposing political beliefs. Hell, I've had people in my own life who voted/supported Trump initially, and have since become radically and loudly against him and the Republicans. MORE IMPORTANTLY I looked up what aspects of Trump that Sexyy Red even liked, and these were her quotes: “I like Trump,” she said. “Yeah, they support him in the hood. At first I don’t think people was f–king with him. They thought he was racist, saying little s–t against women. But once he started getting Black people out of jail and giving people that free money. Aww baby, we love Trump. We need him back in office. We need him back because, baby, them checks. Them stimulus checks. Trump, we miss you... “I love Trump. He funny to me,” she continued. “I used to be watching him talking to people. He used to be calling people fat. He just bold. He funny. We need people like him.” CALL ME CRAZY but uhhh I don't think she's coming from a place of understanding of his "human rights" agenda and actions on a geopolitical landscape. Edited Wednesday at 08:44 PM by timdrake 5 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BLOODANDSEMEN 430 Posted Wednesday at 08:52 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:52 PM 6 hours ago, garbage day said: How simplistic. Please continue your life being so simple, you'll be so happy. lol babe…. Being able to acknowledge the complexity and nuance of life is the opposite of simplistic. Your black and white frame of logic is a great example of simplistic. Have a good day lol 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hydrangea 8,377 Posted Wednesday at 09:02 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:02 PM Whilst yes she should know better than to associate with sexxy red I do find it a delicious kind of irony that user Taylor swift is front and center when tearing down another pop woman is the topic Looking down at my $t loser misery 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,394 Posted Wednesday at 09:33 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:33 PM I wish I had the luxury of inventing things to be mad about We have forgotten our public MANNERS 1 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bxr 3,207 Posted Wednesday at 09:36 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:36 PM As always, I’m new and novice here, always learning and such … but just from an outside perspective, it seems like the celebrity industrial complex and network society have a lot of influence over pop star partnerships … I mean, once you sign your name and likeness over to a talent agency, you sort of lose personal agency in public facing alliances … none of these figures are independent, so they yield to their network’s interests … and politics and show business are yoked bedfellows, and politicians and entertainers share talent management firms, so … I don’t know what I’m articulating but just musing considerations on the blink, I guess 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Future Lovers 7,883 Posted Wednesday at 09:47 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:47 PM I really do not think Little Monsters want to start throwing stones when the Haus of Gaga is made of glass in this regard 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TaylorSwift 164,271 Posted Wednesday at 10:04 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 10:04 PM 57 minutes ago, Hydrangea said: Whilst yes she should know better than to associate with sexxy red I do find it a delicious kind of irony that user Taylor swift is front and center when tearing down another pop woman is the topic I was supporting Zara when no one else was, even @River was telling me to stop and that she would never make it. Zara Larsson and her team are chronically online and always know what’s going on, so it’s hard to believe they didn’t know that Sexyy Red had performed at a MAGA wedding + she is also a Chris Brown supporter. This is just weird that someone who’s been so outspoken against Trump and Chris Brown has no problem performing with someone who supports them. Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
timdrake 2,915 Posted Wednesday at 10:08 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 10:08 PM (edited) 8 minutes ago, TaylorSwift said: This is just weird that someone who’s been so outspoken against Trump and Chris Brown has no problem performing with someone who supports them. People don't have to co-sign onto others beliefs and politics in order to interact with them. Zara still probably holds the same beliefs she held before she brought Sexyy Red out onstage. People can find value in other aspects of one another outside of political differences. If this was Kid Rock, who is just a complete off-putting asshole and misogynist in addition to his political affiliations, thennnn I would understand the backlash. Edited Wednesday at 10:13 PM by timdrake 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hydrangea 8,377 Posted Wednesday at 10:13 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 10:13 PM 3 minutes ago, timdrake said: People don't have to co-sign onto others beliefs and politics in order to interact with them. Zara still probably holds the same beliefs she held before she brought Sexyy Red out onstage. People can find value in other aspects of one another outside of political differences. Whilst yes you’re trying to see the nuance in the situation how can one hold a belief and then platform someone who stands completely against it? Actions speak louder than words Looking down at my $t loser misery Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
timdrake 2,915 Posted Wednesday at 10:14 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 10:14 PM Just now, Hydrangea said: Whilst yes you’re trying to see the nuance in the situation how can one hold a belief and then platform someone who stands completely against it? Actions speak louder than words Did she platform her to speak about Trump and support of his administration, or did she bring her out to perform a song? Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
timdrake 2,915 Posted Wednesday at 10:15 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 10:15 PM 1 minute ago, Hydrangea said: Actions speak louder than words I do believe this to be true, but that shouldn't be confused with "optics hysteria" where everyone's just obsessed with how something ~looks~ Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hydrangea 8,377 Posted Wednesday at 10:19 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 10:19 PM 1 minute ago, timdrake said: Did she platform her to speak about Trump and support of his administration, or did she bring her out to perform a song? Would you say you stand for gay rights and then invite Anita Bryant to speak about anything? Her not advocating for trump and his policies in that moment is irrelevant to who she has shown herself to be as a person Looking down at my $t loser misery 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.