Reject False Icons 4,995 Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago (edited) This is something I don’t see many people talking about, pop acts live performances and tours always seem to be wearing the same clothes (latex, chaps, leotards, monochromatic looks, and rhinestones) it’s become so boring and predictable just like the uniform pop singers have to wear this directly has to do with Gaga, she didn’t invent that look but when she first started out popularized leotards and latex looks in live performances along with Beyoncé’s I Am Sasha fierce era, ever since everyone copied that out and it’s so boring now, other pop stars had built the fashion icon status after Gaga but nobody changed this and it’s very uninspiring do you see it too? Edited 23 hours ago by Reject False Icons 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
nATAH 58,528 Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago as someone who's worn a full latex suit for... reasons... i have no idea how the f*ck gaga and these girls do it, they must need a bucket to stand in when they undress to catch all the sweat such an awful feeling mother, what must i do? 2 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,297 Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago I mean for actual performers, those looks at their basic garment level are the best to perform in as they are the least restrictive/impactful. So I do get it. But I just wish more creativity went into creating moments that allow for more impactful looks - like the Gaga cage dress etc. If you're delivering a park and bark number, find a way to dress up the body suit with something that can be easily added and removed etc. Clip on skirts and ****. The gays know how to party 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,297 Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago 2 minutes ago, nATAH said: as someone who's worn a full latex suit for... reasons 👀 2 minutes ago, nATAH said: they must need a bucket I've been called worse tbf The gays know how to party 7 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mamo 20,719 Posted 23 hours ago Share Posted 23 hours ago (edited) No one was really wearing latex like that before Gaga stepped onto the scene (largely thanks to the designer Atsuko Kudo who pioneered latex fashion), and then suddenly you had the likes of Kim Kardashian etc and so many others embracing it. Gaga truly re-envisioned what it meant to be a popstar in the 21st century. The number of young designers who were given their big break simply because Gaga wore their pieces is endless. And I also have to add that Gaga was one of the rare pop stars who designers/fashion houses would actually open their archives for. Something that was practically unheard of back then. She had access to pieces that most artists simply didn’t. There's a reason why she's the first popstar to win the CFDA fashion icon award and she did that only 3 or 4 years into her career. She genuinely is and will forever be THAT bitch! Edited 23 hours ago by mamo Ï could be your girlfriend for the weekend... 2 4 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,193 Posted 22 hours ago Share Posted 22 hours ago Latex is reliably sexy (& can be used as a crutch for lack of vision) but I do admire when MPGs take bizarre risks, even if the definition of "bizarre" keeps shrinking. I still can't decide if I love this look or if I hate it, but I want to keep staring at it She looks like she's about to crash a Gotham City gala 2 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bxr 3,183 Posted 22 hours ago Share Posted 22 hours ago Kylie talked about the latex costume process a bit during her “My Life in Looks” … [ ~2:50 ] 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,193 Posted 22 hours ago Share Posted 22 hours ago (edited) 48 minutes ago, nATAH said: as someone who's worn a full latex suit for... reasons... i have no idea how the f*ck gaga and these girls do it, they must need a bucket to stand in when they undress to catch all the sweat such an awful feeling But have you ever had a sudden, claustrophobic panic attack... in front of others, while inside full-body latex? An experience that exists in that rare, 3-way intersection of terror, eroticism & humiliation Edited 22 hours ago by NUTELLA 3 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
nATAH 58,528 Posted 22 hours ago Share Posted 22 hours ago 7 minutes ago, NUTELLA said: But have you ever had a sudden, claustrophobic panic attack... in front of others, while inside full-body latex? An experience that exists in that rare, 3-way intersection of terror, eroticism & humiliation that's what you get for dragging the Killah bridge every day mother, what must i do? 2 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
garbage day 11,871 Posted 21 hours ago Share Posted 21 hours ago 59 minutes ago, NUTELLA said: Latex is reliably sexy (& can be used as a crutch for lack of vision) but I do admire when MPGs take bizarre risks, even if the definition of "bizarre" keeps shrinking. I still can't decide if I love this look or if I hate it, but I want to keep staring at it She looks like she's about to crash a Gotham City gala It's more like a hunting ghillie suit 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,193 Posted 21 hours ago Share Posted 21 hours ago 7 minutes ago, garbage day said: It's more like a hunting ghillie suit Honing her skill for camouflage/remaining hidden (at least according to chart folk) Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
artdoll 47,197 Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago 7 hours ago, nATAH said: as someone who's worn a full latex suit for... reasons... 7 hours ago, Bronco said: 👀 。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。 4 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duella Dvil 12,243 Posted 14 hours ago Share Posted 14 hours ago Hmmmm I go to a lot of shows and feel like everyone is really carving their own identities fashionwise. I dont see Olivia Rodrigo trying to do Tate Mccrae or Christina Aguilera do Kylie Minogue. Beyoncé and Gaga sometimes pull from similar archives and end up looking similar but that's no one's fault but the director of style. At least they're not dressed like Ed sheeran www.instagram.com/theduella666 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
garbage day 11,871 Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/431335-nicole-scherzinger-debuts-new-outfit-at-the-1st-uk-show-of-the-pcd-forever-tour/#comment-15744108 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.