Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
series

‘Glee’ reboot script finished an hour ago


ThisGuyTony
 Share

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

Did the original glee have double proof? :reductive:

9fc2d1eac1cd412b9bed633011de269e8f7297f0

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheBeast said:

While I do agree with most of you that Glee was absolutely a product of the very late 00's - early '10s, I think if done correctly, this would be amazing.

There would have to be a complete overhaul of the show structure and the writing would have to be done well to win over a whole new generation of Gen-Z/Alpha Gleeks, which they would absolutely NEED to bank on since most Millenial fans have moved on and seemingly don't care for a reboot.

I am cautiously optimistic. Ryan Murphy's shows are either incredible masterpieces or complete dumpster fires. There really isnt an in-between.

We'll see how this goes. :partysick:

On the contrary, Millennials actually still make up the majority of media consumption from TV to film to video games. That’s why nostalgia from the 80s/90s/2000s is still so rife in media. 

Millennials also on average stick with a show for a full season more than Gen Z/Alpha. The majority of movie ticket sales are still to people aged 30-40 for example, more than 64% of audiences from the biggest movies over the last 6 years have been Millennials. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

codymonster

I don’t know guys, Glee was good TV for the first few seasons. It started to fall apart a bit when they introduced a new cast, and then completely dropped off when when main characters love interest passed (but I mean, that’s a big hurdle to overcome) so I think people are too hard on it.

The first few seasons were SO funny, genuinely dramatic, touched on things that weren’t touched on on tv, and the music was awesome. If they can channel that, it would be great to have back. I’m all for this :vegas:

Edited by codymonster
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what, I didn’t like the series but I live for their covers so bring it on :vegas:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, princedeeblebleble said:

and yet they cancelled a Buffy reboot. They can all go to hell!

 

They did? She was so in involved damn. That would be fire

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Red said:

You know what, I didn’t like the series but I live for their covers so bring it on :vegas:

But covers are such a YouTube 2000 late thing. 

Unless this Is in the 80s like every other show and they can cover those. 

Are they dancing for tik tok too omg so cringe

Link to post
Share on other sites

DESTROY UR DISEASE

Yay, who cares :Cautious:

Glee was phenomenal the way it was and back in the times it happened. It doesn't need a reebot, even though personally I'd love to see New Directions covering some newer hits from recent years... but still - leave that damn show in the past, it's not going to work out, this is just gonna be nostalgia baiting in lower quality.

Love the show forever but please don't

I can smell your sickness I can...
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, NUTELLA said:

Sane people do not/will not want this

Glee was a product of its time, best left there

Fun first few seasons, but damn... it unraveled into a toxic soap opera mess (the show itself & everything behind the scenes lol)

If they MUST reboot it, I hope they call it Dread... & focus only on Matthew Morrison, so no one watches it & it is cancelled quickly

8o5t1n1wtmxd1.gif

Having just rewatched Glee (or tried to and couldn't make it past season 3), I agree. 

Glee deserves to stay in the period of time it existed lol, and it overstayed it's welcome there

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...