GagaisHotAF 494 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 Back in 2011 after Gaga released the BTW country version, Dolly expressed her admiration for Gaga. "I think it's great," Parton told E! backstage at the GLAAD Media Awards. "It's just wonderful. I love her." And wanted to hit the studio with her. "Maybe we should do something together--GooGoo and Gaga!" she told E! Online in an interview after the GLAAD Media Awards, "You know those GooGoo candy bars in Nashville? I could be Lady GooGoo." What could have been. https://tasteofcountry.com/dolly-parton-lady-gaga-duet/ Probably on Grindr 1 18 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,161 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 Would've been great for Joanne than Florence, which I always feel kinda out of place. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ 7 5 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MadArchitect 1,478 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 4 minutes ago, RAMROD said: Would've been great for Joanne than Florence, which I always feel kinda out of place. leave my (hey) girl alone! 6 1 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaisHotAF 494 Posted September 2 Author Share Posted September 2 7 minutes ago, RAMROD said: Would've been great for Joanne than Florence, which I always feel kinda out of place. yess! imagine gaga and dolly cowriting a song together? in a way dolly is the gaga of country music. got everyone’s attention with her outrageous image, went into acting, and became respected and beloved. honestly gaga should open an amusement park called “GagaLand” Probably on Grindr 5 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Red 99,629 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 Honey, in 2011 half of the world population wanted to make a song with Gaga If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating. 5 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,338 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 (edited) 42 minutes ago, RAMROD said: Would've been great for Joanne than Florence, which I always feel kinda out of place. Florence makes a lot of sense when you think of how *she* saw the album which was more alt and rock influenced, but had she sat with the record longer and let it become a little more camp and Gaga though in this folksy, americana, country sound, Dolly would have been an incredible fit both for her songwriting and performance quality. What I love about Dolly was that she never wanted to collab for relevance, but just for the love of making music with people who she felt she could vibe with. She nearly collabed with Björk of all people, too, in the 2000s (which I think would have been seemingly left field but sensational tbh since they're actually fairly similar in many ways and where they differ is pretty complimentary). Edited September 2 by Ziggy 3 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Horny Chicken 11,209 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 (edited) I wish Gaga had made the type of Country music Dolly/ Shania made. Edited September 2 by Horny Chicken 4 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AVeryGagaHolyDick 32,436 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 1 hour ago, Horny Chicken said: I wish Gaga had made the type of Country music Dolly/ Shania made. Well, I have good news: Gaga’s not dead yet! 3 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
IllusionLover 7,889 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 Joanne, joanne, joanne, I'm begging you please don't take my man 13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes 7 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hydrangea 8,344 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 She should've featured on diamond fart Looking down at my $t loser misery Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Emvee 8,870 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 I’m on a Dolly binge right now. She was actually an awesome person. Wish that collab would have happened so I could have been exposed to Dolly sooner Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,161 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 2 hours ago, MadArchitect said: leave my (hey) girl alone! I didn't hate the song or the girlie, just thought it could be better, you know? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NashvilleGAGA 856 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 I saw another clip where she specifically talked about it in the Joanne era. Wanting to work with her on her “country album”. I wish we could have seen it happen. God bless both of them, two of the best to ever do it. 4 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vengaboy 1,422 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 I mean Joanne wasn’t really a country album was it. Did she ever label it as that herself or was it just the GP? Gaga always likes to do the unexpected and what would’ve been more expected than putting Dolly on a so called ”country album”? Having said that, I would’ve LOVED for them to have done a song together 😭 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Horny Chicken 11,209 Posted September 2 Share Posted September 2 (edited) 23 minutes ago, Vengaboy said: I mean Joanne wasn’t really a country album was it. Did she ever label it as that herself or was it just the GP? Gaga always likes to do the unexpected and what would’ve been more expected than putting Dolly on a so called ”country album”? Having said that, I would’ve LOVED for them to have done a song together 😭 Joanne is actually more pop than country when you take a close look at it, but since all/ nearly all the main tracks are country that’s what this album will be known for. Edited September 2 by Horny Chicken Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.