River 129,345 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 oh I hate this song, idk why, I just dislike it, I think it's the voice, it feels like someone is bitching and whining about whatever So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,394 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 Just now, River said: bitching and whining Right up your alley We have forgotten our public MANNERS 6 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
River 129,345 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said: Right up your alley you're so predictable, I didn't even need to click on the notification, all I had to do is refresh and viola, here you are So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,394 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 1 minute ago, River said: predictable Oh great, she thinks she’s the Oracle at Delphi now We have forgotten our public MANNERS 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
River 129,345 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said: Oh great, she thinks she’s the Oracle at Delphi now no sis I'm the Oracle of Zion, don't be antisemitic, baruch ani adonai bitch So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
timdrake 2,944 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 omg was just driving from visiting my mom in the hospital, and HBDUWM was the last song on my car radio, now I'm in the house and this is the first thread I see. HBDUWM is going to be stuck in my head all day haha (which is fine cuz I love it ) 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
zevapaparazzo 2,659 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 bro's never had an original thought in his life the continent of europe is so wide, dumb bitсh 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Apec 448 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 (edited) 12 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Eh, I grew up listening to 80s synthpop and Yaz specifically and, aside from a similar arpeggiated synth, I think HBDUWM pretty clearly has more in common compositionally with Swift + 2010s synthpop revival than it does with 80s synth pop like Yaz or Eurythmics. Sorry to derail but 80's synthpop = My first love after Classical music. This was my early-mid teens soundtrack. Eurythmics had this 3-CD (?) Best Of album that I kept playing until I nearly destroyed my Walkman lol. I was a 90's kid but MTV (when they still broadcast MV's) and a local Music TV Station had these 80's nights which HOOKED ME. Yazoo (Don’t Go used to be on repeat, I might be a walking cliché, but loved the duo and Alison Moyet's voice = divine), Eurythmics, Prince (Yes he's rock and synths and...everything almost so why can't he be on this list?), Frankie Goes To Hollywood (Especially Two Tribes and Relax, of course, I wish I had the iconic T-shirt ), Kate Bush (!!!), The Human League (Don’t judge me, "Don’t You Want Me" is a classic), Depeche Mode, and so many more, let alone fusion idk you can call everything I loved "80's Synthpop/New Wave" exactly - Even The Police adopted imho with great success synths in the early 80's and what about fantastic pioneers like Bronski Beat with "Smalltown Boy"... I know Mike Oldfield's Moonlight Shadow for example is seen as soft-ish rock but the synths are undeniably there - buried, but there. Man, it must've been a kick to live during '83-'84 music-wise, WHAT A (double) YEAR. Eurythmics... I love every 80's Synthpop angle they explored together, when they went straight-up abstract to mixing it with Soul and/or R&B. Might be another cliché take but my favorite (Well, if I was forced to name one, which I was not) remains "Here Comes The Rain Again", but everything from "Would I Lie To You?", "It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back)" - those vocal growls at the end give me goosebumps, "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", "You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart", "Love is a Stranger" (thanks Dave Stuart for the constant, varied, grunts throughout the entire track ), "Beethoven (I Love to Listen To)", "Thorn In My Side", "Missionary Man", "Who's That Girl?" etc. etc. I played over and over and over for months until I got severe tinnitus and then endless-seeming vertigo (lay in bed for a month because of that one, at 14!) but it happened to be Atypical Ménière's disease that was in the family that I didn't know about. Thanks dad lol! No problems though, I got meds (and could go on playing Eurythmics and all the rest no problem) and it's not progressive like most people suffering from the regular kind, I really feel for them. Music-wise I thought I was "doomed" to Classical and 80's (What a punishment, eh? ) because nothing new ever excited me in any way. Then at 17, Lady Gaga arrived with Just Dance and the rest is history. Sorry, I never get to talk about my absolute love for 80's Synthpop, New Wave and/or Eurythmics! What I love is that Gaga put Synths/Electronic music & its philosophy back in the foreground - in her particular way - with her work, paving the way for the era of Bubblegum Pop and downright uninspired instrumentals/very little experimentation in sound/lyrics for nearly everything pop to dissipate. I do agree most synthpop post-2010/2012-ish that I've heard sounds a lot different than 80's, but still I wonder what made the HBDUWM Requiem version feel a bit more like the latter in my ears (this might be all in my head), or maybe my brain's a sieve rn (which it might be). Anyway I am dying to know your favorite Yazoo and Eurythmics songs, if that's even possible. Anyhow, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. /end of fangirling, derailment, and finally answering a bit of the Post-2010's vs. 80's Synthpop question, at least according to a Gaga Stan and huge 80's synthpop fan Edited August 16 by Apec 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cherry Blues 627 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 10 hours ago, shape of a rvfzme said: Oh, I know that song. I personally grew up on Eurodance version of this song and it's a shame it sounds cheesier than original I loved that song so much in 2002. Lovers kiss in a garden made of thorns, traces of lonely words... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
dynamite 67,730 Posted August 16 Author Share Posted August 16 1 hour ago, zevthepaparazzo said: bro's never had an original thought in his life Like a poem said by a neydy in red Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cherry Blues 627 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 12 hours ago, dynamite said: I was watching Ann Droid and when this started playing I thought it sounded like How Bad Does anyone else hear it? This lady has something others don't have, uniqueness. I love this song from her and also this cover song from the german girlgroup No Angels Lovers kiss in a garden made of thorns, traces of lonely words... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joshie S 6,610 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 18 hours ago, shape of a rvfzme said: I know style is different, but it's similar to "Don't Call Tonight," maybe with similar chords. I think it has some similarities. What in the Government Hooker sample is this The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥ Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.