Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
movie

Marvel Studios “X-Men” (May 5th 2028)


gagzus
 Share

Featured Posts

River
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

91-B1-F97-C-5167-4-F3-D-8726-648-BA022-A

Marvel Studios “X-Men”

Release Date: May 5th 2028

Cast (so far)

  Hide contents

Sadie Sink as Jean Grey

Kit Connor as Cyclops

Maya Boyd as Storm

Inde Navarrette as Rogue

Samara Weaving as Emma Frost

Christopher Abbot as Charles Xavier

Adam Driver as Mr. Sinister

 

Storm + T'Challa's wedding then divorce confirmed then. they are the same age lol

I kind of like that Emma, Charles, Xavier and possibly Magneto are the adults here.

I just hope that they will bring some new mutants, Cypher, Boom-Boom, Sage, Beak, Glob, even No-Girl/Martha.. and a fresh restart to the New Mutant, and especially Polaris.

I also hope that somehow they would connect Magneto to Wanda and Polaris, they are still a family somewhat.

 

So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ryansamonster

I was hyped to see Storm in a Black Panther film first, but it could’ve been a rumor I read. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziggy
5 hours ago, gagzus said:

JLaw absolutely ruined all perception of Mystique

well no i think the writers and producers who wrote the role did that :huntyga:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

well no i think the writers and producers who wrote the role did that :huntyga:

To be fair it’s pretty well known JLaw got a LOT of say in what Mystique ended up as. She was the one who pushed for less makeup and more time not blue, she also pushed for Mystique to become an X-Men again after DOFP. And her star power is why they basically made her the “leader” and sidelined the actual leaders (Cyclops and Storm). 

To be honest, FoXMen and The Dark Knight did irreparable damage to the superhero genre. Comics in general became more serious and grounded after the 2000s/2010s BECAUSE of the movies which I hated. Thankfully they’re starting to become fun and wacky again now. 

It’s like how people forget the Avengers were a C list team at best that had barely any decent comics before the MCU introduced them. Their best comic runs (Time Runs Out, Secret Wars (redo) and AvX) all were made after the MCU Avengers were established and their comics became more like the movies.

Edited by gagzus
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus

According to Jake talking to Good Morning America at D23. The movies are going to be inspired by Claremont and Hickman’s runs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD
31 minutes ago, gagzus said:

According to Jake talking to Good Morning America at D23. The movies are going to be inspired by Claremont and Hickman’s runs.

 


Bless it's not another one leading to Phoenix saga. Yes that is a good and popular story. But we are so bored, just the same way like how many times do we have to see uncle ben or Batman parents dies?? :ororomunroe:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziggy
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

To be fair it’s pretty well known JLaw got a LOT of say in what Mystique ended up as. She was the one who pushed for less makeup and more time not blue, she also pushed for Mystique to become an X-Men again after DOFP. And her star power is why they basically made her the “leader” and sidelined the actual leaders (Cyclops and Storm). 

To be honest, FoXMen and The Dark Knight did irreparable damage to the superhero genre. Comics in general became more serious and grounded after the 2000s/2010s BECAUSE of the movies which I hated. Thankfully they’re starting to become fun and wacky again now. 

It’s like how people forget the Avengers were a C list team at best that had barely any decent comics before the MCU introduced them. Their best comic runs (Time Runs Out, Secret Wars (redo) and AvX) all were made after the MCU Avengers were established and their comics became more like the movies.

I see what you mean but tbh I don't blame TDK for being a fantastic movie. I blame studios for learning bad lessons from it. Like with Batman, he has such a long history of different interpretations, i think having one like that is fun and different! It is *not* the route for other comics, though, and that was absolutely a fatal decision by the studio. But I'll never blame someone actually exhibiting creative ideas for the faults of people who aren't.

Honestly, Geoff Johns did more irreparable damage to comics than Christopher Nolan ever could have imo :ladyhaha: It wasn't just chasing darkness and grittiness, it was a certain transformers-esque boyishness that was awful. like how do you come off the wonder woman solo series that was amazing only to write her flat and crappily in the justice league titles? bizarre.

Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus
57 minutes ago, RAMROD said:


Bless it's not another one leading to Phoenix saga. Yes that is a good and popular story. But we are so bored, just the same way like how many times do we have to see uncle ben or Batman parents dies?? :ororomunroe:

I think we’ll still get it because they will probably take a few years to set it up. Because Sinister happens before and after Phoenix. He gets Jean’s DNA before to make Madelyne after she dies.

But since they’re going for his name Nathaniel Milbury, he used that name in the comics when he was an evil headmaster for an orphanage that Scott Summers was in. So I suspect he’ll kidnap Jean and Scott for their DNA in this movie.

Alternatively maybe Sadie’s Jean is already Madelyne and we don’t know yet and she is from the orphanage after her sister was kidnapped. 

Emma is also in the movie so the Hellfire Club exists, which means they will want The Phoenix Force at some point.  My guess is they’ll make her into Phoenix in about 5 or so years and then she’ll be her for 5 years before they make her the villain of the saga with the Hellfire Club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus
Just now, Ziggy said:

I see what you mean but tbh I don't blame TDK for being a fantastic movie. I blame studios for learning bad lessons from it. Like with Batman, he has such a long history of different interpretations, i think having one like that is fun and different! It is *not* the route for other comics, though, and that was absolutely a fatal decision by the studio. But I'll never blame someone actually exhibiting creative ideas for the faults of people who aren't.

Honestly, Geoff Johns did more irreparable damage to comics than Christopher Nolan ever could have imo :ladyhaha: It wasn't just chasing darkness and grittiness, it was a certain transformers-esque boyishness that was awful. like how do you come off the wonder woman solo series that was amazing only to write her flat and crappily in the justice league titles? bizarre.

I mean TDK ruined what fans think Batman is when really it was just a Nolan action film in a Batman packaging. Plus the FoXMen are the reason the comics in the 2000s moved away from cosmic events, villains and other weirdly camp things. I mean the Ultimate universe was created specifically because of the Fox movies and then Morrison’s entire cosmetic appearance of the team was based on the Fox and the Ultimate run.
 

And it didnt just affect X-Men because Raimi’s Spider-Man — whilst a good early film for superhero’s in general, Tobey was an awful Spider-Man. Tom Holland is the best version of the character and the closest to the comics now. 

So I’m excited to see what comes of the movies and comics, because the X-Men are about to become the biggest team again, and thankfully without Wolverine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziggy
4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I mean TDK ruined what fans think Batman is when really it was just a Nolan action film in a Batman packaging. Plus the FoXMen are the reason the comics in the 2000s moved away from cosmic events, villains and other weirdly camp things. I mean the Ultimate universe was created specifically because of the Fox movies and then Morrison’s entire cosmetic appearance of the team was based on the Fox and the Ultimate run.
 

And it didnt just affect X-Men because Raimi’s Spider-Man — whilst a good early film for superhero’s in general, Tobey was an awful Spider-Man. Tom Holland is the best version of the character and the closest to the comics now. 

So I’m excited to see what comes of the movies and comics, because the X-Men are about to become the biggest team again, and thankfully without Wolverine.

I agree with all these things, I guess i just dont look at them as ruining anything since they're part of the longer legacy of them. If people took what they did from them then that's on them for making themselves have a worse experience with art lol

i also think, though, comics dont always need to be high camp. I like the plurality. And oftentimes as time goes on, these things get folded into that legacy and things shake out.

I'm curious about this new X-Men roster. I like Sadie Sink, only Inde is bad casting imo but that's because I think she's not that great an actress anyway and it feels like a very very flailing attempt to get "The Gen Z Audience" to attend a Marvel movie. I also am SO skeptical of their ability to write this younger team since Marvel has a very bad track record for young people so far. But maybe it'll be great! I personally think Marvel doesn't make good movies, barely ever has, and things made out of desperation are seldom good, but maybe they're turning over a new leaf. I liked Brand New Day decently and thought it did a great job introducing some of the X-Men's themes through Jean's inclusion and the movie handled its pathos well with Tom as a solid grounding force for it. So who knows!

Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus
4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I agree with all these things, I guess i just dont look at them as ruining anything since they're part of the longer legacy of them. If people took what they did from them then that's on them for making themselves have a worse experience with art lol

i also think, though, comics dont always need to be high camp. I like the plurality. And oftentimes as time goes on, these things get folded into that legacy and things shake out.

I'm curious about this new X-Men roster. I like Sadie Sink, only Inde is bad casting imo but that's because I think she's not that great an actress anyway and it feels like a very very flailing attempt to get "The Gen Z Audience" to attend a Marvel movie. I also am SO skeptical of their ability to write this younger team since Marvel has a very bad track record for young people so far. But maybe it'll be great! I personally think Marvel doesn't make good movies, barely ever has, and things made out of desperation are seldom good, but maybe they're turning over a new leaf. I liked Brand New Day decently and thought it did a great job introducing some of the X-Men's themes through Jean's inclusion and the movie handled its pathos well with Tom as a solid grounding force for it. So who knows!

I think it depends on where their influences directly come from. I mean Sadie outrightly resembles Jean in X-Men Blue during BND. 

I’m excited to see the direction they’re going, and especially since my favourite superhero (Jean) is FINALLY a leading lady!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Killa

This cast might look ok on paper but they all seem tò lacks that extra Energy. Lets Hope acting and make up makes for it

Link to post
Share on other sites

IllusionLover

I'm rooting for a gay iceman

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
Link to post
Share on other sites

gagzus
25 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

I'm rooting for a gay iceman

I’m sure the rumour is it’s the guy from Obsession who’s probably playing him

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...