Apec 452 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 (edited) That's difficult... I can't think of Just Dance as a more perfect intro to Gaga, I mean the first we ever see of her is her feet/heels hanging out of the car window when the car pulls up the driveway before she makes her entrance to the party. Anyway, I'd switch G.U.Y. for a trippy Venus video. Perfect Illusion for Diamond Heart (Maybe???) and Million Reasons for Angel Down or even Sinner's Prayer, taking on the challenge of showing the family dynamics of the song (ofc not 1-1) in a creative, unexpected way. Stupid Love (I did love how obviously she was into it!) and *ducks* ROM - don't get me wrong, I find the idea of those falling raindrops turning into knives making Gaga have a knife casually sticking out of her hip area for almost her entire dance sequence and acting like that's just normal to be super strong. Because that's what chronic pain is, I've never visualized anything for my constant, "dull" neuropathic pain but it's a red hot and/or freezing cold giant icepick when the stabbing, searing pain intensifies. As well as the the way-too-short Goddess shots with the overlay displaying "Flood Warning" + Her second appearance where you see she's bound to some kind of alien equipment OR they are a part of her/symbiotic (trauma/pain are both still deeply rooted in her as well as parasitic regarding who she was back then, maybe?) was great, I just wished they focused on this character/facet of Gaga more as it's conceptually really interesting that the Gaga we see for 90% of the video is more of an unconscious projection, not the ACTUAL subject...fits more with the song's theme imho... I just wanted many more of those moments! Being a collab with a (sorry, as far as I know, safe gal) where Gaga couldn't do whatever she wanted hurt it in a big way. Though commercially not the best picks, maybe I'd trade them for an abstract psychological examination in Replay and I so want to see what's in her mind's eye regarding Enigma. I agree Fun Tonight must have the most sarcastic beat drop in all of the genre but associate so many of her lyrics here with feelings I've had thrust upon me years ago through a rapid medication withdrawal and wouldn't want her to go near them again for her own sake. I could dissect the lyrics and add my two cents but that might be truly triggering people. Suffice it to say that I see her doing everything in her power to hide that it's about complete, almost preferred alienation after coming out of a form of dissociation/numbness and especially about passive sui***** ideation. What I felt was incredibly traumatic, these lines resonate and fit so deeply even if I'm completely wrong. Most don't seem to attach this particular meaning to it, but to me it was eerily reminiscent in tone, (compulsive) thoughts, and framing. Maybe I'm completely wrong and don't forget I said "Passive", which is a whole other ball game than the other type. I think excision of these feelings into one song and obscuring them was enough. Luckily she did it in such a way most don't look at it like that, which was her clear intent. Or I'm just saying nonsense. Either way, Replay or Enigma done more artistically/faithful to her other standards, trading those with SL and maybe openly exploring some of the embryonic nuggets nestled in ROM would've been super interesting. Edited August 13 by Apec 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TAIPEI 3,399 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 (edited) THE FAME lovegame for money honey or boys boys boys THE FAME MONSTER telephone for monster or dance in the dark BORN THIS WAY marry the night for bloody mary ARTPOP do what u want for venus (anyway do what u want's music video just dead in water. even though venus was included in G.U.Y.'s mv its just not enough for me. i want a standalone venus music video and it deserves.) JOANNE perfect illusion for angel down CHROMATICA stupid love for alice MAYHEM die w the smile for garden of eden Edited August 13 by TAIPEI 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omegahedron 387 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 The Fame: Beautiful Dirty Rich mv for The Fame The Fame Monster: Alejandro mv for Dance in the Dark Born This Way: You and I mv for Scheisse ARTPOP: G.U.Y. mv for a proper Venus mv Joanne: Million Reasons mv for Diamond Heart Chromatica: Stupid Love mv for Alice Mayhem: Die with a Smile mv for Vanish into You Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Killa 18,944 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 Well easy g.u.y for Venus vampire thingy Perfect illusion for diamond Heart Alejandro for Monster?? Don't love alejandros movie that much Tdd for vanish ... Would be good for a low concept introspettive video. But even Blade of grass Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Killa 18,944 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 1 hour ago, TAIPEI said: THE FAME lovegame for money honey or boys boys boys THE FAME MONSTER telephone for monster or dance in the dark BORN THIS WAY marry the night for bloody mary ARTPOP do what u want for venus (anyway do what u want's music video just dead in water. even though venus was included in G.U.Y.'s mv its just not enough for me. i want a standalone venus music video and it deserves.) JOANNE perfect illusion for angel down CHROMATICA stupid love for alice MAYHEM die w the smile for garden of eden The colour palette alone Is enough for me tò want Venus video. Hope She uses It again. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ManMan 4,165 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 Eh Eh for Starstruck Telephone(I have to choose 😭) for Dance In The Dark The Edge of Glory for Bloody Mary/Heavy Metal Lover Do What U Want for Venus/Aura Million Rizzions/Joanne for Dancin' The Dark Stupid Love to Alice Die With A Smile to Shadow of A Man Runway to Perfect Celebrity/ Garden of Eden The Dead Dance to Zombieboy I shine more in the dark. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
princedeeblebleble 3,951 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 The fame got it all right The fame monster I'd add Dance in the dark Born this way.. honestly The edge of glory for Scheiße or Heavy metal lover ARTPOP I'd add Aura (with demo vocals) Joanne, Million reasons for Just another day or Dancing in circles Chromatica - Stupid love for Replay or Babylon.. or demo version of Free woman (you're welcome @Blackout19) Mayhem.. idk Dead dance for Perfect celebrity. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NewEnglandWitch 263 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 7 hours ago, Controversiaga said: For each album you must trade a music video for a song on that album that did not get a music video. the fame: honestly I’d trade just dance’s MV for a The Fame music video. TFM: telephone for dance in the dark BTW: edge of glory for schiesse ARTPOP: applause for sexxx dreams Joanne: honestly I’d trade perfect illusion, million reasons, AND Joanne piano version for a diamond heart video. Chromatica: stupid love for replay mayhem: id trade BOTH the dead dance and DWAS for a KILLAH music video. No notes, I accept and agree with every single answer here. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NewEnglandWitch 263 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 It’s not the assignment but I would live for a Chromatica visual album or short film a la Tropico. The whole album feels incomplete to me, and I think this is why. The visuals are incredible, and I really feel like this was part of the plan before COVID did that. It makes Alice, the Interludes, and Sine work more fully for me. 911 will probably be my favorite Gaga video for a hot minute Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Prigari 1,054 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 Eh Eh for Summerboy Don’t touch to TFM the Edge of Glory for Scheibe Applause for Aura Million Reasons for Diamond Heart Stupid Love for Replay The Dead Dance for Garden of Eden Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cherry Blues 630 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 Problem is that i love all singles, i could not sacrifice any. Perfect Illusion is not that as strong lyrical-wise. Angel Down could have been a single. Lovers kiss in a garden made of thorns, traces of lonely words... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackout19 16,384 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 The Fame: Starstruck The Fame Monster: Monster Born This Way: Heavy Metal Lover ARTPOP: Sexxx Dreams Joanne: Hey Girl Chromatica: Free Woman Mayhem: Zombieboy i am a free woman. ○● Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cherry Blues 630 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 2 hours ago, NewEnglandWitch said: It’s not the assignment but I would live for a Chromatica visual album or short film a la Tropico. The whole album feels incomplete to me, and I think this is why. The visuals are incredible, and I really feel like this was part of the plan before COVID did that. It makes Alice, the Interludes, and Sine work more fully for me. 911 will probably be my favorite Gaga video for a hot minute I'm not sure if it has to do with COVID. She has also released only a few singles with ARTPOP, Joanne and Mayhem too. I believe that Lady Gaga and her team, the main focus after the album release is often on the tours. For example, Dua Lipa has realized many singles and videos despite COVID - I think Lady Gaga is following a different strategy. Lovers kiss in a garden made of thorns, traces of lonely words... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Future Lovers 7,883 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 Eh Eh for Boys Boys Boys Telephone for Dance in the Dark You and I for Government Hooker GUY for Venus Million Reasons for Angel Down Rain on Me for Enigma Disease (this one’s hard but I only have two choices) for Perfect Celebrity Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
shape of a rvfzme 2,044 Posted August 13 Share Posted August 13 The Fame: LoveGame for Summerboy The Fame Monster: Telephone for Monster Born This Way: You And I for Heavy Metal Lover ARTPOP: Applause for Aura (not as lyrics, but whole mv without Machete Kills) Joanne: Million Reasons for Just Another Day Chromatica: Rain On Me for Replay or Enigma MAYHEM: DWAS for Garden Of Eden or LoveDrug Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.