Cherry Blues 627 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 (edited) She has only good records. Every album serves good pop music. However, for me, ARTPOP is the album where i expected more. Visually, it has linked art and pop in some interesting ways (but she has also done that before and that often better for example with Bad Romance, Judas, Poker Face and Marry the Night) and she has sound-technically linked art and pop with Bad Romance, Heavy Metal Lover or Government Hooker even more intense than on ARTPOP. ARTPOP hadn't big melodic anthems like Bad Romance or Alejandro...but it's okay the title was ARTPOP, so i thought it will be super experimental and innovative - super experiments i no longer demand from her, because abstract music can also be annoying, as with Charlie XCX. The strangest song is Venus, even if I'm not a lover of Venus i admit it is ARTPOP-coded. GUY is my favourite Song from that record for certain reasons. Love how it connects dance and rnb. Sweet Dreams is very atmospheric, even if I would have liked a different metaphor for the lyrics at some points. Applause with it's synth intro was overall weaker than Poker Face or Just Dance which also started with a intense synth in their intros. The subject about Donatella was fun and a tongue-in-cheek remark. Dope is strange, but it fits as a ballad on ARTPOP, sounds like a strange squeak in the attic, interesting, i honestly mean that it is so strangely that it is ARTPOP for me. Fashion! is a find and classy song. All in all, it's a good dance-pop record, but I was expecting more and I can connect even more with the other albums. ARTPOP has already received his late flowers anyway. Edited August 10 by Cherry Blues Lovers kiss in a garden made of thorns, traces of lonely words... 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
imogen2133 725 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 Joanne easily, Chromatica and Mayhem I feel more "meh" about and I can recognize good qualities but Joanne is the only album I actively dislike. It is just so bland and has such repetitive lyrics throughout. It was really the first Gaga album where I felt turned off by her and was not really sure where she was going with the whole Joanne direction at the time. It is the only album I don't physically own, the one I listen to the least and the one that contains some of my least favorite songs from her whole career (especially in regards to vocals). Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,394 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 Shocks me that, even with “three jobs,” you still find time to post the same threads over and over again We have forgotten our public MANNERS 11 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GAGASEXUAL 4,024 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 Joanne is the only right answer 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GAGASEXUAL 4,024 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 Chromatica is a masterpiece and you think it's bad just because it didn't get promoted during the covid. 2 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DESTROY UR DISEASE 21,403 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 24 minutes ago, Blackout19 said: ARTPOP and now you're blocked I can smell your sickness I can... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,393 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 Ngl I voted ARTPOP because I don't think I've ever listened to it as a complete album since release day in 2014. Its my only Gaga album with tracks deleted from my music library as well. The gays know how to party 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HotLikeMexico 6,765 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 1 hour ago, NemoMyName said: In general, pink albums But this is about Gaga, not P!nk. 4 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HotLikeMexico 6,765 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 29 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Shocks me that, even with “three jobs,” you still find time to post the same threads over and over again 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,394 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 1 minute ago, HotLikeMexico said: But this is about Gaga, not P!nk. OT: LOVE P!nk! We have forgotten our public MANNERS 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HotLikeMexico 6,765 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: OT: LOVE P!nk! 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Controversiaga 17,342 Posted August 10 Author Share Posted August 10 37 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Shocks me that, even with “three jobs,” you still find time to post the same threads over and over again Copy and paste takes 3 seconds Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga” Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Controversiaga 17,342 Posted August 10 Author Share Posted August 10 38 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Shocks me that, even with “three jobs,” you still find time to post the same threads over and over again Also I don’t see your vote… Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga” Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lucas 31,686 Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 ARTPOP, worst album I've ever heard. 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted August 10 Share Posted August 10 (edited) i don't like ARTPOP, Joanna, Chromatica, Mayhem I love The Fame and The Fame Monster I like Born This Way To be honest her album keep getting worse with each release after Born This Way, except Mayhem which was an improvement over Chromatica and Joanne Her first three albums had that Lady Gaga signature sound that she kinda lost after stopping working with certain producers Edited August 10 by fashii0n Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.