NewEnglandWitch 257 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 11 hours ago, timdrake said: I mean Troye Sivan, Adam Lambert, and Ricky Martin are thriving, so I wouldn't say "never" I don’t know that I would agree that Adam Lambert or Ricky Martin are exactly “thriving”. Troye, sure, but Adam and Ricky are definitely beyond peak thriving eras 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,257 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 13 minutes ago, NewEnglandWitch said: I don’t know that I would agree that Adam Lambert or Ricky Martin are exactly “thriving”. Troye, sure, but Adam and Ricky are definitely beyond peak thriving eras Adam doesn't thrive as a solo artist, but his touring with queen and his broadway run in Cabaret were incredibly successful The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
timdrake 2,860 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 37 minutes ago, NewEnglandWitch said: I don’t know that I would agree that Adam Lambert or Ricky Martin are exactly “thriving”. Troye, sure, but Adam and Ricky are definitely beyond peak thriving eras I have to disagree when it comes to whether or not they're thriving, Adam is the third richest American Idol contestant of all time, sells out shows with Queen, and is in a place where he can release his solo albums independently. I think that's a major success. And Ricky is as huge of a megastar as he always was, and a household name. Their version of success may be different than the metric your'e using. Sure, those two may not be having their peak ingenue moments right now, but it certainly refutes the "this is why we never have gay male pop stars" comment. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Decodekid 31,091 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 12 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Ngl lowkey a kii that you think clocking him for lipsyncing is homophobic when you were engaging in legitimate antisemitism like less than an hour ago lmao hi 4 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Addison Rae 18,274 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 the real queen of pop sitting on his lap sipping diet pepsi Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SavetheEarthNow 306 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 13 hours ago, LGAte said: I really hate how homophobic gays are to other gays in pop music. This is why we never have big gay male pop stars. he is just having fun and making music with a positive message. He looks great, healthy, and happy and that’s his bag. Frankie Grande is no male popstar. Stream Adam Lambert's new album! 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SavetheEarthNow 306 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 1 hour ago, Bronco said: Adam doesn't thrive as a solo artist, but his touring with queen and his broadway run in Cabaret were incredibly successful Adam absolutely has "thrived" as you put it as an artist. People should stop equating how many Spotify streams someone has to if they're "thriving" or are relevant. And Ricky Martin is a huge musical icon around the world. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,257 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 8 minutes ago, SavetheEarthNow said: Adam absolutely has "thrived" as you put it as an artist. People should stop equating how many Spotify streams someone has to if they're "thriving" or are relevant. And Ricky Martin is a huge musical icon around the world. Doesn't require spotify streams. He hit #98 on the UK album charts. That kind of proves the point that we're not supporting Gay male pop acts. The gays know how to party Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
timdrake 2,860 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 (edited) 31 minutes ago, SavetheEarthNow said: Adam absolutely has "thrived" as you put it as an artist. People should stop equating how many Spotify streams someone has to if they're "thriving" or are relevant. And Ricky Martin is a huge musical icon around the world. Thank you! I don’t wanna put words in peoples mouths, but sometimes it seems like if someone doesn’t have a “main pop girl” type of career, folks don’t see them as a success and no shade but Frankie Grande isn’t going to become that from lip syncing at Market Days at 43, and I don’t think femme-phobia is the reason why I’m all for gay male pop stars emerging in today’s mainstream, but there has to be a level of quality in order for that to happen Edited August 9 by timdrake Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
27monster27 16,193 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 13 hours ago, LGAte said: I really hate how homophobic gays are to other gays in pop music. This is why we never have big gay male pop stars. he is just having fun and making music with a positive message. He looks great, healthy, and happy and that’s his bag. Be careful. People might try to gaslight you and use "well being gay doesn't mean I have to like them" as an excuse to bully more effeminate LGBTQ+ people. he/him/his 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,384 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 23 minutes ago, 27monster27 said: Be careful. People might try to gaslight you and use "well being gay doesn't mean I have to like them" as an excuse to bully more effeminate LGBTQ+ people. Who are y’all shadowboxing, tho? Literally no one is shitting on Frankie for being effeminate in this thread lol We have forgotten our public MANNERS 2 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,339 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 (edited) 14 hours ago, timdrake said: I mean Troye Sivan, Adam Lambert, and Ricky Martin are thriving, so I wouldn't say "never" Well Troye had to reveal he tops, Adam Lambert has never gotten *that much recognition and Ricky Martin is basically silk hole jokes atp. Thriving is a generous word for it. I get to other contexts they may have different fame, but among gay guys it’s basically this lmfao Edited August 9 by Ziggy 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,339 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 What does Ariana singing have to do with Frankie…?… Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,339 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 13 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Ngl lowkey a kii that you think clocking him for lipsyncing is homophobic when you were engaging in legitimate antisemitism like less than an hour ago lmao Oh Ms Ladle never forgets 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,257 Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 1 minute ago, Ziggy said: What does Ariana singing have to do with Frankie…?… Especially as she does lipsync on occasion like everyone lol The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.