Cavadour 2,753 Posted September 26, 2025 Share Posted September 26, 2025 2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said: “No one is above the law” Yeah. We got it. No one but that eyesore in the White House. Who's beyond any law known to man. Of course. Late to the party but I got a diamond heart Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AsleepOnTheCeiling 7,049 Posted September 26, 2025 Share Posted September 26, 2025 The James Comey that announced 11 days before the 2016 election that he was reopening the investigation into Hillary's email scandal? An announcement that very likely hurt Clinton's chances of winning, and can be attributed to the political climate today? The political climate he's now hurting from? I hate to see it. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comey-announced-reopening-clinton-email-probe-days-election/story?id=54470601 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SpadesToStart 3,853 Posted September 26, 2025 Share Posted September 26, 2025 3 hours ago, ****oDanceFight said: This feels like a flex of power and ultimately a nothingburger? I can't imagine any federal judge or jury wants to be on the wrong side of history. I don't want to downplay the severity of this, but a lot of Trump's "wins" have either been struck down or reversed by federal courts. Again, I don't want to downplay the severity of the political moment, and maybe I am being a dumb, naive American, but this feels like grasping at straws. He can't (yet) act unilaterally to jail his opponents, so this feels like his usual brand of pageantry. That’s why we don’t give in to fear and we don’t comply in advance. (And when companies like Disney did with Kimmel, we boycott and hold their feet to the fire) The Trump administration is a house of cards that pretends to have the power of an actual authoritarian regime. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
berlinforme 5,391 Posted September 26, 2025 Share Posted September 26, 2025 9 hours ago, lastpopicon said: Historians will have a handful in a few years, explaining how fascism took hold of America. Country that has been beginning school with pledge of allegiance for decades might be on path to fascism? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
lastpopicon 37,532 Posted September 26, 2025 Share Posted September 26, 2025 12 hours ago, berlinforme said: Country that has been beginning school with pledge of allegiance for decades might be on path to fascism? Can't really refute that I guess American exceptionalism was bound to create movements like MAGA. The melody that you choose can rescue you Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.