opinion

IDGAF about charts or commercial performance

Bambino

Featured Posts

Future Lovers
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I think the biggest criticism is chart manipulation and chart inflation. Our fan base isnt asking Gaga to release 2927911 variants so were not hypocrites

That is a bit different than caring about their singers charts. Almost all pop fan bases care about charts to one degree or another

It's really not different lmao

It all stems from the same obsession of having your like for an artist legitimized by a chart placement. The dragging they do of other artists and their variants or remixes or anything else doesn't come from a belief that it's wrong, but rather anger that that artist is succeeding and their favorite one isn't to that degree.

You can say all you want that no one's asking her to do variants or whatnot but I promise you if she was, there'd be people defending it and bending their previous stance to justify it solely because they want the song to chart high. It's always okay if Gaga does it because that means the Monsters get to gloat about the charts, but it's bad when others do it because then those fans get to gloat about the charts. 

Success stanning is success stanning, no matter how you slice it. There is no reason for 30 pages of meltdowns over a song's Spotify update, and yet this whole weekend all anyone has said about the track is that they want her to make it smash. 

You're right, all pop fan bases care about the charts. And it's juvenile. It's stupid. It's the absolute lowest common denominator brain dead way to engage in music. Who gives a **** if a song charts well or not? Listen to it. If you like it, then that's it. Period. I'm beyond tired of people only liking something just as long as it's successful. This stan brain rot **** has got to stop. 

• Like 1

bionic
1 minute ago, Future Lovers said:

It all stems from the same obsession of having your like for an artist legitimized by a chart placement. The dragging they do of other artists and their variants or remixes or anything else doesn't come from a belief that it's wrong, but rather anger that that artist is succeeding and their favorite one isn't to that degree.

You can say all you want that no one's asking her to do variants or whatnot but I promise you if she was, there'd be people defending it and bending their previous stance to justify it solely because they want the song to chart high. It's always okay if Gaga does it because that means the Monsters get to gloat about the charts, but it's bad when others do it because then those fans get to gloat about the charts. 

Success stanning is success stanning, no matter how you slice it. There is no reason for 30 pages of meltdowns over a song's Spotify update, and yet this whole weekend all anyone has said about the track is that they want her to make it smash. 

You're right, all pop fan bases care about the charts. And it's juvenile. It's stupid. It's the absolute lowest common denominator brain dead way to engage in music. Who gives a **** if a song charts well or not? Listen to it. If you like it, then that's it. Period. I'm beyond tired of people only liking something just as long as it's successful. This stan brain rot **** has got to stop. 

literally you will find these same people saying "Gaga makes music for the art not the charts" after posting 5000 threads about how to boost Disease's streaming figures and 'save the era'

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 1

ARTPOPKISS
21 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Can't wait to see who will be the next member to open a thread and give their 2 cents...

Rupauls Drag Race Reaction GIF

Yall are copying me I was the first :firega:

F@ggotry at its finest

2School4Cool

Thank you!! Wholeheartedly agree

Literally the ONLY reason I’ve ever really cared about charts in the past is because if a song is a hit single there’s more of a chance I’ll get to hear it live on a future tour if I can’t see them on the current album cycle :ladyhaha:

See The Best In Everyone

lastpopicon

and at the end of the day she will still chart regardless, might not get number 1's but that's hard even for the new acts, plus, the era is only starting...

And let's not forget she will still snatch the 1# album on the first week if something crazy doesn't happen (like rep tv release at the same time).

There's literally nothing to stress about, the song is good with critical acclaim and the fans love it, just enjoy the music :lolly:

The melody that you choose can rescue you

elijahfan
26 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Are you paying for the server?

It’s just a joke, no need to get butt hurt.

Did I lie, tho? :ally:

HelloHangoverz

We're two days into the era and I'm already exhausted by this discussion tbh 

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Thanks 1

Bambino
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

It’s just a joke, no need to get butt hurt.

Did I lie, tho?

I can take a joke.

But no lies detected

huxAon3.gif

Economy
35 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

First of all, I dont think the last part is true of most fans only liking a song if it mashes 

I agree with u about some of the attitudes being juvinile but i also think it depends at what level ur talking about

Im certainly not melting down over spotify updates being lower than hoped and Im not among the users that made such threads

Still I admit i care about charts to a degree for reasons ive mentioned and ill totally defend that because i dont think theres anything wrong with wanting success