opinion

I think Disease is just a promo single

Divine

Featured Posts

Divine

I think Disease is a promo single to just start the vibe of the era (also since Halloween is around the corner). I mean she teased a song in the ending of Gaga Chromatica Ball Film which sounds like a more lead single material and also Abracadabra. With those kinds of materials, I really feel like this era will be long and have surprises in between.  

I also think that the time frame of releasing the album is too far stretched that a second single release might be possible and it’s the instant hit kind of release, something more easily digestible for the fans and GP. (I love Disease personally, and I despise the drama with it and the little managers who don’t have any lives and calling Gaga silent or sad :triggered:).

Also, prior the era starting there were a lot of promotional shoots and interviews that makes me want to believe that this era is hugely planned. I definitely believe that this era will be huge because I remember Chromatica was planned carefully, but the pandemic hit. I guess this will be her comeback era before hiatus. I think this time around, everything will be executed accordingly. From no leaks to planned promotions, I believe in this era.

Unsolicited wish for Gaga:

Spoiler

Can we end the Telephone sequel here in this era as well? :cryga:

Edited by Divine
"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."
  • LMAO 5

vertigostick

No they just decided to switch strategy, cause it didn’t work out with her last lead singles. They go for longevity instead this time around with promo spots dispatched over a longer period of time, and they are right. :ohwell:

• Like 10

StarstruckIllusion

She called it the first single tho

• Like 9
  • Thanks 9

Divine
Just now, StarstruckIllusion said:

She called it the first single tho

I mean technically it will be labeled as the first single, but if they are aiming for longevity. I feel like the next releases will be more sonically strong (somehow overpowering the first release). 

• LMAO 3

Divine
1 minute ago, Auther said:

gwkr7fdaoaayluf.jpg?w=414&h=502&fit=crop

It was called as the first single of course (it's the first release :saladga:), but in today's strategy I am talking about how the next single/s will be more strong. :shrug:

• LMAO 2

VOLANTIS
1 minute ago, Divine said:

I mean technically it will be labeled as the first single, but if they are aiming for longevity. I feel like the next releases will be more sonically strong (somehow overpowering the first release). 

That's called the second single. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 6
  • Thanks 1

RochestrMonstr

That’s an interesting theory. I don’t agree, though. I think Disease is the actual lead single 

Divine
1 minute ago, VOLANTIS said:

That's called the second single. 

Well, technically yes! I don't know if the point is taken. Disease is the official first single, but I feel like there will be more strong releases after since she teased a lot of songs which I think sonically is better (but I love Disease tho). 

I ain't talking about technicalities, but how each songs will be treated. Disease is the first single of course, but it's kind of a promo single vibe. 

• LMAO 1

Divine
1 minute ago, RochestrMonstr said:

That’s an interesting theory. I don’t agree, though. I think Disease is the actual lead single 

Yup yup, it's kind of a theory. I just can't get over with this snippet tho. I am excited tho for Disease's promotional roll outs. Also the MV is I think is just around the corner. :heart:

• YAAAS 1

TimotheeChalamet

Guys honestly, log off for a couple of days and when you'll come back there will be the video and promo as a lead 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Like 9

Jennie Kim

Nope. The song has a radio deal and over 100M Playlist reach, that's a 1st single treatment.

• Like 1

moonsago

Interesting theory but this is definitely the lead. However, I agree, a second single before the album or with the album release ( if it’s indeed the beginning if Feb, like Feb 7th ) is coming too. It’s not THAT long of a period, Sabrina also had 3 months between the singles if I’m not wrong and with the streaming era, if a song takes of, it remains a hit for MONTHS, look at DWAS, it’s been nearly 3 months and still has the potential to peak further. Also, Disease is so freaking good, imagine it NOT being the lead? She would be insane to not make it, people love the song, all signs point to it, from critics, to other fandoms ( literally just saw Doja Cat stans talk about how good it is and how they can’t stop listening to it ) to fans. Once the GP gets their hands on it through radio and the MV, it will take off further. They strategy must be longevity rather than instant success, which is good. I’d rather take a song stay in the top 10 or top 5 for months like DWAS than a quick nr. 1 that everybody forgets a few months later. Gaga needs new pop touring hits, and that is a reality. 

Edited by moonsago