opinion

Gaga's vocals on "Disease"

Kermit the frog

Featured Posts

Kermit the frog

There are so many delicious things in this song that I wouldn't even know where to begin. The way she begins with a signature Gaga vowel vocalizing only to proceed to serve us the grittiest, rawest and most unfiltered vocals of her pop career.

Her growling and screaming on this song... The quirky "aahs" and "ughs"... The savage and powerful chorus. And then that falsetto at the end? Bitch, please spare us. She absolutely and unquestionably ate with this song.

Edited by Kermit the frog
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 22
  • Love 1

i love those vocals. the rawness the ad libs, the whispering, the low register, the theatrics. in those terms it's actually similar to bad romance tbh :staymad:

I Am a Joke
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

Mother of Puppies

I looooove the "uah's/whoa's" in between... (like at 0:18)  it sounds like it's from a video game when your avatar jumps and lands somewhere... :billie:

Edited by Mother of Puppies
THEY CALL ME LADY MOP
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 4

I love how she changed her singing on "The Joker" and "Disease". You know it's Gaga singing but it's also different from what she usually does. It's really cool 

• Like 7

Kermit the frog
Just now, PMM said:

i love those vocals. the rawness the ad libs, the whispering, the low register, the theatrics. in those terms it's actually similar to bad romance tbh :staymad:

It really is!

But what really makes it shine is that her voice seems to have undergone a huge upgrade. It almost feels like her range and power is unlimited now and she can do whatever she want with it. I'm giddy thinking about what's on this new album.

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 5

• Kermit the frog changed the title to Gaga's vocals on "Disease"
3 minutes ago, Kermit the frog said:

It really is!

But what really makes it shine is that her voice seems to have undergone a huge upgrade. It almost feels like her range and power is unlimited now and she can do whatever she want with it. I'm giddy thinking about what's on this new album.

those jazz vocals really improved her voice so much. I love her so much real-housewives-housewives.gif 

I Am a Joke
  • Love 3

Mother of Puppies

The vocals are really kinda metal in between... I LOVE the screaming... oh gawd this is becoming one of my favorite Gaga songs  :traumatica:

THEY CALL ME LADY MOP
  • YAAAS 3

Kermit the frog

Those background vocals in the second pre-chorus?

Screaming for me baby,

like you're gonna DIE.

:firega:

codymonster

I agree. She is always been a visual and vocal chameleon, but I feel like she’s played in the more “powerful” side of her vocals the last few years. She has such a playful voice too, and this song, I feel, does SUCH a good job with including her vocal chops, but also the iconic Gaga low register talking/singing, the crazy vowels, the gasps and sighs, and the less “polished” delivery.

So happy with this song :cryga:

Edited by codymonster
  • YAAAS 1

luxoricious

Yes! All those twists in her vocals reminded me so much of Bad romance! We are so used to that song that some may not noticed it anymore, but I love that on her, and I love that she decided to use that style again on Disease.

Seriously, last night I was kind of sad hearing that snippet that leaked on X two hours before and people saying it might be real, and I was "oh no I hate this".

But when the real song started I was "ok this cannot be it". And it wasn't. And then the chorus came and gosh, what a hit it was.

This song is amazing, and it's everything I expected from Gaga to return to her real form.

• YAAAS 1

mightyriverz

the way she vibrates the "tonight" in the second pre-chorus instantly reminded me of Bowie's singing style + a horror film narrator

definitely her best lead single to date, along with Born This Way and Bad Romance

excited to see how this going to spread throughout time

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

PinkJelly

Wait until we get a live performance :giveup:

If she changes up the vocal arrangement like she did for Jimmy Kimmel / Happy Mistake (E.g. recorded version vs live) I will simply pass away. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

The Ew from Judas

The vocals go so much harder than I thought they would-was not expecting her to go this hard with it .

sent the song to a friend of mine as soon as it came out and he said “I’m so glad she’s back to making weird noises again” lmao 

Ew
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2