new music

Halsey - The Great Impersonator

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Windowlicker

She's only gotten better with each project. This takes the best parts of the last two albums and creates something truly stunning and extremely emotional. Very heavy but essential.

• Like 1

sethrb101

I know it's truly Gaga's night, but popping in since I never visit this site to say I'm also incredibly excited for Halsey. Each album of hers is better than the last, and this one is shaping up to be great as well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Taylucifer

The album was good. I always find Halsey does a lot of different things on her albums, so some things really grab me and other things don't. Lonely is the muse is my personal favourite track. Overall a super cool project, there will be something for everyone on this album. 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Like 1

Luv u Sum

oh wow this is incredible.... i have fallen out of being a fan of halsey over the last couple years (mainly got annoyed with the way she sings) but in high school, badlands was like monumental to me and i've been there on album release night every since. 

this album is very special. each song is written from such a dark place and they explore different genres but that through-line of death really makes this a cohesive body of work.

im impressed. and nice to hear mainstream music that's lyrically driven and not sound like taylor's last 4 albums 

Plastic Flower

I finally listened and I really enjoyed it. Dare I say I liked this one way more during my first impressions.

My standout tracks have to be Ego, Dog Years, Panic Attack, I Never Loved You, Darwinism, Lonely Is The Muse, Arsonist, Life of the Spider and Hurt Feelings.

Letter to God (1983) is my fave out of the trilogy.

Drop it

StrawberryBlond

Best release in a while. It was a really good idea for a concept album and she impersonated everyone very well. Most tracks were decent and the ones that weren't were at least close or the lyrics were still good. My ultimate favourites were Dog Years, Panic Attack, The End, Hometown, Lonely Is The Muse, Arsonist and Life of the Spider (Draft). I think the interludes, if you can call them that, were a bit unnecessary and it was hard to decipher if they were truly to be considered interludes or full songs so I wasn't aware of how to judge them or how much weight to put on them although the 1998 one did seem like a regular song as it was longer and didn't sound so far away. I definitely think she could've cut down the tracklist a bit. But it was consistent and certainly a deep concept. The End and Life of the Spider were especially moving. Her most ambitious project yet and to see her get her highest ever Metacritic score while she's battling a serious illness must be a real ray of light for her, I'm sure. I hope she can finally get her first Grammy out of this. 

huttont

I gotta give this one more time. Not instantly my favorite but very heartfelt and genuine. Halsey is a gem and I love the sounds she played with for this album

Auther

I encourage people to listen to this album and read the lyrics and absorb them. I realized after crying to most of the album this morning that this is my album of the year. And I adored it on first listen. But man did it really hit different when I was reading along with the songs.

Edited by Auther