opinion

What to expect from Disease MV

asfittingasmcqueen

Featured Posts

asfittingasmcqueen

I did some research on Tanu Muino, the director in charge of the Disease MV and I found a bunch of common subjects and themes in her previous work with artists like Dua Lipa, The Weeknd, Doja Cat and many more, which are very indicative of her directing style. I wanted to share a couple of things we could expect from the music video (which I'm very excited about!)

1. Aerial shots: most of her videos include a filming technique called "birds eye's view" and high angle shots (think of it as something recorded from the ceiling, looking down). Some of her biggest examples are "Illusion" (Dua Lipa) and "As it Was" (Harry Styles). This one is basically confirmed already, given that the teaser picture for Disease was shot in the same angle

Timestamps:

2. Interesting color palettes: Tanu has a clear speciality in creating focal points through color contrast. Some of her most visually stunning videos include "2AM" (Foals), "Bongos" (Cardi B) and "Wild Side" (Normani)

3. Urban setting: most of her previous works were set in cities and streets, with lots of attention directed to buildings, cars, pavements and people interacting in the background. This is clear in "Standing Next to you" (Jung Kook), "Attention" (Doja Cat) and the recently released "Mantra" (Jennie). 

4. And lastly, almost every single one of her videos include wide shots of the sky. Just something I noticed that seems to be a running theme

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 4

MDevacelli

Love her work! Very excited to see what she'll do with Gaga as it seems to be her second work with dark visuals besides Doja. :enigma:

Edited by MDevacelli
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Choreography too! The new Choreographer hyped it up so much in the comments, it must be wild for Gaga. I also love how dynamic her Choroegraphies are. Something that Tanu will definitely be able to translate well - I mean, almost all her MVs feature heavy choreography

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

badmonsterkid

I’m kinda expecting some thriller level slayage. Dark & dingy aesthetic. Iconic & unique choreography.  A Halloween classic for years to come. 

Edited by badmonsterkid
  • Like 3

elijahfan

She’s an interesting collaborator for sure, tho her visuals are much brighter and more colorful than what I would’ve expected from LG7, I’m curious to see if this will be on par with her previous work or if there’s gonna be a shift. What’s for sure is it’s gonna be big.

I have to say I don’t find the teaser picture wildly exciting, but we’ve basically seen nothing so I’m looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

asfittingasmcqueen
12 minutes ago, Noah said:

Choreography too! The new Choreographer hyped it up so much in the comments, it must be wild for Gaga. I also love how dynamic her Choroegraphies are. Something that Tanu will definitely be able to translate well - I mean, almost all her MVs feature heavy choreography

I've been thinking the exact same thing. They are definitely a great match! Seems like the choice to have both Tanu and Parris on the lead single was extremely premeditated (and a very smart choice)

• Like 1

theARTVampire

The contrast between the promo pic with the car (very bright) and the TV picture (dark horror) makes it absolutely puzzling to figure out what to expect :excited2:

• Like 2

I went on the same research last night cause i'm curious af and one thing i can tell is she definitely gives every artist's MV its own unique vibe. Now add Gaga's ideas into all that.... OH THIS MV IS GOING TO EAT SO HARD :franminervini:

What’s fortnight
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2