opinion

Did Gaga wait out Richie's contract?

Mr S

Featured Posts

I don't know how it works in the entertainment industry, but in my field you can't just fire someone without proof. As we've seen with the Kesha case, the dancers words are just that, words. All he has to do is deny it. To fire without concrete proof would result in contracts breaking and lawsuits and it's complicated. So I wonder if perhaps this is part of why LG7 took as long as it did. She had to wait out his contract, and just not re hire. She was able to do jazz and piano shows because there is no choreo, but no enigma. And she can release jazz albums because the videos won't have choreo.

Just a thought 

• Like 11
  • Shook 4

1 minute ago, Mr S said:

I don't know how it works in the entertainment industry, but in my field you can't just fire someone without proof. As we've seen with the Kesha case, the dancers words are just that, words. All he has to do is deny it. To fire without concrete proof would result in contracts breaking and lawsuits and it's complicated. So I wonder if perhaps this is part of why LG7 took as long as it did. She had to wait out his contract, and just not re hire. She was able to do jazz and piano shows because there is no choreo, but no enigma. And she can release jazz albums because the videos won't have choreo.

Just a thought 

i think she could deal with the lawsuits very smoothly if that was the case. I don't see how relevant was to wait to make career moves based on a choreographer contract. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Anderson123

I want to think Gaga’s team is smart to do contracts per album cycle / project rather than years but who knows, maybe she did have to wait certain time for Richy’s to end. 

• Like 9

Starmie25

Wasn't it revealed that he wasn't technically part of the HAUS long-term.

It was more they hired him for each album cycle, but as we can see with LG7 they clearly didn't require his assistance so they employed Parris instead.

Edited by Starmie25

Honestly I don't think it will have impacted LG7 as like others have said most contracts with auxiliaries like dancers/choreos/backing band etc are done by project length. 

I think it's more likely that the connection was ended once TCB's film released as at that point they had no existing creditable work together in the pipeline. And it looks atm based on the teasers that the Chromatica Ball's narrative has been baked into LG7's concept. So the only thing that LG7 was waiting on was for TCB film to launch. 

• Like 2

I think that it had an influence. a peaceful end of the contract is better than a media drama. even if he behaved badly. it was safer to do this that way. He could attacked Gaga in media and make mess.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

Im sort of curious what Richie’s socials are looking like right now

His insta story filled with new MV clips of (seems to be) his new client, Rebecca Black :icant:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛... (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

His insta story filled with new MV clips of (seems to be) his new client, Rebecca Black :icant:

And to think I was considering giving her a shot

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 2