Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is the gap between lead and album too big?

Mr S

Featured Posts

Mr S

With the lead coming next week or the week after, and the album coming in February, that's over 3 months. In that time, there is the xmas freeze on radio (not that radio will play it much to begin with, but on the off chance they do, they'll definitely take longer to catch on, and then it's xmas). Traditionally albums came out  a month or so after the lead. 

Is this a good idea? Does it even matter? Why do you think the gap is so big? 

Just wondering 

Catnikko

wasn't born this way also 3 months

she'll be able to do a 2nd single and a promo single before the release maybe

i think it's fine :shrug: 

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 1

Bronco

Honestly the lead into album release window has been so ****ing random this year for everyone I follow who released. 

Genuinely don't know if it even matters anymore. 

• Like 1

ARTPOPKISS
4 minutes ago, TeaHaus said:

Katy Perry and FKA also had/have a large gap between their lead single and album drop.

And how did that work out for Kathy 

mariah carey diva GIF

F@ggotry at its finest
  • LMAO 7

2School4Cool

A larger gap means a full proper album rollout, I think it’s awesome 

See The Best In Everyone
  • Like 1

Murakami27

Twigs already released a second single. I know they’re different artists, but Gaga can release another single before the album release. 

• Like 2

tylerjs

Like Gaga, I don’t care about charts that much. so whatever happens happens and I’m just glad we’re getting music and that she’s happy making it :kiss:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Decodekid

I don't think so, Christmas time passes so quick we'll be in January so quick

Long Live Gretchen

InsomniaMonster69

It doesn't matter. For example - 'my future' was released in  July 2020 and 'happier than ever' was released in July 2021! - yes four songs where between that time gap released. That could mean that Gaga also could release a 2nd single before the album.

I personally love it when the era starts whit two or three songs released before the album drops

• Like 1

Stef

the reason there’s a big gap is because of the winter freeze, not because there’s a massive era planned (there could be, but let’s just expect there not to be, it will be easier for all of us by the time march rolls around!)

Signature loading… 👹🖤
  • Like 3

Lucas

The only thing that worries me about this long gap is the chances of the album leaking weeks before it's released... 

Also all album release strategies are so random & different now. Some will surprise drop, some will drop 1 month after lead single and some like 4 months later, some release singles and some not... it's kind of a mess to follow up lol

• Like 1

TEETHTEETH

Traditionally, it’s actually pretty standard. It doesn’t seem any longer than usual :haroon:

princedeeblebleble

I think its due to the xmas freeze and maybe her doing some more jazzy things with Harley during that time. Considering how she's done eras lately, I doubt we'll get a ton of activity... Honestly that's why she posted the live Hq show setlist with such xmassy ornaments, so she'll be more seasonal while also sliglthy keeping herself in public enough for LG7 single 2. 

Edited by princedeeblebleble