Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

Shakira cancels arena tour 2 weeks before its start to move it to stadiums next May

Teletubby

Featured Posts

dberrin
2 hours ago, GagaGame said:

???

Sorry if this was unclear, I meant that they can drive to whatever city the tour is stopping in their state. A tour is supposed to be for the artist to visit your local city...

That crazy thing of european shows being filled with 40% americans have to stop... I saw on french news that some of them were only staying for like 2 or 3 nights in Europe and then flew back. The carbon emissions for this is insane...

I understand that people really wanna see their favorite artists. I just think its time to start thinking about the impact.

EDIT: i was talking about Taylor Swift shows, it was also similar for Beyonce

Edited by dberrin

Morphine Prince

There need to be laws in place where if stuff like this happens the event organizers are also responsible for any expenses that include airfare, hotel, etc. 

They cannot keep getting away with this. 

Blackout19

Stop with the hate! 

Shakira is a Queen! 

And of course many people wanna see her, so yeah is gonna be a great tour! 

Vino cu noi în bucătărie, adu cu tine și o farfurie.

TortureMeOnReplay
4 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I mean even if they get a switch option or a refund for the tickets... Can they get one for hotels/ plain tickets already booked? 2 weeks prior seems too late to get full refunds.

I don't understand booking non-refundable plane tickets and hotels for things like this. Maybe if you're going to see Meemaw or your 2 year Grindr fling. But when you're relying on a stranger to be reliable?

3 hours ago, dberrin said:

people are acting like if this was Shakira's decision while I'm pretty sure its Live Nation taking the decision. And we all know Livenation is a money grabbing machine. I think there s been a shift in the industry since the beginning of the streaming era and they have to maximize profits from touring. building two different shows was probably really expensive.

Another thought is that people should stop travelling/flying for shows... 

Anyway this is still very respectful.. I think the weekend did the same with the after hours tour. They should plan in advance

How would Livenation ever have such big control over scheduling? Shakira's team gives Livenation parameters for a tour and Livenation gets it booked and promoted. It's not that Livenation called up Shakira and said "hey you're not touring in 2 weeks, free up your schedule for next summer". 

faysalaaa

She knew there was gonna be huge demand, she just changed her mind and decided for stadium tour for some reason. I wont be able to see her now cause I ownt be in the US after May