Emvee 8,870 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 4 hours ago, faysalaaa said: Mass illegal immigration is bad even if they commit less crimes and dont take citizens jobs. Look what happened to Europe and Lebanon for example. I understand that alot of anti immigration people are racist, but for the ones complaining about it rationally shouldnt be called racists. What happened to Europe and Lebanon? Cause if it’s not about crime or availability of jobs, what exactly is the issue? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHALLOW 16,469 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 Woah Fox news is really disgusting and the interviewer is an a hole. Kamala did great. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Phoenix Rises 954 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 lets see trump go on a network like that and 'actually' answer a tough question and not whine. spread love ,kindness & compassion 👹🖤!!!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MOT 3,662 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 Just watched the whole thing. I thought it was a good interview. Of course it was the lions den and Fox were trying to tear her down rather than build her up, but that was the whole point wasn't it, to show what she could do under pressure ? So how did she do under pressure ? I thought she did well. Let's not kid ourselves, she had tough questions to answer, where the best she could do was to deflect, and I thought she deflected pretty well. There has been some focus on Brett Baier talking over her, but that's not what I saw. I thought he was just doing the normal interviewer thing of trying to pin the interviewee down when they were being evasive (and 27 minutes is short enough). For her part, I thought she was nicely combative, stood up for herself without getting unpleasant, and to be honest I thought she talked over his questions as much as he talked over her answers. The clip of Trump was unfair, but she spoke well to that and it was a good moment for her imo. The clip of the bereaved mother was also unfair, just a cheap shot. Where are the clips of all the mothers who have lost children to school shootings, or the families and friends of anyone who has been murdered in any circumstances ? A word about Brett Baier. He's good, a smart, articulate guy. Yeah he was trying to knock her down, but his tone was respectful at all times, he was old school. I have seen him in the past sticking it to Trump a bit. You don't see much of that on Fox. He's not the worst. Overall, this interview was (obviously) aimed at Fox viewers. and the objective for Harris first and foremost would have been to demonstrate to those people that she is not the 'commie lunatic' that Trump would have them believe. I would guess that a lot of Fox viewers are out of reach, but at the same time a lot of them aren't, and I think she may have done herself some good with those people. AND VOTE BLUE. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
garbage day 11,863 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 7 hours ago, faysalaaa said: All I know is anyone that had little concern over the border crisis in Texas was called a racist, and everyone said it was fake news that there is a crisis. But everything shes saying today regarding the border sounds good. And why does she view Iran as the biggest threat to America based on Israel?! It's not just based on Israel, there's been misplaced bad blood with us and Iran for decades and 9/11 only stoked those issues because a lot of Americans are just straight up racist and don't realize it, so "middle eastern" is "Iraqi" is "Jihadi" is "Al Jazeera" is "Irani" is TERRORIST to them Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 14 hours ago, Emvee said: What happened to Europe and Lebanon? Cause if it’s not about crime or availability of jobs, what exactly is the issue? Lebanon is an extremely Liberal open minded country compared to the rest of the Middle East), but now that over half the population are immigrants from other Middle Eastern countries, Lebanon is culturally a completely different place than it was a couple of years ago. When I go to a restaurants or clubs in Lebanon today, all you hear is Syrian music praising Bachar Alasad!! I also know a church thats mix between men and women. but Christians from other immigrant countries arent used to that, so the church had to deal with new cultural issues. Not to mention support for groups like Hezbollah would not even be possible without immigrants in Lebanon. The whole political system completely changed in Lebanon because of Immigrants. This is why the civil war in Lebanon happened, and the war still continues today, all because of Hezbollahs support and power. Edit: I just want to make it clear that I support immigration, and even illegal immigrants in some cases, but there should be a whole system making sure it goes good. I also dont think Lebanon is better than the immigrants there, but there is a difference in culture that can effect the country if not done well. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
garbage day 11,863 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 3 hours ago, Phoenix Rises said: lets see trump go on a network like that and 'actually' answer a tough question and not whine. We literally saw his VP complain about fact-checking. They're a party built on bad hype, evil vibes, and blatant misinformation. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
faysalaaa 5,382 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 18 minutes ago, hieronymus said: It's not just based on Israel, there's been misplaced bad blood with us and Iran for decades and 9/11 only stoked those issues because a lot of Americans are just straight up racist and don't realize it, so "middle eastern" is "Iraqi" is "Jihadi" is "Al Jazeera" is "Irani" is TERRORIST to them Iran has always been an enemy, but Iran is clearly not the biggest threat to America, and she answered twice that its because of Israel! It seems like shes planning a new war if she becomes president. I mean its already happening Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
garbage day 11,863 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 5 minutes ago, faysalaaa said: Iran has always been an enemy, but Iran is clearly not the biggest threat to America, and she answered twice that its because of Israel! It seems like shes planning a new war if she becomes president. I mean its already happening I think it's because Iran is the Middle Eastern super power that the US has yet to control/conquer, and the fastest way to mobilize the Christian American mind right now is mentioning Israel. It's the new "war on terror" Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,245 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 1 hour ago, faysalaaa said: Iran has always been an enemy, but Iran is clearly not the biggest threat to America, and she answered twice that its because of Israel! It seems like shes planning a new war if she becomes president. I mean its already happening Honestly its because she was on Fox. Most people generally have only a surface level engagement with politics and current affairs. This surface level engagement is based on the news media they consume the most. So obviously if you go on a more Democratic leaning platform you talk about the threat of Russia. If you go on Fox you talk about the "big scary brown people" in Iran. And on both you can reference China but China plays its cards very well so that the avg person in the US would go "commie china bad" but "china is about to fight us". People have 1 track minds. Most Americans don't care about the European situation with Russia. A lot have been conditioned to blame Europe and support Russia. So the only successful answer on the airwaves is to talk about Iran atm. The gays know how to party Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
pachinko 10,775 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 Vote blue. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MACATL 2,184 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 8 hours ago, Argentum said: I just randomly fast forwarded at a few random spots. She answers a question and then immediately starts talking about her policies (even if they’re not related to the question) I think it’s good her team knows that’s a “point” the MAGA flops are trying to make honestly gurl if trump can say whatever he wants with no control she might as well just freestyle and say random things. I’m all here for it lol At least she’s talking policy. That’s a good thing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
pachinko 10,775 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 8 hours ago, Argentum said: I just randomly fast forwarded at a few random spots. She answers a question and then immediately starts talking about her policies (even if they’re not related to the question) I think it’s good her team knows that’s a “point” the MAGA flops are trying to make honestly gurl if trump can say whatever he wants with no control she might as well just freestyle and say random things. I’m all here for it lol Are you voting blue? The only answer is yes. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
djBuffoon 12,239 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 In spite of how much Baier interrupted her and tried to derail her responses, she did great. Multiple viral moments of her taking the Fox News narrative and trouncing it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Argentum 1,705 Posted October 17, 2024 Share Posted October 17, 2024 33 minutes ago, MACATL said: At least she’s talking policy. That’s a good thing. yes that’s what I meant. If trump can spew hate unprompted, she can talk about policy unprompted 30 minutes ago, pachinko said: Are you voting blue? The only answer is yes. while I live in the US, I can’t vote so in a sense I’m not voting blue "Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.