Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Lee/Harley Appreciation Thread

SpadesToStart

Featured Posts

SpadesToStart

This one’s for all the Batman/Harley/comics fans. Let’s share some things we loved about Gaga’s take on Harley Quinn.

One scene that stood out to me was “The Joker” musical number, where she’s dancing sensually on the prosecutor table while Joker goes around committing violence in the court room. I remember thinking, “Now THAT is Harley Quinn”. tbh that scene gave me more fundamental Harley vibes than a lot of what Margo Robbie ever did with the character (though I like her Harley too).

another highlight is the song Folie A Deux. Musically and lyrically it just feels like the perfect song for Joker and Harley to dance to. It’s so clear that Gaga did her research and had a take on the character that was simultaneously true to form and totally fresh.

The Ew from Judas

This one’s a spoiler, but one of my favorite details in the movie was when they reveal that she has a degree in  psychiatry. Since they did such a different take on Harley, I absolutely flipped when I saw that reference to her regular characterization 

Ew
  • Like 1

SpadesToStart
Just now, The Ew from Judas said:

This one’s a spoiler, but one of my favorite details in the movie was when they reveal that she has a degree in  psychiatry. Since they did such a different take on Harley, I absolutely flipped when I saw that reference to her regular characterization 

I loved how that paid homage to the comics, while also playing into the overall fun reversal of Harley being the manipulator instead of the Joker. Like of course she knows how to manipulate Arthur, she has degrees in psychiatry!

JohnWayne92

She was the best part of Joker 2 because she was crazier than him - and we didn’t get to explore that. She had so much to dive into, and I believe we were robbed of her becoming Harley in the film (I believe they shot it because of what they did show and that elevator scene in the previews/Lees initial one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

SpadesToStart
1 minute ago, JohnWayne92 said:

She was the best part of Joker 2 because she was crazier than him - and we didn’t get to explore that. She had so much to dive into, and I believe we were robbed of her becoming Harley in the film (I believe they shot it because of what they did show and that elevator scene in the previews/Lees initial one. 

100%! The film would have been much stronger if it had been a story that focused equally on them both, instead of just being more or less an epilogue to Arthur’s story. Lee was clearly the true psychopath, and Gaga’s performance made me want to know so badly to know what made her tick. 

• YAAAS 1

MOT

I just thought she nailed the 'unhinged' vibe. I couldn't see Gaga or Ally or Patrizia in there. I saw a believable portrait of a strung out girl (if I may).

• YAAAS 1

37 minutes ago, MOT said:

I just thought she nailed the 'unhinged' vibe. I couldn't see Gaga or Ally or Patrizia in there. I saw a believable portrait of a strung out girl (if I may).

you may.

• LMAO 1