celeb

E. Kidd Bogart reveals Beyonce added a word to Halo

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

She added a word in the song which I thought was always amazing
"Gravity can't begin
To pull me back to the ground"
listen to the demo, she added "again" which is mindblowing.

She also took the bridge out and just did the opera party 
demo:

he also revealed that 2nd verse of Rihanna’s SOS are '80s song titles

Edited by Teletubby
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 11

Lucas

She probably gets credits on all her songs this way lol, by adding a word or adding harmonies (which singers can get writing credits for, yup). Yet her fans still believe she writes, composes, produces all her songs herself and is some kind of music genius :smh: 

• Like 9

dracomalfoy

that demo is so 2000s, so nostalgic

Chromatic, Chromatic, put your hands all over my colors.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yet her fans still believe she writes, composes, produces all her songs herself and is some kind of music genius :smh: 

Her fans don't think that. LMs love to pretend everyone's calling Bey a musical genius so they can drag her but everyone knows she's mostly a curator/producer who excels at performing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

lasagna

i really dont care if she writes her own music. her music is stellar and theres still absolutely a skill in selecting the countless incredible songs she has in her discography.

nobody really says anything about (to name a few) celine dion, britney, cher, even kylie to an extent not writing the majority of their discography so i've never understood why beyonces the outlier

frankly id appreciate if sometimes singers didnt write their own stuff :air:

Spoiler

don't put me in the basement when I want the penthouse of your heart comes to mind :sis:

human turd
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

River
1 hour ago, lasagna said:

nobody really says anything about (to name a few) celine dion, britney, cher, even kylie to an extent not writing the majority of their discography so i've never understood why beyonces the outlier

because unlike bey, they don't give themselves writing credits lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Thanks 5

BlondeQueenOfGGD
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Her fans don't think that. LMs love to pretend everyone's calling Bey a musical genius so they can drag her but everyone knows she's mostly a curator/producer who excels at performing.

:awkney:

OliviaRodrigoStan

Queen of writing! :whitney:. It's literally the same thing Madonna did with "Express Yourself", and also what Gaga did on "Till It Happens To You", it's unfortunately common practice :oops:

I do think it's stupid to keep doing it at this point. But I understand the reasoning behind it: the recording artist gets writing credits, and the original writer gets... to have their song platformed by a bigger artist, which will result in more money for them through royalties, etc, so I guess everyone wins :ladyhaha:

It is goofy though. Specially for artists like Beyoncé whom everyone already knows, is not a songwriter, and doesn't write her music. Which is perfectly valid, Maria Callas was not a songwriter, and nobody would ever doubt her as an artist. 

Being just a performer and an interpreter, is ok. I do think writing your own music adds value and personality to your work, but you can still be an outstanding entertainer, or even a great artist, by just being a remarkable performer. 

I think Beyoncé's vocal skills are enough to consider her a good artist, she doesn't need to pretend that she writes her song anymore, but whatever, it's her career, not mine, lol. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST

lasagna
45 minutes ago, River said:

because unlike bey, they don't give themselves writing credits lol

i get what you're saying but theres no way of us knowing just how involved she is in the process. people have said shes made minimal changes, but people have also said shes had a heavy hand in the songwriting process - it's likely a bit of both. songwriting isn't just lyrics, and if she has any part in the songwriting process she deserves to be credited. she also wrote church girl solo so she is clearly a competent songwriter.

im just gonna use Gaga as an example. Gaga gave herself writing credits for sour candy, sinners prayer, and perfect illusion even though she provided little to no changes to the songs and we know this from the demos. hell, Gaga even has writing credits on her covers from harlequinn. she was a part of the songwriting process and contributed to it, even if it was miniscule so she deserves credit. beyonces no different

human turd
  • Like 2

CyanDante

Why is he praising her like this for adding the word 'again'? :brat:

because it fcuking rhymes??? :brat:

I can't :billie:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ALGAYDO

It’s funny cause there’s some artists like Britney who are known to add/change whole ass lines of their songs without asking for writing credits, and then there’s artists like Beyonce lol 

• Thanks 1

Reject False Icons

its really interesting how I still had no idea how every artist does things differently

and how A&R are the link between musicians who compose the music and the ones who perform it, but the performers don't just go picking for songs like fruits to the market, they even have a person who picks the songs for them, do performers even have an idea of the concept of the album they have to make or even the labels and their team tells them how it should be, it's really curious, I'd like to know other cases

also that explains how many artists are not that close to their catalogue and they sell it or they legally don't have much ownership of their music and they don't care to negociate their contracts

Edited by Reject False Icons

Shakmasda

uhmm...so she adds the word "again" and it's such a mind blowing thing to do?...da fvck is this witchcraft!!!

Imagine if she added a full sentence, wheeeee!

Edited by Shakmasda
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, lasagna said:

Gaga gave herself writing credits for sour candy, sinners prayer, and perfect illusion even though she provided little to no changes to the songs and we know this from the demos.

Omg I want to hear the demos, can you provide me the link in a dm?