FATCAT
3 hours ago, Panchecco said:

She has a point though

On her hat maybe 🧙‍♀️

Purr more, hiss less.
  • LMAO 3

Elohim
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

When the movie poster came out, many pointed out that it referenced but was not identical to the original musical poster:

4efc19763ed83b9f6992f07177081d4c.jpg

Someone edited the movie poster to look more like this and now apparently Cynthia is choosing to be deeply hurt by it.

I literally don’t get this overdramatized reaction when it’s obviously an edit that nods to the original poster. Girl needs to chill tf up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Galagala

Embarrassing. She has no sense of humor and too easily offended.

gagzus

Her mentioning the “is your p*ssy green?” Meme is absolutely SENDING me 💀

Edited by gagzus
  • LMAO 3

tyler k

she doesn't even think the "is your p*ussy green" meme is funny???? :toofunny:

like girl that's been around for years lol 

Edited by tyler k
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 1

Charmz

I can see how some say she’s over reactive (don’t disagree)

on the other hand. 

this film, its theme, and the actual character of Elphaba are extremely significant to marginalized people and I understand that the marketing choice to include her as Elphaba and intentional as it supports driving the actual intended statement behind the story.

also people criticizing her looks are disgusting

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

pachinko

She is going to bring down Wicked’s box office numbers by millions with her nonsense. 

Edited by pachinko
  • Like 1

Bronco
31 minutes ago, Charmz said:

I can see how some say she’s over reactive (don’t disagree)

on the other hand. 

this film, its theme, and the actual character of Elphaba are extremely significant to marginalized people and I understand that the marketing choice to include her as Elphaba and intentional as it supports driving the actual intended statement behind the story.

also people criticizing her looks are disgusting

I think i'd be way more on board with her if 

1) The poster edit had gone to the effort of altering things like her nose etc which are actual facial features and are things black women get criticised heavily for by racists. But beyond the typical AI smoothness there's no actual bodily changes to her appearance - they've just moved the hat & changed her lipstick colour to match the poster it's copying (and copying badly). And the changes to Ari are just moving her hand into a significantly less stupid position. 

2) She didn't go on a massive attack about AI edits as a whole having hours before shared AI edits of the poster. It's hypocritical. 

thatfoxyfeeling

I thought she was referring to the AI post on x where Ariana is asking "Is your p*ssy green?" :laughga:

djBuffoon

She has a reputation of pulling stuff like this for years, ever since she broke through on the New York stage, and maybe even earlier when she was performing on the West End.

Superbly talented woman but, as others have pointed out, she is very easily triggered and tends to post her thoughts to a huge base of people who couldn't care less.

• Like 1

4BLAiNE

It’s feeding into these kinds of narratives that really just makes a complete circus of anything actually worth getting upset about.

It’s a poster edit. For gawd’s sake. No one is erasing anybody. 

If this were given any actual credence, then any poster edit ever made ever that doesn’t include the persons entire face would have to be labelled the same. It’s absurd. 

Imagine living a life so blessed that this is the kind of thing you have time to write a thesis about.

Edited by 4BLAiNE