Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Todd/Joaquin’s movie has 90% drop in 2nd week

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

MessyTop
48 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

you make it sound like bad movies NEVER do good at box office lol 

Well, you are right. Sadly joker is not entertaining, is a bore, even for Gaga fans. Directors fault 

• Like 2

Louvre

THE TRENCHES

The silence is working wonders for Gaga rn, hopefully her team has their ear on the situation and has a statement ready to go if she needs to say something. 

tyler k
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

Joker FAD is a FLOP. 

as a fan of the Terrifier series, i am over the moon about this development lmaoooo 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Love 1

Economy

Good tbh. Means gp is moving on from this flop and Gaga can stop being associated with negative PR.

Kinda glad it dropped this much tbh. It means fewer people whatching it and less damage done :enigma:

• Thanks 1

Starmie25

That's so sad. The amount of people that worked on this film too for months. :kara:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

andy232000
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I don't really understand this criticism tbh. Can you explain what fans of the first movie were asking for?

I LOVED the first movie and imo the second is a natural and satisfying continuation/conclusion to Arthur's character.

I really do think people are sh*tting on FAD for two reasons:

1) It's a musical. Which, fair, they intentionally played that down during the promotion which is a mistake on their part but it doesn't detract from the movie itself imo

2) Joker didn't become the "clown prince of crime" or whatever. And idk why anybody would expect Arthur Fleck, the man who couldn't even pull off a small club comedy set, to become the leader of a domestic terrorist group :enigma:  the whole sequel was centered around Joker being a symbol that he couldn't live up to and a role didn't want to play in the end. It's dark and depressing but damn satisfying :enigma:

Really not trying to get into the weeds defending this film but the hate is over the top and undeserved :laughga: it's an ok movie at worst, and if people don't like it that's fine, but to call it objectively bad? Nah.

I’d say your second point is exactly what people expected. At least some part of it. The first film was jokers origin story and if you look at the ending, Arthur very explicitly says that he was planning on killing himself, but his rage at Murray and society made him a murderer. Given the characters history, it would’ve been just as logical for Arthur to completely descend into madness and become the crazy killer joker people know and love (even if its obviously wrong to idolize him). Not all stories, especially super hero stories, need some moral high horse script; in fact I’d say people would not normally expect it. Now, I personally think the direction they attempted to take the film in with Arthur being humanized and deconstructing the Joker Persona was much more profund; just really REALLY badly executed. 

The second main thing is the deceptive marketing. This seemed like a Bonnie & Clide type dynamic with Gaga’s character. More reason to believe that we were gonna get a two-fold murderer story. 

90% of the audience expected scenario A. We got scenario B; and scenario B could’ve worked had it been done better. Not only the story did not give people the obvious safe option, but the option they went with just doesn’t land well either. AND on top of this, you miss-use Gaga? That pretty much will displease every single possible demographic the movie targeted from die hard DC fans, general public and Little Monsters. 

I truly think someone with a decent PR and Filmmaking background could’ve seen how this movie was a disaster, had Tod Philips allowed feedback

Edited by andy232000
  • Like 2

GoldenPonyboy

If it means next tours tickets will be easier to get and cheaper im ok with it :ally:

• LMAO 2

MOT

Some of the more thoughtful yt reviews are not entirely negative and many of the comments are positive (this is because in reality the movie is not terrible, it is decent). I think it might pick up some business from people who wouldn't normally go near comicbooks. Not enough to make it a non-flop, but enough to improve matters. 

RichAssPiss
1 hour ago, r4therupbeat said:

people don't like to be misled. if the movie was labeled as a musical it would've done better

It was announced as a musical and there was clearly singing in the trailer? It was not nearly as misleading as Wonka or Mean Girls. And even those did not have such hatred. 

pachinko

My sister asked me if I recommended her to see this movie. I recommended she not watch it. :trollga:

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 2

pachinko
58 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

If it means next tours tickets will be easier to get and cheaper im ok with it :ally:

This to be honest. 

StarstruckIllusion

Thinking back to a tweet I read claiming this movie wasn’t a flop bc it de utes with string numbers :billie:

Example #87363 of monsters but understanding hollywood  :icant:

Ivy
3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Joker FAD is a FLOP. 

This is so funny as terrifier is kinda like opposite to joker2 in a way and this proves the point that people want to see violent spectacle stuff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1