Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
movie

Universal Pictures Going All Out For Wicked Movie Marketing, SO MANY MERCHS!

RAMROD

Featured Posts

MessyTop
25 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I feel like the people who are truly excited for this movie are the ones who are already very familiar with or have seen the musical. Will they be able to branch out and pull in audiences who don't know anything about Wicked? That remains to be seen.

lol are you kidding me? Everyone in the world knows The Wizard of oz, Arianna and wicked. Trust me, is gonna be the biggest opening of the year 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

weed

It’s very exciting seeing ALLLLLL of the merch and collabs they are doing, very envious as I don’t care about wicked at all. They’ve collabed with like every single brand out there, even Voluspa candles 

MessyTop
5 minutes ago, bionic said:

i think strong (but unremarkable) first week and downhill from there w poor word of mouth.

Hate to burst your bubble but all the testing have been superb, the movie is going to be the biggest opening of the year. You are all underestimating the wicked brand that has been around for 23 years. 
the musical alone: 

65 million people

Performed in over 100 cities in 16 countries around the world, the musical has been seen by close to 65 million people. 

plus Ariana’s star power and the world obsession with The Wizard of Oz. 

• Thanks 1

Butters Stotch

I'm so excited for this movie!!

I never so the musical, but they showed the trailer when I went to see Joker: FàD and it looks amazing!!

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

RAMROD
34 minutes ago, bionic said:

A lot for a movie that is doomed to flop.

8 minutes ago, bionic said:

i think strong (but unremarkable) first week and downhill from there w poor word of mouth.

It is already selling more than Gladiator 2, its direct competition that same release week, and presales for Wicked just opened this morning. It is a good sign so far. 

Some people even starting to turn this & Gladiator 2 as this year Barbenheimmer. Some called it as Glicked. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 2

HIM820
21 minutes ago, bionic said:

This would have to be significantly worse than Joker 2 to have poor word of mouth, and I think that’s pretty unlikely at this point. 

Tony31511

I think if Joker was properly promoted as a musical, it would have performed better. I think audiences were disappointed that it was nothing like the original film (which caught people by surprise).

As for Wicked, it is obviously a musical and that is what people are expecting. So I predict it will do very well.

• Like 1

Juanjo
1 hour ago, bionic said:

A lot for a movie that is doomed to flop. Future landfill. We are destroying the planet and for what??? An Ariana Grande themed Stanley cup???

I can't believe that after so many years of looking forward to this film this is what was produced... maybe the film is better than the marketing but I am not hopeful

Lmao Let’s not project. This movie is not going to flop. 

• Thanks 2

63grekke
20 minutes ago, Tony31511 said:

I think if Joker was properly promoted as a musical, it would have performed better. I think audiences were disappointed that it was nothing like the original film (which caught people by surprise).

the audiences were disappointed because of the of lack of plot / character development / b story lines.

people wouldve appreciated the musical aspect if the plot actually moved and wasnt limited to the asylum/courtroom.

• Like 1

PunkTheFunk
59 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

lol are you kidding me? Everyone in the world knows The Wizard of oz, Arianna and wicked. Trust me, is gonna be the biggest opening of the year 

Idk, I'm a bit skeptical, but we'll see.

doja scat

this is the moment and payola gargar was supposed to receive. oh aryana when i catch you 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

Flippy

SO EXCITED OMG! :bradley: The Glinda cup?! Need!!! 

I got my early screening ticket and I am SO excited!!! :excited:I’ve never had the chance to watch the play and didn’t know it was a novel until like… last week lmao but I’ve always wanted to see it :fatcat: This is my moment! :cryga:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • YAAAS 1

Roughhouse Dandy

They know this movie is gonna SMASH. A family film premiering in the holiday season based on the world's most popular musical inspired by the most well known movie/book in the world starring one of the biggest popstars in the world after 20 years of trying to get it made and they're flooding ad spaces? There's 0% chance it'll perform poorly. At least this 1st movie. 

That said, as cute as all of this is, they know merch is gonna sell so I wish they focused on making a *few* items that were made of good solid sustainable materials that maybe cost more than a million different cheaply made disposable stuff that's gonna break and clog our landfills further. 

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1