šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

achievement

Harlequin Debuts at #20 on Billboard 200

johnmonster

Featured Posts

HelloHangoverz

OMG all this drama in what is supposed to be LG7 lead single release month. You wouldn't even know it by the way this site has been in the last few days.Ā 

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 4

LG2008
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Surprise releases have done very well for years now though. The genre is obviously an acquired taste but that didn't stop her other jazz albums from charting high and those were branded as full cover albums with very little creative input.

I'm honestly thinking it could've performed a lot better if she released it away from the Bruno collab. People are still happily satisfied with DWAS and this bizarro album just feels like a weird afterthought in comparison, which is funny given the fact that DWAS is the real random release here.

I agree, it was too soon so another option could've been to include DWAS on the album... I wonder why they didn't think of itĀ :oprah:

NATAH
Just now, LG2008 said:

I agree, it was too soon so another option could've been to include DWAS on the album... I wonder why they didn't think of itĀ :oprah:

cus that ruins the point of the album, it doesn't fit in at allĀ :what:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

NATAH
3 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

OMG all this drama in what is supposed to be LG7 lead single release month. You wouldn't even know it by the way this site has been in the last few days.Ā 

like where are the FANS? where are the people that like Lady Gaga??????

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

LG2008
Just now, NATAH said:

cus that ruins the point of the album, it doesn't fit in at allĀ :what:

Mmm... Idk about thatĀ :oprah:

She said that they had Joker in mind while working on the song and it kinda gives me Harley vibes

• LMAO 1

Luffy
1 hour ago, GagaGame said:

I don't think it's that bad guys c'mon. It was announced 3 days before release and nobody knew it was coming. It's all jazz covers or acoustic songs. Most of the releases are now pop, so it has competition

We shouldnā€™t sugarcoat it

• Thanks 1

RickMonster98

It was a last minute release. And wr're basically talking about a soundtrack companion album with mainly jazz coversĀ :triggered:with the physical version only being available through her website:triggered:

It is a bit underwhelming dont get me wrong but nothing that should upset us. The real deal is coming in a few weeks:cheeky:

Ā 

Scar97

Doesnā€™t help that the movie itā€™s associated with it is the biggest flop of the year. Itā€™s still my favorite ā€œjazzā€ album of hers if yall still want to call it that

andy232000
1 hour ago, Dr Fudge said:

I think it speaks to how pop culture is just this huge dynamic beast. There isnā€™t a war against Gaga, people just like what they like. Iā€™m actually glad to see Gaga have some misses here and there cuz it reaffirms that she isnā€™t just notching big records for her name, but for her talent. A jazz record was never gonna stop the world from spinning but LG7 will put her right back on top

I love this take! I agree. Much better to have her real highs be organic than just because of her name

• Love 1

FrederickSpears

Not that bad. It's a jazz album that hardly had any promo, was released a few days after it was announced, and again it's a JAZZ album. ALSO the physicals were only available on her website and not in stores yet (so that hurt it too) but not bad. Her next album will atleast go top 10. This is fine.

• Like 1

gagzus
2 hours ago, andy232000 said:

Damnā€¦ Projections had it at #15 and I was hopeful she could actually crack a #12-11

its funny how she has the biggest song in the world while simultaneously having the biggest flop movie in the world.Ā 

It probably wouldā€™ve debuted higher maybe even #1 if theyā€™d added DWAS to the album on streaming but alas.

Also people like what they like, most of the gays and non Gaga fans are hungry for a pop album and pop records. 20 for a jazz project with no airplay, minimal promo and being linked to a panned movie is still good imo.

StrawberryBlond

This is really good considering it missed the top 40 in almost the entire world. It only charted in the top 40 in another 3 countries. It was a surprise release, has no official singles, had no live performances pre-release, had only one live performance of a track overall, is an album consisting almost entirely of jazz covers and physical editions were only available through her official store. Overall, a very fan orientated release that is a curio among hardcore fans, not the average music listener. When a studio album starts performing like this, it's time to worry, we're only acting like it's bad because the movie it's attached to is suffering right now. It got a 73 on MC despite all this, that's amazing too. It's only 16k less than LFS opened with (and that charted at #8 which shows it can all come down to which week you release, a really slow week could have scraped a top 10).

Btw, can anyone tell me if they could find out where songs from the album charted and how well? I can see looking through her wiki page under "other charting songs" that Good Morning, The Joker and Happy Mistake all charted somewhere but they're either unclickable or they just take you to a page about the original song but no mention of charting.Ā 

Schwerk

Not sure if LG7 is going to be the big hit many of you are counting on. The GP seems to only care for Gaga if she's doing a duet or if it's a (power)balad type of song for the last 10 years. It can be frustrating, but Gaga is a polarizing artist and her pop music isn't everyone's cup of tea.Ā 

I love Harlequin so much, I don't even care how high it charts. The movie might be in the way of the album gaining traction because people might not realize the songs sound different than they do in the movie.

I think she should even rease Happy Mistake as a single, because people really seem to like this song and the live performance is getting quite a bit of views.

Ā 

Edited by Schwerk
According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch