Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

J*ker Director explains Gaga’s cut kiss scene

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

The incels are now accusing Gaga of SAing an extra oh my god this movie was actually such a terrible idea :icant:

I’m done with this 

I could go on for the rest of my life without hearing anything related to this movie ever again, as of this moment 

Thank god LG7 is about 2 weeks away 

• LMAO 3
  • Shook 5

Not The Real Gaga

There is no way they didn't discuss this on set since it involves kissing an extra. She can't do that without consulting multiple people - including the director, I assume.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Rahrahbitchson

He wants to put the blame on Gaga over his bad decisions....oh honey u messed with the wrong fan base, LETS GET THIS MAN

giphy-8.webp

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • LMAO 11

4BLAiNE

Just want to clarify, very quickly, before this thread gets out of hand fast. As an actor, I can assure you this moment was not improvised by Gaga. There is no way any set operates on a ground where an actor can kiss another without it being planned and agreed upon beforehand.

We can be upset that the scene was cut, but he’s saying that the decision to cut it was made because (for them) the fact it was a dialogue moment, it clashed against the flow of what they wanted.

Not saying I agree with the decision - just trying to explain this isn’t Todd saying “I didn’t like what Gaga improvised”. There is also no way one can interpret that he’s in any way blaming Gaga’s performance either.

As an actor - you learn quickly that so much is cut due to pacing / stylistic choices and not because of you. 

Very, very, VERY little is ever ‘improvised’ on professional film sets the way most believe it is. Even the stuff you’ve been told was improvised mostly wasn’t in the way you think it was. 

Edited by 4BLAiNE
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

madmagical6

Hmmm this isn't good I feel a though he's trying to incite negativity towards Gaga to save his own ass. 

I hope Gaga is okay with all this bad press. This just wasn't needed on Todd's part at all. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Fck I luv Art
4 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

The incels are now accusing Gaga of SAing an extra oh my god this movie was actually such a terrible idea :icant:

I’m done with this 

I could go on for the rest of my life without hearing anything related to this movie ever again, as of this moment 

Thank god LG7 is about 2 weeks away 

****, I was right to deactivate my twitter.

May they all go to hell those jobless haters.

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤

TheSine

Well, everything is on them at this point.

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵

weed

my friend who literally does not gaf about Gaga or joker saw it on tiktok months ago and she was so excited for this specific scene lol it would have been an iconic moment of the film and todd said NO, flops only!

• Like 1

alsemanche

I havent seen the movie and I don't care about the director but his explanation makes perfect sense... it wouldn't have worked without dialogue so he cut it out. This is his movie, not Gaga's, so why would he just keep it in because she did it? We're doing too much

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 6

Monet

Yeah, i had the impression it was improvised. Honestly, i don't think it would made that much difference. Now he needs to explain why he cut Joker and Lee dancing in the stairs :messga:

ChromaticaBoy

In HOG the “Father Son and House of Gucci” part was Gaga’s idea and that part became a meme and it was very viral.

Now we get to know that this scene in JFAD’s shooting was Gaga’s idea and a lot of people were expecting it and wanted it in the final cut.

With movies Gaga really needs to get into her director era:icant::cheeky: ala Bradley Cooper in ASIB, actress and director.

Edited by ChromaticaBoy
  • YAAAS 5
  • Thanks 2

Red

To be fair literally every movie has a bunch of cut scenes cause the director watched back and didn’t like the vibe, I’m not a Todd apologist but I’m just saying

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 8

Fck I luv Art
3 minutes ago, ChromaticaBoy said:

In HOG the “Father Son and House of Gucci” part was Gaga’s idea and that part became a meme and it was very viral.

Now we get to know that this scene in JFAD’s shooting was Gaga’s idea and a lot of people were expecting it and wanted it in the final cut.

With movies Gaga really needs to get into her director era:icant::cheeky: ala Bradley Cooper in ASIB, actress and director.

Real we love you Brad, this dude totally understood Gaga as an actress and that's why the movie worked. :holdmyhand:

Edited by Fck I luv Art
Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤

Borisapillar

Also to be clear all he would have to do is do another take and ask her not to do the kiss, which I guarantee you they did 

• Like 1

MOT

Is that scene still in the movie, i.e. she does go up the steps but it's just that she doesn't stop to kiss anyone or say anything ?