Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
achievement

#Joker2 is now the #2 highest grossing musical of 2024 worldwide, #22 all genres

gerrygaga

Featured Posts

Mister G
Just now, Economy said:

Well considering some of it goes to movie theaters and taxes etc, dont u need to be make significantly more than the cost to make money back?

I dont know almost any business where nearly 100% of revenue goes straight to pockets

I believe that's typically the best practice. 

madmagical6
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I didnt say her career was over or that she was gonna start flopping after this and not be "fine"

What i said is that it hurts her more than in helps her.

LG7 could have built on positive hype around Gaga from a huge film now it will instead be more like "inspite of"

Yeah I agree agree, although I don't want to. I think she, or Interscope should push new LG7 music asap. I do think that'll soften the blow with the films reception.

• Like 1

Mister G
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

I didnt say her career was over or that she was gonna start flopping after this and not be "fine"

What i said is that it hurts her more than in helps her.

LG7 could have built on positive hype around Gaga from a huge film now it will instead be more like "inspite of"

Well for starters, I also never said or claimed that your interpretation of what's been happening with JFAD was going to result in flopping. I just simply made a statement in response to your comment that this could hurt her, by pointing out that several of her peers were in similar situations and they were fine afterwards. 

QueenChromatix
28 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well considering some of it goes to movie theaters and taxes etc, dont u need to be make significantly more than the cost to make money back?

I dont know almost any business where nearly 100% of revenue goes straight to pockets

I know. But I’m not digging that deep in the business issues. I just want the movie to make at least the sum of its budget

je suis petit monstre 🥀
  • Like 1

tlittlemonster

As a rule of thumb, a movie needs to make double its budget to be considered commercially profitable and thereby successful.

Therefore, the movie would need to make $400M total worldwide...

The American market caught the hate train so unfortunately it's doing rather poorly, but the international markets are doing surprisingly well, perhaps because they're all disconnected from this DC hate and they just enjoy the movie for its cinemography, music and story? 

• Like 1

tlittlemonster

P.S. I find it a joke (no pun intended) the people who said they left the cinema half way through?

Why being so dramatic? 🤣 the film is actually pretty good.

It says more about the people than the film.

Interestingly, I've seen a resurgence in Tik Toks defending the film and explaining the storyline.

I guess not everyone is that dumb and boring not to understand how incredible the film actually is? 🎨 

Edited by tlittlemonster
  • Like 1

Morphine Prince
2 hours ago, QueenChromatix said:

Im predicting this movie will do around $220M worldwide, so will slightly cover its total budget ($200M)

That’s not how it works. It needs to make $500M to break even. 

A film needs 2.5 times its budget to cover marketing and distribution costs. 

@Economy

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 1

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, QueenChromatix said:

Im predicting this movie will do around $220M worldwide, so will slightly cover its total budget ($200M)

Forbes reported that it needs to do at least $500M to break-even, and there’s no way in hell that’ll happen. Sucks to be Todd Phillips and Warner Bros. right now :brat:

r4therupbeat
4 hours ago, Kimmo said:

I was watching the local news this morning and the two lady anchors pretty much took a dump on the movie… One of them said she had to leave in the middle of the movie because she didn’t know it was a musical. And the other one said “if you like Gaga then you will like this, if you don’t you won’t” 

I was like shut the f up!!!!! 

Also some people think Gaga’s voice sucks because they think is her real singing voice in the movie. My co workers who also walked out of the movie, said Gaga sucked at singing and trying to explain to him it was for the movie was useless so I gave up. 

This is A TOTAL MESS!!! :franminervini:

The fact that they picked Gaga but did not want her actual vocals to be used is so crazy to me. The deserve the lashings tbh

LG2008
5 hours ago, gerrygaga said:

2024 Worldwide Box Office

#22. (new) Joker: Folie À Deux

2024 Highest Grossing Musicals

#1. Bob Marley: One Love

#2. Joker: Folie À Deux (very close gap from #1)

#3. Mean Girls

I'm predicting Wicked will be the #1 highest-grossing musical this year since it's a big Disney film, Joker 2 might end up #2 or atleast Top 3 musical of 2024.

Wicked is not Disney... And I kinda see it flopping too, tbh

Edited by LG2008

LG2008
8 minutes ago, r4therupbeat said:

The fact that they picked Gaga but did not want her actual vocals to be used is so crazy to me. The deserve the lashings tbh

It makes sense in the context of the movie. It's a good way to distinguish what's real and what's fantasy. She did a great job, the problem was that none of this is explained in the movie...

Was it that difficult to include some scenes to see what was Lee's plan and why they were singing? :patrizia:

• Like 1

Economy
42 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

That’s not how it works. It needs to make $500M to break even. 

A film needs 2.5 times its budget to cover marketing and distribution costs. 

@Economy

Yeah thats kind if what i was getting at

Shyane
4 hours ago, Economy said:

You know what, i figured some ppl would not put it together that the singing was not her normal singing voice

Tbh at this point this movie might hurt her reputation and career more than if she did no movie.

Even tho shes not the one at fault, when a movie is this broadly hated and your name is all over it and reviews, u end up getting associated with it

this is my fear too. 

• Like 1

Shyane
3 hours ago, QueenChromatix said:

that's why she released Harlequin - to give people her full vocal range on the same song she done "badly" in the movie

exactly my guess as well. 

r4therupbeat
2 hours ago, LG2008 said:

It makes sense in the context of the movie. It's a good way to distinguish what's real and what's fantasy. She did a great job, the problem was that none of this is explained in the movie...

Was it that difficult to include some scenes to see what was Lee's plan and why they were singing? :patrizia:

Whoever cut her scenes and whoever decided not to label it as a musical and now everyone feels they've been cheated is responsible. 

• Thanks 1