Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
movie

Joker: Folie à Deux debuts with $40M in its opening weekend at domestic box office

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
1 hour ago, Leoj305 said:

girl, did warnerbros not expect 80M international? I know they expected 90M domestically originally, so 40M is horrible, but considering its reception, 121M is pretty okay considering it is reviewed as the absolute worst comic book movie in history? 

No, it’s horrible either way. Not sure why you guys aren’t accepting that. 

You have to look at the sequel’s performance and budget. There is no way to spin this positively. 

LG2008
14 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

You have to look at the sequel’s performance and budget. There is no way to spin this positively. 

At least sounds good if you don't know or choose to forget the budget :traumatica:

Maybe it will make some people go... "Joker 2 opens with 121 MILLION" doesn't sound bad for headlines.

It hasn't opened in China yet, right? I hope it does good there so the box office looks better. At this point this is the only thing that we should be worried about. People will continue with their negativity online even if they haven't watched the movie themselves. 

Edited by LG2008

Morphine Prince
Just now, LG2008 said:

At least sounds good if you don't know or choose to forget the budget :traumatica:

Maybe it will make some people go... "Joker 2 opens with 121 MILLION" doesn't sound bad for headlines.

Yeah I’m a box office nerd and literally check numbers every week, this only sounds good if you don’t have any context or background on this type of thing lol 

LG2008
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Yeah I’m a box office nerd and literally check numbers every week, this only sounds good if you don’t have any context or background on this type of thing lol 

Yeah, me too... :fatcat: but GP don't so let's hope that headline helps lol :traumatica:

Edited by LG2008

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, LG2008 said:

Yeah, me too... :fatcat: but GP don't so let's hope that headline helps lol :traumatica:

On another note, the first Joker film didn’t release in China so it will be interesting to see how Joker 2 performs there. 

• YAAAS 1

Hyperobject
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

On another note, the first Joker film didn’t release in China so it will be interesting to see how Joker 2 performs there. 

okay, but… realistically, how much can the film gross in China? 

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

okay, but… realistically, how much can the film gross in China? 

If we compare Joker 2 to The Flash (due to similar performance domestically), I will say around $30M total. Maybe more. Not sure how familiar people in China are with the first film. 

• Like 1

ThisGuyTony

ASIB did $42.9M its opening weekend :air: 

Thankfully all the attention is on Todd and Joaquin so she will remain unscathed from this bomb :zilla:

• Thanks 1

cachapatratorian
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

Ok

Cortezz
25 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

ASIB did $42.9M its opening weekend :air: 

Thankfully all the attention is on Todd and Joaquin so she will remain unscathed from this bomb :zilla:

Sadly she’s getting bad comments on her Instagram posts, like “you ruined the movie” and stuff like that. I’m worried about her actress career. She doesn’t deserve this hate train when isn’t her fault. 

Karl
4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Incorrect. $121M is TERRIBLE.

For comparison, Joker took in $93.5 million domestically in 2019. Combined with the foreign ticket sales of $140.5 million, the film had an opening weekend globally of $234 million.

Joker had a $55M budget. Joker 2 has a $200M budget.

These numbers are ABYSMAL and not sure why some of you are celebrating :rip: 

$121m Vs $234 mil doesn't sound that bad considering the first one did over a billion and this one is a musical? Surely it will at least break even, it's not like it opened with $10 mil or something yall need to calm down 

NarlesLM

Pretty much it

Lady Gaga’s biggest opening weekend at the global box-office:

#1. “Joker: Folie à Deux” — $121.1M

#2. “A Star is Born” — $57.1M

#3. “House of Gucci” — $34.8M

• Shook 1

Morphine Prince
18 minutes ago, Karl said:

$121m Vs $234 mil doesn't sound that bad considering the first one did over a billion and this one is a musical? Surely it will at least break even, it's not like it opened with $10 mil or something yall need to calm down 

Again, Joker 2 has a $200M budget and needs to make $450-$500 to BREAK EVEN. 

Joker was a success. Joker FAD is not. The math has Joker FAD barely (maybe) breaking even. 

Conventional knowledge says a film needs to make 2.5 its budget to break even. This is due to marketing and distribution costs. 

Joker was making profit by its first weekend. This is not comparable and people here need to look at the numbers, they don’t lie. 

StarstruckIllusion

Yet apparently to some on this site: no one should be held accountable. Not even Todd Phillips

Lmfao