Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Joker: Folie à Deux debuts with $40M in its opening weekend at domestic box office

Teletubby

Featured Posts

weed
Just now, HelloHangoverz said:

Noo I wasn't coming for you I was just making a joke :bradley: I would never come for my favourite drug!

ahaha I know queen I was trying to make a joke back :sis: I tried a few and landed on that one lmaooo :stupidoreo:

• LMAO 1

weed
Just now, Nessun Dorma said:

Here :)

Joker: Folie à Deux” debuted to an estimated $81.1 million this weekend to top the international box office. The film, which is a follow-up to 2019’s “Joker,” earned a disappointing $40 million domestically. Globally, the off-beat comic book film has earned $121.1 million. (…)

The film played on 25,788 screens and in 76 overseas markets. Among the most notable results, “Joker: Folie à Deux” grossed $8 million in the U.K., $6.9 million in Germany, $5.6 million in Italy, $5.5 million in Mexico, and $5 million in France. Next week, the film will open in Japan before debuting in China on October 16.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/joker-2-international-box-office-debut-grosses-1236169416/#

Global SMASH! :vegas: Thank you for the source!

• Love 3

Leoj305

121 million world wide is very good though? The first one opened with 139 million from what i'm reading online. 

Reality

That's awful :smh: At this point, I think many of us are ready to move on from this era, as sad as that may be. I'm just glad that we got the Harlequin album because that, to me, is the true gem of this entire thing. Also, we know we're getting the LG7 lead this month, so at least we have that to look forward to :heart:

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Sorcerer
1 minute ago, RickMonster98 said:

I'm reading on TW $121.1M for its global debut

Is this legit

Yes. The international box office met projections. Word of mouth is still pretty bad though. We'll see if Japan delivers on Oct 11 and China on Oct 16.

Break-even point is at $450M. I don't think it will reach it but the target now is to lessen the losses.

• Like 1

Rahrahbitchson
20 minutes ago, weed said:

Allegedly it's smashing in Italy with ~4M euros box office so far, but I can't find a reliable source for that.

But what about Azerbaijan? Is it smashing there🤔? Is our only hope at this point

oprah-book-1.gif

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Shook 1

Psyduck
26 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

the biggest threat for Gaga out of this is that it could possibly lead to future producers being hesitant to cast her for A list roles. Not that this failure of a movie is her fault but I guess in a male dominated business she'll come up too when producers look back and think about FAD. Depends how the movie is doing and what kind of buzz it's going to generate the next weeks. Hopefully it will just fade away and she'll can make us forget with LG7

I guess it depends on a lot of factors like if you ask the film goers

Who are you here to watch? if most say Gaga then its a win

Critics consensus did say she is underutilized and the one carrying the film so there's that

Also, her salary from films might depend on box office instead of upfront payment (as an alternative negotiation)

9 minutes ago, Nessun Dorma said:

Here :)

Joker: Folie à Deux” debuted to an estimated $81.1 million this weekend to top the international box office. The film, which is a follow-up to 2019’s “Joker,” earned a disappointing $40 million domestically. Globally, the off-beat comic book film has earned $121.1 million. (…)

The film played on 25,788 screens and in 76 overseas markets. Among the most notable results, “Joker: Folie à Deux” grossed $8 million in the U.K., $6.9 million in Germany, $5.6 million in Italy, $5.5 million in Mexico, and $5 million in France. Next week, the film will open in Japan before debuting in China on October 16.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/joker-2-international-box-office-debut-grosses-1236169416/#

Its not that bad.. Slayyy a bit I guess

keep on looking for Psyduck
  • Like 3

Anveeroy
33 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

the biggest threat for Gaga out of this is that it could possibly lead to future producers being hesitant to cast her for A list roles. Not that this failure of a movie is her fault but I guess in a male dominated business she'll come up too when producers look back and think about FAD. Depends how the movie is doing and what kind of buzz it's going to generate the next weeks. Hopefully it will just fade away and she'll can make us forget with LG7

Nothing will happen. She is LG; if she wants something she will get it. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

chromaticainmyhead
10 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

121 million world wide is very good though? The first one opened with 139 million from what i'm reading online. 

I guess that is the effect of the first movie being such a smash, Phoenix, Gaga and its heavy advertising. If it's still high in the 2nd week it is a good sign. Generally the second week will be crucial for how this film is going to be looked at in the aftermath

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay
  • Thanks 1

InTheCloset

WHEN WE DRIVE IN YOUR CAR IM YOUR BABY

LOSING ALL MY INNOCENCE IN THE BACKSEAT

Where's the spunk, Adam?

Morphine Prince
17 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Incorrect. $121M is TERRIBLE.

For comparison, Joker took in $93.5 million domestically in 2019. Combined with the foreign ticket sales of $140.5 million, the film had an opening weekend globally of $234 million.

Joker had a $55M budget. Joker 2 has a $200M budget.

These numbers are ABYSMAL and not sure why some of you are celebrating :rip: 

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 6

Hyperobject
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

These numbers are ABYSMAL and not sure why some of you are celebrating :rip: 

should people be mourning or what? number one movie is a number one movie after all, even if it tanked badly lol. 

• Thanks 1

Morphine Prince
Just now, Hyperobject said:

should people be mourning or what? number one movie is a number one movie after all, even if it tanked badly lol. 

I was referring to people celebrating the global numbers in this thread which are actually terrible.