Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Sabrina Carpenter has officially qualified for Best New Artist at the Grammys

Teletubby

Featured Posts

androiduser
2 hours ago, ImMatt said:

I've always thought the phrasing of 'Best New Artist' needs to change because people will always argue if someone is 'new' or not.

'Best Breakthrough Artist' would be much better imo

but that could also be debatable - what is a breakthrough? Is it one top100 song? a top 10 hit? three hits? Would all artists have to be on a similar level in their breakthrough year?

ImMatt
Just now, androiduser said:

but that could also be debatable - what is a breakthrough? Is it one top100 song? a top 10 hit? three hits? Would all artists have to be on a similar level in their breakthrough year?

I don't think you'd need to base it on anything specific, you'd make it general like the other categories. Who do people consider having a breakthrough year in 2024 for example? Clearly Sabrina, Chappell, Benson...maybe Shaboozey, Tyla, Last Dinner Party too? Anyone who has broken through to the mainstream who wasn't there before could be considered 

It gets round the debate of newness as Sabrina, Shaboozey, Benson and Chappell aren't 'new' as such but they're new to most people

andy232000
1 hour ago, Jack3257 said:

I would love nothing more than Benson Boone winning.

While not my personal pick, I’d like that too! He deserves something. If Gaga and Bruno don’t take home SOTY, he should get it for Beautiful Things

Gagaplayer315

Well I hope she gets it because she deserves it  :ororomunroe:

River
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Chappell is probably winning it anyway.

this is flamebait :air:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

King of the Fall

"Best New Artist" is such a stupid title when people like Chappell and Sabrina have been grinding for ages to get to where they are today. The award is just a display of how corrupt the process is. They pay these artists dirt in terms of recognition until they go mainstream and then all of a sudden the grammy's love them.

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite

Teletubby
17 minutes ago, Luffy said:

Not one hit wonders being nominated :deadbanana:

she has 3 songs in the top 10 on the Hot 100 and her album has earned over 100k units every week in the US in the past five weeks.

i ❤️