Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

YouTube blocks songs from Adele, Ariana Grande & more in the US due to SESAC dispute

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Songs by Adele, Bob Dylan, Green Day, R.E.M., Burna Boy, Rush and many others are currently unplayable on YouTube in the U.S. due to a legal dispute between the platform and the performing rights organization SESAC.

Attempts to play many, but not all, songs by those artists on Saturday met with the following message: “This video contains content from SESAC. It is not available in your country.”

SESAC is among several companies that helps songwriters protect their original work and collect royalties. Just as with Universal Music Group’s dispute with TikTok earlier this year, which resulted in four million songs being pulled from the social media platform for months, SESAC and YouTube have not reached a deal agreement on renewal terms.
Thus, SESAC is within its purview to block public performances of music, from streaming to radio play, though this is often hard to enforce.
source source

i ❤️

Lucas

These people worth hundreds of millions will really do everything to win a few thousands more lol

• Like 2

River

Good for Harlequin :giveup:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 3

GagaTheExplorer

Hopefully The Weeknd, Billie, Sabrina and Taylor are next

Edited by GagaTheExplorer
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Helxig

We really need to keep torrenting and pirating and streaming alive because I'm getting really sick of this era where these giant businesses own everything and we are just 'borrowing' it from them. We own nothing these days and everything can be taken away at the drop of a hat when these multi-billionaires decide to have a pissing match over who gets to have more ads and steal more money

Like I was literally at my mum's house today and found a massive stash of cassette tapes and CDs and had this moment of realisation that all of this music has just existed on these things for literal decades and is still just as useable and untouched and unchanged as it was the day it was bought. Compared to this bullsh.it that's happening now

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 8

Teletubby
26 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

Hopefully The Weeknd, Billie, Sabrina and Taylor are next

they are not represented by SESAC.

i ❤️

Naak Le Vaar

Loveeeee Song by Rihanna doesn't play. The rest of the album is unaffected, how random :wtfga:

Lmao they blocked my signature

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

Loveeeee Song by Rihanna doesn't play. The rest of the album is unaffected, how random :wtfga:

Loveeeee Song is blocked because one of songwriters is SESAC affiliate, also not all songs are blocked yet

i ❤️

LeafBug
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

We really need to keep torrenting and pirating and streaming alive because I'm getting really sick of this era where these giant businesses own everything and we are just 'borrowing' it from them. We own nothing these days and everything can be taken away at the drop of a hat when these multi-billionaires decide to have a pissing match over who gets to have more ads and steal more money

Like I was literally at my mum's house today and found a massive stash of cassette tapes and CDs and had this moment of realisation that all of this music has just existed on these things for literal decades and is still just as useable and untouched and unchanged as it was the day it was bought. Compared to this bullsh.it that's happening now

I hate everything that is subscription-based. There needs to be laws that protect consumers. :messga:

• Like 1

Lucas
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Exactly! Music, series, movies, even games now, we own nothing anymore. Let's not even talk about the digitalisation of money, I didn't have any cash for at least 3 years, just cards.

GagaTheExplorer
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

they are not represented by SESAC.

Saddly