Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Chappell Roan cancels her appearance at All Things Go festival on Saturday

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TheSine

When someone else cancels: aw man i hope she's okay. I hope i get a refund.

When chappell roan cancels: Oh my goddness guys they're not cut out for fame.... :(

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

FATCAT
10 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

What topics did she "fail to look into" before speaking on them? These are the issues she's spoken about:

- Despite electing Biden and pushing out Trump, the Democrats failed to enshrine abortion rights and the toppling of Roe V Wade by the Supreme Court.

- Under a Democratic presidency, trans health care was either outlawed or restricted in Republican states.

- Under a Democratic presidency, abortion access and reproductive care was essentially outlawed or restricted in Republican states.

- Under a Democratic presidency, the United States has been the biggest supplier of weapons used in a modern genocide, and Kamala has pledged her commitment to Israel if she wins the election to further aid their violence.

See, that's why you don't see any issue with what she's saying, because you also don't understand the political situation in the US.

• 3 Supreme Court justices were appointed by Trump & Republicans while Trump was in office.
  • Those 3 justices cemented a conservative majority on the Supreme court, allowing them to overrule Roe v. Wade.
  • Democrats held a slim majority in congress for 2 years, but did not have enough votes in the Senate required.
  • Republicans hold the levers of power in those states, the president doesn't have any authority over state law. 
Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

See, that's why you don't see any issue with what she's saying, because you also don't understand the political situation in the US.

• 3 Supreme Court justices were appointed by Trump & Republicans while Trump was in office.
  • Those 3 justices cemented a conservative majority on the Supreme court, allowing them to overrule Roe v. Wade.
  • Democrats held a slim majority in congress for 2 years, but did not have enough votes in the Senate required.
  • Republicans hold the levers of power in those states, the president doesn't have any authority over state law. 

I know all of this. I understand the political situation in the US very clearly.

You are redirecting away from my initial question: How has Chappell failed to look into the very real issues queer people are CURRENTLY FACING, especially in red states?

I'm not asking you WHY they're the way they are - we know why: because Democrats have repeatedly failed to enshrine basic rights for queer people and women because it has been their bartering tool for my entire lifetime.

Because Democrats rolled with the RBG celebrity cycle instead of pressuring the rapidly declining elder holding a "lifetime position" to step aside and replace with another Democratic judge before Trump took office.

We can play this back and forth game all day, but the bottom line is Republicans are morally bankrupt and Democrats are full of empty promises, banking on the fears of the public to drive them to victory.

I fail to see how Chappell pointing all of this out, while also acknowledging Trump is a death wish and that she will still be voting for Kamala, is wrong.

Morphine Prince
24 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Don't try to gaslight and switch the topic lol. Someone speaking doesn't mean they are not worthy of kind treatment.

Nobody is gaslighting, the f*uck? 

The user I quoted suggested people should not react, AT ALL. 

Which I pointed out is a wild statement to make. 

It is common sense that if you put your opinion out there people will respond all types of ways. 

• Like 1

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I know all of this. I understand the political situation in the US very clearly.

You are redirecting away from my initial question: How has Chappell failed to look into the very real issues queer people are CURRENTLY FACING, especially in red states?

I'm not asking you WHY they're the way they are - we know why: because Democrats have repeatedly failed to enshrine basic rights for queer people and women because it has been their bartering tool for my entire lifetime.

Because Democrats rolled with the RBG celebrity cycle instead of pressuring the rapidly declining elder holding a "lifetime position" to step aside and replace with another Democratic judge before Trump took office.

We can play this back and forth game all day, but the bottom line is Republicans are morally bankrupt and Democrats are full of empty promises, banking on the fears of the public to drive them to victory.

I fail to see how Chappell pointing all of this out, while also acknowledging Trump is a death wish and that she will still be voting for Kamala, is wrong.

You both need to take a civics class. Democrats have not had the votes to achieve what you're asking for. When they have the votes, they pass them. They were able to secure enough votes to pass the Equality act just this year:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/15

The reality is that you don't know what you're talking about.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Is this true? omg :rip: 

*someone is related to someone else* “Crazy world we live in 🤯

• Like 1

Cameltoe Chariot
Just now, FATCAT said:

You both need to take a civics class. Democrats have not had the votes to achieve what you're asking for. When they have the votes, they pass them. They were able to secure enough votes to pass the Equality act just this year:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/15

The reality is that you don't know what you're talking about.

Being condescending isn't gonna help you "win" this argument.

You're so hellbent on holding a pop star accountable for criticizing politics, but seem completely incapable of holding your politicians to the same flame. It shouldn't be considered uneducated or treasonous to entertain the fact that Democrats have failed the LGBTQ+ community and women at large, but here we are!

Hope you don't start handing out warnings to people on here whenever they dare to question Kamala.

Ladle Ghoulash

Also the fact that people are making hay about Chappell prioritizing her health and her boundaries and being related to a conservative when Gaga has done all of those things and her father appears on Fox News relatively consistently 🪦 Y’all are wild. 

• Like 1

Morphine Prince
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

*someone is related to someone else* “Crazy world we live in 🤯

*someone’s uncle passed anti-LGBT measures in Missouri* 

Yet I choose to lie about Democrats being anti LGBT and equate them to Republicans 

Cameltoe Chariot
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Is this true? omg :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Your obsession with taking her down is absolutely rotted.

I'm done with this thread. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

*someone’s uncle passed anti-LGBT measures in Missouri* 

Yet I choose to lie about Democrats being anti LGBT and equate them to Republicans 

I mean, her uncle being a freshman GOP from Missouri is only tangentially related to that claim (if at all), but when did she specifically claim the Dems and GOP were the same on LGBTQ+ issues? 

Morphine Prince
Just now, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Your obsession with taking her down is absolutely rotted.

I'm done with this thread. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

I’m not obsessed with taking her down at all. 

You people just can’t handle being challenged by an opposing view and neither can Ms. Roan. 

• Like 2