Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Chappell Roan cancels her appearance at All Things Go festival on Saturday

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Debithius

Chappell Roan will not survive fame...

Edit: At this point I can't see her releasing new music at all, or at least for a long time.

Edited by Debithius
  • Like 19
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 20

weed

Is Chappell Roan's cancelling a threat to the icon status of Brazil, I'm devastated?

• LMAO 16

Bonkers

I saw her posts about the election.

Her dumbΒ :messga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

ActualPatient
14 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I saw her posts about the election.

Β 

she's not making it easy for me to like her more (or even search for her discography) even though i like good luck, babe (and never heard anything else)

Edited by ActualPatient
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Jackaroo

Whenever I see Chappell on social media in the last month is literally her stressed af explaining common senses and pointing out the obvious to dumb people.Β :fail:Β get well soon girlΒ :haroon:

• Like 8
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 8

weed

She seems like a good person overall but mama is not very professional, it's giving messy. Hope she can figure out how to achieve the kind of career she wants.Β 

• Like 12

NATAH

hope she feels better soon!

kinda insane to me that on gagadaily of all places, y'all are still coming for her even when she flat out says she's not feeling well...

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 39

Roughhouse Dandy

It takes a good team and great mental health to sustain yourself as a notable figure these days and I hope she finds both if she decides to continue with this career path. Despite the bs, I'm wishing her well through it.

This is my Hannah Montanaℒ️ lipgloss.
  • Like 7

HelloHangoverz
2 minutes ago, NATAH said:

hope she feels better soon!

kinda insane to me that on gagadaily of all places, y'all are still coming for her even when she flat out says she's not feeling well...

these are the same people that would be decrying elon and capitalism if he fired somebody for mental health reasons

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 6

Cameltoe Chariot

I find the backlash Chappell is getting to be both extremely confusing and way out of line. I feel terrible for her and I hope she can protect herself and her energy better moving forward.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 17

SpadesToStart

I have sympathy for her, but at the same time, I don’t think she is cut out for the music industry unless she does a major internal realignment.

• Like 22

King of the Fall

Every time she opens her mouth I like her less and less. That nonsense about not supporting Kamala rubbed me the wrong way. She is a talented artist and seems to have integrity but is not cut out for a life of fame

Edited by King of the Fall
  • Like 7

Emvee

I know it’s probably not her β€œvibe” but she needs a PR team. Let’s be real for a damn minute. She can’t be jumping on tik tok every time she sees criticism of her on the internet. You never win like that. The mob will always find a way to turn it back on you. And it will always be this way. No amount of idealism will change the fact that this is how society operates when it comes to celebrity culture.Β 

I don’t agree with her position on the politics. She seems to be very incoherent politically, but then again the majority of Americans are. Β She should forget all that and protect her peace so that she’s healthy enough to continue making music.Β 

Edited by Emvee
  • Like 19

chromaticainmyhead

Too bad people are not ready for someone being real and who is unwilling to hide behind PR scripts. She is probably facing a lot of pressure from the industry within that she is relying her image on neglecting those parts of celebrity culture that so many other celebs are heavily dependent on (even Gaga ) let alone from the public the overnight fame. Much about celebrity culture and what is wrong with it (obsession with fame, hustle culture, cancel culture, beauty and competition especially among women) influences us as a society. You can say she's messy or unprofessional but you could also highlight her sensitivity towards those issues who she wants to be a lead figure and actively do it differently. If it wouldn't sound so pathetic bc our society is not ready for this kind of conversation I'd say it's revolutionary to have someone (who is also queer) on such a young age and who is putting their well being above everything else and fight for it to be heard and accepted the way it feels right for them. Who knows if she's even with the right people that are on her team? It takes a village to handle a career like that and good for you if you also want to change the system that you're just be accepted to get in. You know, I would give her a chance that she's trying something different. Time will tell. And there is enough room for you to cancel her anytime later if you'd really want to.

Edited by chromaticainmyhead
fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay
  • Like 8